Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Players Stepping Up Protests Since Trump's Comments?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆ The entire idea that one must enlist in order to have a legitimate voice is ridiculous and self-serving. I have here on BGR addressed atrocities committed in Vietnam. It has been well documented that a certain mindset was pushed in Vietnam from Command that led to war crimes on the part of our forces. Not all forces, but certainly enough to be noteworthy. I also believe that veteran's hospitals should be the very best hospitals in this nation. We often have lips near praise of the veteran but actual policies and practices that do not mirror that public lauding and proclamation. One must not have enlisted to have a voice on either. To suggest otherwise is self-serving and wrong. This latest round of national anthem protests in the NFL were focused as a stand against the "fire the S.O.B." rhetoric of President Trump. Combining the flag and the anthem as a symbol of love of country does not preclude a person or group of people from using that platform to express dissent. To express dissent through symbolic action is just as protected as to express nationalistic fervor through symbolic assent. The United States of America, in its Charter, recognizes both as legitimate speech. Period.

The left are continually dismissive of 'legitimate' voices. Since they rarely if ever sacrifice either their time or their money in support the causes of their particular ideological or partisan bents, they usually speak from a position of ignorance, indoctrinated pseudo-intellectual biases, or both.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:
I take it, then, that if the speech or acts of conscience offend portion "X" of the public, and portion "X" be the sizeable majority, that the power of the marketplace should be exerted to punish the person, the people who offend? "Hey, buddy, a bunch of white guys who watch the games and buy the tickets are who put that money in your uppity pocket. Seems like America has no issues with race, you spoiled, uppity millionaire." Or, have I misinterpreted the outrage?

Absolutely not, but welcome to capatilism :Thumbs:

Your only worth something if you make something. Simple fact is the majority of NFL fans that watch the games and go to the games are on the opposite side of the political spectrum. Even in San Francisco they had empty seats galore.
If fans boycott these games and the ratings decline who really hurts? The whiny millionaire players? The liberal networks? The social justice warriors?
For such a small group of individuals to piss off 80 percent of its viewing audience is not only idiotic, it's insane. If I were ESPN, I wouldn't even show it. Wouldn't allow articles about it. Wouldn't mention it. Instead on Saturday instead of the front page of ESPN being about the collegfe games, they had 3 stories about Trump and the national anthem. They're insane.
Look at the award shows like the Emmys. They let the most Trump hating person alive in Colbert host. It resulted in the lowest viewing ever.
Average Americans don't want to hear that non sense 24/7. It's gets old. Until the libs realize people can think for themselves, they'll never be taken seriously. It's time to stop whining about race. That card is done. It's over. EVERYBODY struggles. Privilege is a myth.

If the libs and SJWs want to do something America can get behind, tell then to go to Chicago. March the streets and DEMAND these gang members give it up. Keep the streets so busy they can't kill each other.
500 shootings already. 500. And not a peep from kapernick, LeBron, curry, etc. About it. Screw that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Absolutely not, but welcome to capatilism :Thumbs:

Your only worth something if you make something. Simple fact is the majority of NFL fans that watch the games and go to the games are on the opposite side of the political spectrum. Even in San Francisco they had empty seats galore.
If fans boycott these games and the ratings decline who really hurts? The whiny millionaire players? The liberal networks? The social justice warriors?
For such a small group of individuals to piss off 80 percent of its viewing audience is not only idiotic, it's insane. If I were ESPN, I wouldn't even show it. Wouldn't allow articles about it. Wouldn't mention it. Instead on Saturday instead of the front page of ESPN being about the collegfe games, they had 3 stories about Trump and the national anthem. They're insane.
Look at the award shows like the Emmys. They let the most Trump hating person alive in Colbert host. It resulted in the lowest viewing ever.
Average Americans don't want to hear that non sense 24/7. It's gets old. Until the libs realize people can think for themselves, they'll never be taken seriously. It's time to stop whining about race. That card is done. It's over. EVERYBODY struggles. Privilege is a myth.

If the libs and SJWs want to do something America can get behind, tell then to go to Chicago. March the streets and DEMAND these gang members give it up. Keep the streets so busy they can't kill each other.
500 shootings already. 500. And not a peep from kapernick, LeBron, curry, etc. About it. Screw that.

But Run, how can libs realize 'other people' can think for themselves, when none of them can even think for theirselves? Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vector Wrote:1. I'm with you on this one boy! I know it always grates on me when a draft dodger runs his mouth about patriotism, national defense, and personal sacrifice for one's country.

Boy! I am glad you agree with me that Donald is a draft dodger and shouldn't be running his mouth about somebody's patriotism.

2. Like say running for President on one's own money and then having won, doing the job of President without any form of pay, even going as far a donating a million dollars to the Harvey relief effort.

Boy! what's that got to do with being a draft dodger?

3. BTW vector, where and when did you serve?

Boy! first I was not old enough when the draft was going on. And if I was and I got the letter to go then yes I would have went. By the way did you volunteer or was you drafted?
And if you was drafted or volunteered you went so you should have more to say about patriotism than a draft dodger.
Like I said I am against not standing for the anthem but the criticism and name calling shouldn't come from a draft dodger he hasn't earned that right.

In my Dads family there was 7 boys 6 of them was drafted and served there country from WW2 to Vietnam the only one who wasn't drafted was the youngest one how they missed him don't know but when they got there letter they went NO DEFRIMENTS NO RICH DADDY NO HEEL BRUISE THEY JUST WENT LIKE EVERY YOUNG BOY DID .

Now anyone who has served in the military drafted or volunteered has EARNED the right to question someone's patriotism NOT the SOB who was a draft dodger.

With all the problems we have
Why would Donald even get involved in this subject?
Was it because he was in Alabama the good old Boy State?
And he knew his fans would give him a loud applause?
Another self inflicted wound from Donald

BOY! THE MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN :biglmao::biglmao:

In saying vets earned the right to question those who could have served but by choice did not, you almost made a lucid point. Then you called the President an SOB, thusly proving yourself incapable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:In saying vets earned the right to question those who could have served but by choice did not, you almost made a lucid point. Then you called the President an SOB, thusly proving yourself incapable.

Well then you would have to agree with me that Donald the draft dodger is also incapable since he also called some of the NFL players SOB'S

Why even bring this stuff up makes no sense period unless you are feeding your base or just love the attention

MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN
vector Wrote:Well then you would have to agree with me that Donald the draft dodger is also incapable since he also called some of the NFL players SOB'S

Why even bring this stuff up makes no sense period unless you are feeding your base or just love the attention

MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN

Of Donald J Trump: It's one thing to be plain spoken, and right, and popular, and have the leaders in government on one's side, and have the media on one's side. It's another thing to be plain spoken, and right, and 45% popular, and not have the leaders in government on one's side, nor to have the media on one's side.

In the second case to me, at such point that's called putting one's foot in his mouth. And here's what I find so inconsistent about doing it. Trump evidently believes in his base, and therefore feels the freedom to be both outspoken and truthful in his own eyes, and therefore defiant of most everybody on the left. And yet though he seems unthreatened by those formidable political opponents, he will not fire Sessions, or Cohen, or Mueller, all of whom seem determined to act as rigid checks on his Presidential power. He evidently has not the political will to push through on pursuing investigations of the very people giving him the most grief. He seems unconcerned or incapable of flushing the Deepstate toilet and getting new people, loyal people, installed. And at the pinnacle of my complaint is the ever ominous presence of a firmly entrenched McConnell and Ryan. The latest unraveling of Republican legislative efforts IMHO, is devastating. That's where I'd be focused. Other than that everthing's just peachy.

And BTW, the NFL players are setting an incredibly short sighted example. JFL players are emulating their insolence across this great nation in displaying similar disrespect during the national anthem, and one poor Mom who would not tolerate her son's disrespect is now under siege by the school board (I guess) of her son's district. Common sense is on it's head.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How Many Trump Men Have Served in the U.S. Military in 150 Years?*

Based on publicly available records sources and the news searches described above, the plain answer is None. Zero for Ten.

Absent a draft or other legal compulsion, there is, of course, nothing illegal about this record. There can be many reasons why any particular person does not get to serve.

However, over this long a period of time (1.5 centuries), with the number of major military conflicts the U.S. has fought in, and with this number of Trump male family members, it seems unusual that not one of them made the same sacrifice of service as tens of millions of their countrymen.

Can you review your own family’s history in America since 1870 and not find a single veteran or serviceman among them?

Just how many of you Trump fans can go back 150 years and find NO MEMBERS SERVED IN THE MILITARY

http://www.nowaytrump.com/?p=480

THE MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN :biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
vector Wrote:How Many Trump Men Have Served in the U.S. Military in 150 Years?*

Based on publicly available records sources and the news searches described above, the plain answer is None. Zero for Ten.

Absent a draft or other legal compulsion, there is, of course, nothing illegal about this record. There can be many reasons why any particular person does not get to serve.

However, over this long a period of time (1.5 centuries), with the number of major military conflicts the U.S. has fought in, and with this number of Trump male family members, it seems unusual that not one of them made the same sacrifice of service as tens of millions of their countrymen.

Can you review your own family’s history in America since 1870 and not find a single veteran or serviceman among them?

Just how many of you Trump fans can go back 150 years and find NO MEMBERS SERVED IN THE MILITARY

http://www.nowaytrump.com/?p=480

THE MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN :biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

I remember being somewhat offended when the nation chose Bill Clinton,(a known draft dodger) over George H W Bush. Whether one had served or not used to be a very big deal in this country, especially if one wanted to be President. But it was important qualifying factor even when applying for any kind of employment.

So we had no service associated with Bill Clinton, then came George W. who served in the Air National Guard as a F-102 pilot. Then came Barack Obama from Kenya, who though never a member of the Air Force or any other armed service, still managed to get high as a kite every darn day.

I believe military service is a decided plus on the resume for any potential president and no, Trump did not serve. The second quarter earnings of this year showed the US economy is booming to the tune of 3.1%, and the stock market has gained over 4 trillion dollars of wealth since election day of 2016. Trump shows the most determination to restore our military to much needed levels, since the departure of Ronald Reagan. Has proven he understands the importance of a strong defense and has several retired generals in his employ.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I remember being somewhat offended when the nation chose Bill Clinton,(a known draft dodger) over George H W Bush. Whether one had served or not used to be a very big deal in this country, especially if one wanted to be President. But it was important qualifying factor even when applying for any kind of employment.

So we had no service associated with Bill Clinton, then came George W. who served in the Air National Guard as a F-102 pilot. Then came Barack Obama from Kenya, who though never a member of the Air Force or any other armed service, still managed to get high as a kite every darn day.

I believe military service is a decided plus on the resume for any potential president and no, Trump did not serve. The second quarter earnings of this year showed the US economy is booming to the tune of 3.1%, and the stock market has gained over 4 trillion dollars of wealth since election day of 2016. Trump shows the most determination to restore our military to much needed levels, since the departure of Ronald Reagan. Has proven he understands the importance of a strong defense and has several retired generals in his employ.

Just one big difference Bill or Obama didn't questioned anyone's Patriotism, Threatening to Fire them or called them a SOB Donald did.

Dow Nov 9 2016 18589
Dow Sept 29 2017 22405
Which is a gain of 3946
By your math equals a 4 trillion gain

Dow March 2009 6507
Dow Nov 8 2016 18332
Which is a gain of 11825
Again by your math would equal a 12 trillion gain
So when Donald leaves office hopefully in less than 4 years if he has a gain of at least 12 trillion dollars then you will have something to brag about BUT if he doesn't get his tax cuts for BIG BUSINESS PASSED hang on that's what they are holding out for.

And let's not forget Donald has inherited one of the best economy's in the last 50 years.

MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
This entire thread has gotten so off topic, it is impossible to monitor.