Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Class 1A Rankings 10/24
Boom
Pikeville played sloppy against paintsville, lost by 2 scores.
Hazard played sloppy against pikeville, lost by a touchdown.
Paintsville beat raceland by a score in overtime with 167 yards in penalties.
The 1A playoffs are going to be nail biters every round starting the third.
Bulldogsfan35 Wrote:Pikeville played sloppy against paintsville, lost by 2 scores.
Hazard played sloppy against pikeville, lost by a touchdown.
Paintsville beat raceland by a score in overtime with 167 yards in penalties.
The 1A playoffs are going to be nail biters every round starting the third.

The second round could get interesting in the Raceland/Paintsville region. Though it probably won't happen, I wouldn't sleep on Bracken or Nicholas County possibly pulling off an upset.
Hazard will get Williamsburgs best shot..
jetpilot Wrote:My logic would be that Pikeville was long ago, with tons of new faces and injuries to boot, and Raceland just lost. Put another way, the Pikeville team you see in the playoffs will be a different animal in November than the 1st of Sept. But the ratings look good.:popcorn:

Oh I totally agree. Just with the poll it would have to go off of past and current wins/losses. Not speculation. I have no doubt Pikeville will be ready and has very much improved
bac2369 Wrote:1 Paintsville
2 Russellville
3 Beechwood
4 Raceland
5 Pikeville
6 Hazard
7 Nicholas
8 KCD
9 Bishop Brossart
9 Williamsburg

What's your thoughts?

move Williamsburg up 2-3 spots.
Redneck Wrote:And Paintsville was 16 penalties for 167 yards away from putting up a running clock against the #4 ranked Rams...

They earned every yard of them and more. Boom.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:They earned every yard of them and more. Boom.

I hope you didn't forget about our bet. I've got a pretty blue Tiger shirt for a certain knockout blonde to wear while she sits next to me in a few weeks.😆
Redneck Wrote:I hope you didn't forget about our bet. I've got a pretty blue Tiger shirt for a certain knockout blonde to wear while she sits next to me in a few weeks.😆
I don't remember anyone accepting the bet. She's too hot for you to handle anyway. Wouldn't want to be held liable for you. Just go ahead and sit by your toothless wonder.
pjdoug Wrote:move Williamsburg up 2-3 spots.

I agree for once with bjdoug :mop:
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I don't remember anyone accepting the bet. She's too hot for you to handle anyway. Wouldn't want to be held liable for you. Just go ahead and sit by your toothless wonder.

I actually remember Woogie offering the bet of the loser wearing the winners shirt and setting on the winners side in playoffs. I did not take the bet (regrettably) however it seems Redneck responded with something to the tune of "if you've got a hot blonde to set with ill take you up on it" like I said I'd have to go back and look but at the same time it doesn't surprise me that woogie would forget something like that! Lol. He was AWEFUL busy talking a LOT of smack!!
Also I do NOT count Pikeville out EVER! I know what their capable of! 2015 OR 2016 Pikeville Panthers is still Pikeville!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I actually remember Woogie offering the bet of the loser wearing the winners shirt and setting on the winners side in playoffs. I did not take the bet (regrettably) however it seems Redneck responded with something to the tune of "if you've got a hot blonde to set with ill take you up on it" like I said I'd have to go back and look but at the same time it doesn't surprise me that woogie would forget something like that! Lol. He was AWEFUL busy talking a LOT of smack!!

And if things go right, we'll all probably be running our jaws again in a few weeks, lol.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:And if things go right, we'll all probably be running our jaws again in a few weeks, lol.

Exactly!! 👍🏻
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Exactly!! 👍🏻

We'll have to leave the blonde out of the equation. She has an air leak and I'm all out of patch kit ! ! ! ! !
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:We'll have to leave the blonde out of the equation. She has an air leak and I'm all out of patch kit ! ! ! ! !

Lol. I don't blame ya!
Actually, AP polls for October 24th, Pikeville jumps over Raceland into that 4 spot, bumping Raceland to 5. Williamsburg making a climb up to 7 as well. Gonna be some dang good playoff games ahead!!!

1. Paintsville
2. Russellville
3. Beechwood
4. Pikeville
5. Raceland
6. Hazard
7. Williamsburg
8. Nicholas County
9. Kentucky Country Day
10.Bishop Brossart
Though i couldnt care less bc this isnt the dumbass computer system the college football world. But idk how Raceland plays Paintsville closer than Pikeville, has a better record, against a comparable schedule if u exclude Belfry, but they jump Raceland in the rankings? Like i said, idc who jumps who, but rankings like this come out every year and it leaves me shaking my head.

Imo, right now teams are too different to really compare until u see them head to head and when its decided by a TD or less it makes it even harder. Raceland was the more consistent team in the Paintsville match up. But Paintsville was more explosive with big plays. Paintsville had the better secondary. The DLs were a draw id give Paintsville a slight bump in the OL when comparing Apples to Apples on what we saw on the field last friday.

IF that rematch happens, its going to come down to coaching. Chirco "out adjusted" Salmons in the second half, which led to the outcome. We shall see what happens in the rematch. No more trash talk for me. Had my fun. I'll leave it to the pros lol.

Imo, Raceland and Paintsville both showed weaknesses that hurt their argument of being on a higher tier than Beechwood or Russellville.

- Regaurdless of how things go on the field, its up to the coach to keep the sidelines in order. Almost 1/3 of the Tigers 167 yards of penalties, came on sideline warnings. Paintsville earned their first couple PFs. Game was very chippy and they had issue keeping their cool. That is Paintsville's biggest issue.

-Raceland has to do a better job of making adjustments in the 2nd half and stop being "extravagantly conservative". Meaning stop with the fancy calls and play football.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Though i couldnt care less bc this isnt the dumbass computer system the college football world. But idk how Raceland plays Paintsville closer than Pikeville, has a better record, against a comparable schedule if u exclude Belfry, but they jump Raceland in the rankings? Like i said, idc who jumps who, but rankings like this come out every year and it leaves me shaking my head.

Imo, right now teams are too different to really compare until u see them head to head and when its decided by a TD or less it makes it even harder. Raceland was the more consistent team in the Paintsville match up. But Paintsville was more explosive with big plays. Paintsville had the better secondary. The DLs were a draw id give Paintsville a slight bump in the OL when comparing Apples to Apples on what we saw on the field last friday.

IF that rematch happens, its going to come down to coaching. Chirco "out adjusted" Salmons in the second half, which led to the outcome. We shall see what happens in the rematch. No more trash talk for me. Had my fun. I'll leave it to the pros lol.

Imo, Raceland and Paintsville both showed weaknesses that hurt their argument of being on a higher tier than Beechwood or Russellville.

- Regaurdless of how things go on the field, its up to the coach to keep the sidelines in order. Almost 1/3 of the Tigers 167 yards of penalties, came on sideline warnings. Paintsville earned their first couple PFs. Game was very chippy and they had issue keeping their cool. That is Paintsville's biggest issue.

-Raceland has to do a better job of making adjustments in the 2nd half and stop being "extravagantly conservative". Meaning stop with the fancy calls and play football.
Well said Ole Buddy ! ! ! !
I will also say, if there are two teams in single A that our as or more physical than the Raceland Rams and Paintsville Tigers (they earned the damn right to be called the right name till they meet again lol), I'll be shocked. One play in particular, well a handfull really, but when Isaac Wallace and the Mike Alstott lookin kid hit each other, it sounded like a cannon going off. That was pure, hard nosed, old school football being played by both teams outside of the couple trick plays from Raceland. I said it before and I will say it again. Id love to see an actual "all-district" game with these two teams best 15 or 20 players on one roster. No wonder surounding schools gripe about the kids these tow tinny tiny itsy bitsy single A schools have.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I will also say, if there are two teams in single A that our as or more physical than the Raceland Rams and Paintsville Tigers (they earned the damn right to be called the right name till they meet again lol), I'll be shocked. One play in particular, well a handfull really, but when Isaac Wallace and the Mike Alstott lookin kid hit each other, it sounded like a cannon going off. That was pure, hard nosed, old school football being played by both teams outside of the couple trick plays from Raceland. I said it before and I will say it again. Id love to see an actual "all-district" game with these two teams best 15 or 20 players on one roster. No wonder surounding schools gripe about the kids these tow tinny tiny itsy bitsy single A schools have.

If your talking about Tyrese Allen, then yes. Kid is a hoss for sure.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland has a better record, against a comparable schedule if u exclude Belfry

I agree with the sentiment of the post, it doesn't add up, but this makes little sense lol.

They either have a better record against a non-comparable schedule or they have the same record against a comparable schedule, if you want to exclude Belfry.
^^^no one in single A has playeda belfry or neone comparable except for pikeville and they got blasted, as would everyone else. So its next to impossible to use sos as a variable of finding their reasoning behind the ap swap.
Got a little bored this morning and looked at how many touchdowns on average per game each team scores.. I did the top 10.

Paintsville is 5.4
Russellville is 6.1
Beechwood is 3.7 ( Not all stats recorded )
Raceland is 5.5
Pikeville is 5.5
Hazard is 5.4
Nicholas is 4.3
KCD is 5.6
BB is 4.5
Williamsburg is 3.4

Interesting numbers.
Average points given up in 9 games for the top 10.

Paintsville 9.55
Russellville 9.22
Beechwood 15.44
Raceland 13.22
Pikeville 18.88
Hazard 18.66
Nicholas 12.44
KCD 26.22
BB 22.88
Williamsburg 22.77
Statistically not a whole lot seperates the top 5. I know its purely by chance, but this year makes the alignment look right, imo. Playoffs will still be water down in places, but the East Bracket wont be totally boring to watch. You are going to have some pretty good regional championship match ups and the semis should be great games as well. In the weak west, things will be like watching paint dry till the semis.
I think there are some possible competitive 2/3 first round games as well. Hard to believe the season is 6 weeks away from being over and done with.
bac2369 Wrote:Average points given up in 9 games for the top 10.

Paintsville 9.55
Russellville 9.22
Beechwood 15.44
Raceland 13.22
Pikeville 18.88
Hazard 18.66
Nicholas 12.44
KCD 26.22
BB 22.88
Williamsburg 22.77

So Beechwood in the top 10 would be ranked 5th Defensively! I'd like to have all their stats offensively to see how much they would come up from 9th!
Russellville appears efficient on both sides of the ball! Pikeville D would show a tad better than 18.88 (points allowed) if you Remove the Belfry game from the mix!. Pikeville D is solid! Very cool to see bac2369! Great job!! :Thumbs:
If Russellville runs up against anyone with a quick and strong DL, like that of BW, Paintsville, Raceland, Pikeville, or Hazard, they will get torched upfront. They have no passing game to respect. All of the mentioned teams have the ability to defend bith in their base defenses with out loading the box or running nickel. Russellville and Nicholas County are, imo, to one demensional.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:If Russellville runs up against anyone with a quick and strong DL, like that of BW, Paintsville, Raceland, Pikeville, or Hazard, they will get torched upfront. They have no passing game to respect. All of the mentioned teams have the ability to defend bith in their base defenses with out loading the box or running nickel. Russellville and Nicholas County are, imo, to one demensional.

Good to hear Scotty. I've not had a chance to see them so I'm totally in the dark with Russellville.