Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NFL Players Stepping Up Protests Since Trump's Comments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Many players knelt and those who didn’t linked arms as “The Star-Spangled Banner” was sung before today’s Ravens-Jaguars game in London.

All of the players who knelt for the American anthem appeared to stand for “God Save the Queen.”

Many players kneel, most link arms during “Star-Spangled Banner” in London
Awwww, they must feel so special.
How hard it must be to be a black man while getting in your bentley and driving to your mansion after a hard day's work of playing a game.

I think most of America is over it. Only celebs, athletes, and the media type like talk show hacks have kept this going. It's time to turn the tv off. I haven't watched an NFL game yet this year and don't plan too. Let's see how they feel when they start losing that money and have to become sanitation engineers.
I am glad to see the kneeling movement spread. It is about time for all Americans to see how little most professional athletes think about their own country. It is also a good thing for the athletes involved in the protests. They will at least be getting a education in basic economics.

So many of the spoiled brats whose sole reason for attending college is to launch professional athletic careers are about to learn about the law of supply and demand. They will finally be paying for an education out of their own wallets.

The most important thing in the field of entertainment is to know your audience. NFL players' friends and families may hate the U.S. as much as they do, but most seats are filled by hard working, patriotic Americans. The dumbasses who kneel for the national anthem need to understand how few fans with disposable income are interested in hearing about their political opinions.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am glad to see the kneeling movement spread. It is about time for all Americans to see how little most professional athletes think about their own country. It is also a good thing for the athletes involved in the protests. They will at least be getting a education in basic economics.

So many of the spoiled brats whose sole reason for attending college is to launch professional athletic careers are about to learn about the law of supply and demand. They will finally be paying for an education out of their own wallets.

The most important thing in the field of entertainment is to know your audience. NFL players' friends and families may hate the U.S. as much as they do, but most seats are filled by hard working, patriotic Americans. The dumbasses who kneel for the national anthem need to understand how few fans with disposable income are interested in hearing about their political opinions.

Right on the money. Anyone who spends up to $1,000 for a family of 4 to watch these turds play football needs to be put in a strightjacket and placed in a rubber room. Liberals are determined to force their views on everyone. Nice knowin' ya NFL, I'm out! The half-full stadium in LA for the 49ers-Rams game made my week. Much more of that to come!:flush:
Jaguars stood arm in arm in unity, but they stood. Many Ravens sat, not even kneeling, which may be an even bigger insult to the flag.

Outcome of the Game, Jaguars destroy Ravens. It had to be Donald Trump that caused the Ravens such an embarrassing loss!
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Theirs a place in the Korean peninsula that some of you would be more comfortable in. They make you stand and salute. If you don't like freedom LEAVE.
I used to love getting on here and reminding Wide Gut how bad the Ravens are Confusednicker: but I have stopped watched the NFL as well as the NBA. I quit probably around 2013 when the NFL slugged their weight around to pressure Arizona's governor st the time into vetoing a religious freedom bill. Both have slugged their political weight around on both fiscal and social issues.

I love seeing the national anthem protests just because I know this will continue to hurt the NFL'a ratings. I have turned more to semi pro football recently. The anti-PC atmospheee is partially the reason. I will not follow the NFL until they quit trying to slug their weight around on social issues. Which probably won't happen unless they take a big financial hit.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Awwww, they must feel so special.
How hard it must be to be a black man while getting in your bentley and driving to your mansion after a hard day's work of playing a game.

I think most of America is over it. Only celebs, athletes, and the media type like talk show hacks have kept this going. It's time to turn the tv off. I haven't watched an NFL game yet this year and don't plan too. Let's see how they feel when they start losing that money and have to become sanitation engineers.

Amen. I haven't watched a game this year either, and only watched a quarter of the Super Bowl out of boredom. Who needs them.
Stardust Wrote:Jaguars stood arm in arm in unity, but they stood. Many Ravens sat, not even kneeling, which may be an even bigger insult to the flag.

Outcome of the Game, Jaguars destroy Ravens. It had to be Donald Trump that caused the Ravens such an embarrassing loss!

:thatsfunn
catdoggy Wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Theirs a place in the Korean peninsula that some of you would be more comfortable in. They make you stand and salute. If you don't like freedom LEAVE.

No one is forcing them to stand, hence they're kneeling. It may be at their own peril as they are losing viewers. You mention freedom. You should realize most people are offended with these spoiled millionaires because they are disrespecting the flag and those that fought and died for that flag and this country so these guys can protest. I'm all for peaceful protest, just not at the expense of those that fought for that freedom or this great country that allows that freedom. Since you brought up North Korea, you might want to envision what it might be like to peacefully try to protest anything. Thank a solider, thank those that fought and died for your rights and above all, show them the respect they fully deserve. Stand up for this great nation and be respectful for our anthem and flag and what they represent.
Funny thing is they a American flags on the back of their helmets
catdoggy Wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This is not a free speech issue. Unless their employers expressly forbid the players from kneeling during the national anthem, then they are free to do so. However, the kneeling players have no right of freedom from the consequences of their actions.

Liberals consistently ignore the fact that the First Amendment protects American citizens from certain actions taken by the federal government. The federal government has no involvement in this case of certain players behaving like the idiots that they are.
I am against the way they are going about there right to protest but.

What bothers me about this situation is you have a president who is telling people's employers to fire them for not standing during the national anthem but when his time came up he took the coward way out and because his daddy was rich he dodged the war for a heel bruise I believe 5 deferments I don't believe he should be telling other people about there respect for the flag when he wouldn't do it himself needs to just be quiet and the people will decide if they want to watch football or not
vector Wrote:I am against the way they are going about there right to protest but.

What bothers me about this situation is you have a president who is telling people's employers to fire them for not standing during the national anthem but when his time came up he took the coward way out and because his daddy was rich he dodged the war for a heel bruise I believe 5 deferments I don't believe he should be telling other people about there respect for the flag when he wouldn't do it himself needs to just be quiet and the people will decide if they want to watch football or not
He didn't tell anyone to fire anyone. He said "wouldn't you love to see NFL owners say get these ************ off the field now, you're fired". Big difference.
If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!

This is from a draft dodger the Donald

MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
vector Wrote:If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!

So, you choose to deflect rather than debate. Okay then.
vector Wrote:If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!

We aren't standing in respect to Trump. We are standing in respect to flag and country!!

RTS Wrote:So, you choose to deflect rather than debate. Okay then.
This is just vector. Wait till you try to debate the king of duck dodge and deflect!!!
Did anyone see Lesean McCoys's pregame idiocy? It's one thing to kneel during the national anthem, but to stretch while on the ground the entire duration of the song? That is a new level of disrespect and that is crossing over the line that was already crossed.

Disgrace!
vector Wrote:I am against the way they are going about there right to protest but.

I'm with you on this one boy! I know it always grates on me when a draft dodger runs his mouth about patriotism, national defense, and personal sacrifice for one's country. Like say running for President on one's own money and then having won, doing the job of President without any form of pay, even going as far a donating a million dollars to the Harvey relief effort. BTW vector, where and when did you serve?

Let's see: a professed veteran seems to argue that military service is required in order to peacock at length about patriotism, pontificate ad nauseum about national defense. Please. No civilian in America has to stand and pledge allegiance. No civilian has to salute the President. No civilian has to pass some bogus test to comment on matters foreign and domestic. If a man wants to kneel during the national anthem to highlight an issue of conscience, this is America. So be it. If a sports team reaches concensus about staying in the locker room during the national anthem, so be it. This is America. We don't have to like it. We can spout off about it. We can question motives and strategy and argue for boycotts and turned off tv's. What we don't dare do is forget that America is a place where one person, group, or President does NOT get to shut down the voice, the right to protest, the act of conscience, for these are protected by the Constitution, and are sacred to the American experiment.
WideRight05 Wrote:I used to love getting on here and reminding Wide Gut how bad the Ravens are Confusednicker: but I have stopped watched the NFL as well as the NBA. I quit probably around 2013 when the NFL slugged their weight around to pressure Arizona's governor st the time into vetoing a religious freedom bill. Both have slugged their political weight around on both fiscal and social issues.

I love seeing the national anthem protests just because I know this will continue to hurt the NFL'a ratings. I have turned more to semi pro football recently. The anti-PC atmospheee is partially the reason. I will not follow the NFL until they quit trying to slug their weight around on social issues. Which probably won't happen unless they take a big financial hit.

I have never been against the Ravens. Today, even though I didn't watch, im glad they got destroyed. Hopefully they don't win another game this year.
Stardust Wrote:Jaguars stood arm in arm in unity, but they stood. Many Ravens sat, not even kneeling, which may be an even bigger insult to the flag.

Yea, lets go with Donald Trump and not that the Ravens still suck Confusednicker:

Seems they should have worried more about their game then their protesting.

Lets be honest here, ONE YEAR of fans boycotting the NFL, (majority of NFL fans who actually watch each week are middle America/southern white males/veterans) and the owners start to get nervous and ask them to stand.

3 years of boycotting, the NFL either ask them to stand or quits playing the anthem before games.

5 years of boycotting, the revenue drops, tv ads drop, players contracts drop, and the players association decides they will ask all players to stand.

10 year of boycotting the nfl, the guys playing in the nfl are now comparable to the CFL and the players who were good are now working at the GE factory making 14 dollars an hour and wondering how much child support he will owe.

Personally I don't care if they sit. I put this solely on ESPN and the rest of the media hacks who give these disrespectful shits the airtime they don't deserve.

I got a feeling when it comes down to money or social issues, 99% of these guys will drop the "cause" quicker than Kaepernick drops his unemployment check. Only the big names like Lebron, Curry, etc. will continue outside of the sports...

I take it, then, that if the speech or acts of conscience offend portion "X" of the public, and portion "X" be the sizeable majority, that the power of the marketplace should be exerted to punish the person, the people who offend? "Hey, buddy, a bunch of white guys who watch the games and buy the tickets are who put that money in your uppity pocket. Seems like America has no issues with race, you spoiled, uppity millionaire." Or, have I misinterpreted the outrage?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:
Let's see: a professed veteran seems to argue that military service is required in order to peacock at length about patriotism, pontificate ad nauseum about national defense. Please. No civilian in America has to stand and pledge allegiance. No civilian has to salute the President. No civilian has to pass some bogus test to comment on matters foreign and domestic. If a man wants to kneel during the national anthem to highlight an issue of conscience, this is America. So be it. If a sports team reaches concensus about staying in the locker room during the national anthem, so be it. This is America. We don't have to like it. We can spout off about it. We can question motives and strategy and argue for boycotts and turned off tv's. What we don't dare do is forget that America is a place where one person, group, or President does NOT get to shut down the voice, the right to protest, the act of conscience, for these are protected by the Constitution, and are sacred to the American experiment.

And if we're like you, we can refuse to serve our country and then run our mouth about those who do.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/09/2...n-all.html

Here are some interesting exerts from Judge Jeanine's article:

The biggest issue facing our country today is the tip-toeing and political correctness that has brought us to the brink of disaster in national security, politics, and sports. The question now is: do we have the fortitude, courage, and determination to stand up to those who threaten our values?

According to USA Today NFL player arrests are not only disproportionate to the general population, but the violence associated with these arrests is shocking. And I'm not even talking about the homicides.

And Commissioner, instead of taking sides against the national anthem, maybe you ought to think about your stock holders, your investors.
Even though the stock market, thanks to President Trump is at an all-time high, there is one area that is suffering greatly. Companies that broadcast, yes, the NFL games.
They are all down. Do you think that just maybe there is a correlation between the NFL broadcasting stock slump, the NFL TV ratings fall off, as the protests by these Bozos rises? Attendance is down at NFL games.* Sunday night football viewership is down at least 7 percent.
I’m sure you know that, as ESPN has become more political, it has had to lay off employees because of its ratings.

The same liberals who want to protect the constitutional right of people like Colin Kaepernick to symbolically reject America by taking a knee were the ones quick to criticize Tim Tebow for bending a knee to pray and thank God on the field.

All of a sudden football players are lovers of the Constitution and the First Amendment -- you're full of crap. And that includes Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy who called the president a word that I can't say... You want to kneel, sit, or raise your fist during the national anthem, you ought to go kneel in front of a guy who has lost his limbs fighting for you so that you can call the president that!
And don't give me this crap that you guys want to support reform and stand up against social injustice.
You tell me the last time you sat on a jury.
You tell me the last time you joined a school board or fought for laws that help the people you supposedly want to help.
When was the last time you voted? Wrote a letter to your legislator or congressional representative?

MY FAVORITE PART:

You want to convince America that this is about social justice and the Constitution then maybe you ought to get off your ass and do something positive for the country that has allowed you to make a fortune.
America has been incredibly good to you. From the time you displayed talent in sports as a youth America allowed you to shine and become financially prosperous.
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/09/2...n-all.html

Here are some interesting exerts from Judge Jeanine's article:

The biggest issue facing our country today is the tip-toeing and political correctness that has brought us to the brink of disaster in national security, politics, and sports. The question now is: do we have the fortitude, courage, and determination to stand up to those who threaten our values?

According to USA Today NFL player arrests are not only disproportionate to the general population, but the violence associated with these arrests is shocking. And I'm not even talking about the homicides.

And Commissioner, instead of taking sides against the national anthem, maybe you ought to think about your stock holders, your investors.
Even though the stock market, thanks to President Trump is at an all-time high, there is one area that is suffering greatly. Companies that broadcast, yes, the NFL games.
They are all down. Do you think that just maybe there is a correlation between the NFL broadcasting stock slump, the NFL TV ratings fall off, as the protests by these Bozos rises? Attendance is down at NFL games.* Sunday night football viewership is down at least 7 percent.
I’m sure you know that, as ESPN has become more political, it has had to lay off employees because of its ratings.

The same liberals who want to protect the constitutional right of people like Colin Kaepernick to symbolically reject America by taking a knee were the ones quick to criticize Tim Tebow for bending a knee to pray and thank God on the field.

All of a sudden football players are lovers of the Constitution and the First Amendment -- you're full of crap. And that includes Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy who called the president a word that I can't say... You want to kneel, sit, or raise your fist during the national anthem, you ought to go kneel in front of a guy who has lost his limbs fighting for you so that you can call the president that!
And don't give me this crap that you guys want to support reform and stand up against social injustice.
You tell me the last time you sat on a jury.
You tell me the last time you joined a school board or fought for laws that help the people you supposedly want to help.
When was the last time you voted? Wrote a letter to your legislator or congressional representative?

MY FAVORITE PART:

You want to convince America that this is about social justice and the Constitution then maybe you ought to get off your ass and do something positive for the country that has allowed you to make a fortune.
America has been incredibly good to you. From the time you displayed talent in sports as a youth America allowed you to shine and become financially prosperous.

Judge Jeanine is an extremely intelligent person, and a true patriot. I find myself agreeing with her even more than I do Lou Dobbs and certainly more than Stewart Varney, both being two of my favorite main stream media types. Frankly, if we ever did have a female President, I would hope that it would be the esteemed Judge Jeanine. :Thumbs:

Meanwhile, I heard Judge Napolitano this morning sticking up for them using obviously libertarian logic. And it's not that I think they don't have a legal right to show their rears, it's just that such behavior ought not to be tolerated by employers who are at the mercy of John Q. Public in the first place. (the public will eventually make the gutless owners pay for their acquiescing in the matter) The good judge claimed that in spite of the fact that the players' stated grievance against their nation and the sitting President (who is innocent as charged BTW) has been articulated in an abundantly clear fashion, that somehow we still cannot say legally we know what they're actually thinking. Frankly though I do appreciate his intellect, I'm glad he's off the bench. What a load of incoherent mishmash.
TheRealThing Wrote:And if we're like you, we can refuse to serve our country and then run our mouth about those who do.

"Refuse"

There was no draft in my time of eligibility. So now, the standard is "if you did not sign up for the all volunteer army"? How convenient for you. Wrong.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Refuse"

There was no draft in my time of eligibility. So now, the standard is "if you did not sign up for the all volunteer army"? How convenient for you. Wrong.

Nonetheless, your country had need of your service, but because you evidently felt too imposed upon, or came up with another one of your errant but clever rationalizations, that was one call went and remains to this day, unanswered. Just let somebody else do it huh? How convenient for you.

You just feel so compelled to criticize those who did serve though, right? I suppose I would have to ask, on what grounds? But I suppose you must have missed the obvious irony in vector's manifesto. Those who did not themselves serve, criticizing others whom they assume did not serve. See that strikes me as absurd. And I see your obsession to elbow vector out of the way when he has something pending to which he should respond of his own, remains full blown.
⬆ The entire idea that one must enlist in order to have a legitimate voice is ridiculous and self-serving. I have here on BGR addressed atrocities committed in Vietnam. It has been well documented that a certain mindset was pushed in Vietnam from Command that led to war crimes on the part of our forces. Not all forces, but certainly enough to be noteworthy. I also believe that veteran's hospitals should be the very best hospitals in this nation. We often have lips near praise of the veteran but actual policies and practices that do not mirror that public lauding and proclamation. One must not have enlisted to have a voice on either. To suggest otherwise is self-serving and wrong. This latest round of national anthem protests in the NFL were focused as a stand against the "fire the S.O.B." rhetoric of President Trump. Combining the flag and the anthem as a symbol of love of country does not preclude a person or group of people from using that platform to express dissent. To express dissent through symbolic action is just as protected as to express nationalistic fervor through symbolic assent. The United States of America, in its Charter, recognizes both as legitimate speech. Period.
TheRealThing Wrote:I'm with you on this one boy! I know it always grates on me when a draft dodger runs his mouth about patriotism, national defense, and personal sacrifice for one's country. Like say running for President on one's own money and then having won, doing the job of President without any form of pay, even going as far a donating a million dollars to the Harvey relief effort. BTW vector, where and when did you serve?

1. I'm with you on this one boy! I know it always grates on me when a draft dodger runs his mouth about patriotism, national defense, and personal sacrifice for one's country.

Boy! I am glad you agree with me that Donald is a draft dodger and shouldn't be running his mouth about somebody's patriotism.

2. Like say running for President on one's own money and then having won, doing the job of President without any form of pay, even going as far a donating a million dollars to the Harvey relief effort.

Boy! what's that got to do with being a draft dodger?

3. BTW vector, where and when did you serve?

Boy! first I was not old enough when the draft was going on. And if I was and I got the letter to go then yes I would have went. By the way did you volunteer or was you drafted?
And if you was drafted or volunteered you went so you should have more to say about patriotism than a draft dodger.
Like I said I am against not standing for the anthem but the criticism and name calling shouldn't come from a draft dodger he hasn't earned that right.

In my Dads family there was 7 boys 6 of them was drafted and served there country from WW2 to Vietnam the only one who wasn't drafted was the youngest one how they missed him don't know but when they got there letter they went NO DEFRIMENTS NO RICH DADDY NO HEEL BRUISE THEY JUST WENT LIKE EVERY YOUNG BOY DID .

Now anyone who has served in the military drafted or volunteered has EARNED the right to question someone's patriotism NOT the SOB who was a draft dodger.

With all the problems we have
Why would Donald even get involved in this subject?
Was it because he was in Alabama the good old Boy State?
And he knew his fans would give him a loud applause?
Another self inflicted wound from Donald

BOY! THE MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN :biglmao::biglmao:
Pages: 1 2