Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd's Henry Webb controlling region again during realignment?
If this is such a great idea, then why isn't all KHSAA board of control members jumping to make this happen in their regions? How much research has the KHSAA done to see what the pros and cons are before implementing. Nothing is being made public how they arrived at this decision, except here is what we're going to do, deal with it. They are leaving it up to one person's opinion on how this will work? Rumors of being strong armed, making deals, and promising all they can to make their idea a reality. No one evidently wants to deal with LCHS. That is the deal breaker. 57th didn't want them to begin with. So, they moved them to 60th and made traveling to district games a nightmare. Pike county doesn't want them, and LCHS shouldn't be in either the 59th or 60th. I don't blame Pike Superintendent not voting to keep LCHS in Pike County. LCHS shouldn't be! What happened to aligning according to geographic proximity? LCHS shouldn't be in 58th. Make LCHS students and parents drive through 57th to 58th for every district game. LCHS needs to be in the 57th and moving MCHS to 58th makes more sense. At the end of the day, or so they say, it's all about the kids.
FrozenColonel Wrote:It may not be "hurting" but it is most definitley helping many of the teams who would not have been in the tourny otherwise. I am a believer in rewarding "accomplshment" not "participation"

This no different then conference tournaments in college basketball. All teams get in, all teams are seeded, winner takes all.
FrozenColonel Wrote:It may not be "hurting" but it is most definitley helping many of the teams who would not have been in the tourny otherwise. I am a believer in rewarding "accomplshment" not "participation"

OK. Well, why don't just the #1-2 regular season district champs advance and #3-4 stay home then? I mean finishing last in your district in the regular season isn't an "accomplishment", so why should you get that opportunity?

My point is that you still have to WIN the regional tourney. And if you are one of the better teams, then you should. If you are scared your team cannot beat someone in the tourney, then your team must not have had many "accomplishments" throughout the season.

This is a very good idea. Something I believe the majority of the regional teams will like. The minority that do not like it will do so for selfish reasons, and hide behind their excuses when they lose.
Thirsty Dog Wrote:If this is such a great idea, then why isn't all KHSAA board of control members jumping to make this happen in their regions? How much research has the KHSAA done to see what the pros and cons are before implementing. Nothing is being made public how they arrived at this decision, except here is what we're going to do, deal with it. They are leaving it up to one person's opinion on how this will work? Rumors of being strong armed, making deals, and promising all they can to make their idea a reality. No one evidently wants to deal with LCHS. That is the deal breaker. 57th didn't want them to begin with. So, they moved them to 60th and made traveling to district games a nightmare. Pike county doesn't want them, and LCHS shouldn't be in either the 59th or 60th. I don't blame Pike Superintendent not voting to keep LCHS in Pike County. LCHS shouldn't be! What happened to aligning according to geographic proximity? LCHS shouldn't be in 58th. Make LCHS students and parents drive through 57th to 58th for every district game. LCHS needs to be in the 57th and moving MCHS to 58th makes more sense. At the end of the day, or so they say, it's all about the kids.

Yeah, because we know that those extra 15-20 miles to Prestonsburg from Paintsville is going to cause a lot of lost sleep for the kiddies. Confusednicker: And it's not like LCHS didn't play the Floyd County teams anyways, right? Confusednicker: The excuses keep rolling on and on. Wonder why Pike County didn't want LCHS? But wait, they wanted LC 3 years ago because their superintendent voted to approve the move......then suddenly no more district titles in the men sports the past 2 seasons......hmmm.....but yeah, it was all about "travel concerns".......Confusednicker: