Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 74 Magoffin County 70 (15th Region)
Magoffin was lucky to get out of their district
Good game Raiders
I'm pulling for you guys
Does anyone pay attention anymore?
About refs
Was a great game .
basketball101 Wrote:Tommy Hall was the best player South Floyd tonight.

Magoffin lead nearly the entire game. Please point out the bad calls?
If you where at the game you seen Tommy Hall stick Magoffin County he knows it and everybody else knows it . It was a great game Magoffin played zone all night still 2 fouls out . That old man should be ashamed of his self .
Doesn't matter what defense you play when you get called on a charge. That was one foul you can't blame on the ref. Jake Collins fouled out thirty feet away from the ball. Brady Conn had four fouls.
basketball101 Wrote:If you where at the game you seen Tommy Hall stick Magoffin County he knows it and everybody else knows it . It was a great game Magoffin played zone all night still 2 fouls out . That old man should be ashamed of his self .

Poor ole Magoffin County. There isn't an official in any region that likes them. Which official caused them to lose to South Floyd back on February 9th?
Broken Play18 Wrote:Doesn't matter what defense you play when you get called on a charge. That was one foul you can't blame on the ref. Jake Collins fouled out thirty feet away from the ball. Brady Conn had four fouls.

Sadly no one knows how to just admit their team wasn't the better team anymore. Its always the refs. It's honestly sad. Both teams played really good. South Floyd just little bit better.
So was it the refs fault coming out of a time out with like 20 seconds to go and Magoffin up 2, NO ONE was within 20 feet of the little guy for South Floyd standing in the corner, they threw him the ball, he looked around, then drained the biggest 3 of his life, yeah refs probably set him a double screen to get open. SMH :HitWall:
What gets me is everyone has said "Super Region was a year too late" because of the self proclaimed "mighty" 57th. Here's to hoping LC can knock the other 57th team out and make the finals one without the district as a whole.

Hats off to South Floyd. Hope Holbrook keeps the magic going and wins the dang thing.
Hats off to South Floyd
14thregionref Wrote:So was it the refs fault coming out of a time out with like 20 seconds to go and Magoffin up 2, NO ONE was within 20 feet of the little guy for South Floyd standing in the corner, they threw him the ball, he looked around, then drained the biggest 3 of his life, yeah refs probably set him a double screen to get open. SMH :HitWall:

His twin hit a game winning shot in a K-5 tourney. Top of the key, two seconds left, nothing but net. Two of the best young men you will ever meet.
Well I do want to also congratulate Magoffin on a great season to. I understand the loss I've been there but I was proud of the left beaver boys. Great game and comeback. I was on the edge of my seat listening to it.
This was the first time I got to see South Floyd play this year and it was the best game I watched all year congratulations SF you boys play a great game
Congrats South Floyd.
All of people are really pulling for South Floyd to see how far they can go! These kids are giving everything they have to make this last season for South floyd special. Congratulations on the tough win! Tough end of the season for Magoffin who I know have to be bitterly disappointed. This was their year for the regional championship. I heard Lovely/Russell combined for 60 points but came up a little short. Congrats on a great season and don't hang your heads!
Hopefully Magoffin County will hire a basketball coach now.