Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian @ Somerset 10/14/16
Somerset sends the home crowd home happy with a SHS win.
Someone on here clarify what I read on a previous post. Dillon Wheatley has to sit this game out due to an ejection in the Middlesboro game? Is this true? Thanks.
long night for the home team
shs74 Wrote:Someone on here clarify what I read on a previous post. Dillon Wheatley has to sit this game out due to an ejection in the Middlesboro game? Is this true? Thanks.

Not true. There were no ejections or fighting during the game. It was a very clean game.
I was told the game before Middlesboro and had to sit 2 games. If so that would be this Friday. It was the big talk at Danville and Somerset fans from both sides encluding coaches
32 will be playing
LCA win by score 42-35
I think someone is confused. LCA had 2 players ejected during the Green County Game. Both on defense. It was not the person you are referring to. Somerset will see a full strength LCA team.
Cobraxx Wrote:I think someone is confused. LCA had 2 players ejected during the Green County Game. Both on defense. It was not the person you are referring to. Somerset will see a full strength LCA team.
Sounds like the grape vine changed a hundred times on the story, but glad you cleared that up. Still taken Somerset by 14 on Home coming
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard is a very good team and not mediocre.. Somerset has played the better schedule and have the Williamsburg game in common.. Somerset could be a 2 loss team instead of 3 but rockcastle made a come back and beat them... I like LCA but they will not win by 3 touchdowns at Somerset.

Based on what? I watched them play and didn't see much to make me think they are a very good team.
WETSU Wrote:Based on what? I watched them play and didn't see much to make me think they are a very good team.

Who did u see them play? Hazard has improved over the season like a team is suppose to do. They are still a young team and there two loss are to solid teams and the one loss it could of went the way without the turnovers.
Somerset is pretty good. Just not LCA good.
Not sold on the greatness of LCA either.. Put up a lot of points but strength of schedule very suspect. Somerset has played some very good teams. I'll take Somerset at home in a close one 35-28..
Very emotional game at Danville for Somerset after a 2 teammates went down. Its hard on young kids to see it and stay focused, but they have to. It was like a balloon got popped that game was closer than the score. Rockcastle game Somerset had so many turnovers that lead to scores. The def can't take blame they started inside the 5 on each turn over and fumbled snap on 3 yrd line to win. My point is they are a good team, but they have to quiet playing like Kentucky and finish games, they're QB has got to make smart decisions. You can't win in that district laying down, or any for that matter. Jumpers by 2 scores
Jumpers by 14
someone from Leslie commenting on LCA schedule is almost comical
Is LCA a contender this year? I know they alway were when they were 1A
LCA beat a top 10 single A team very easily at home in KCD,and destroyed a solid team in Walton Verona on the road this year. I will admit this may not be as impressive as getting beat by two touchdowns by Beachwood and Danville but I guess we will find out in a couple of days
RTL Wrote:someone from Leslie commenting on LCA schedule is almost comical

LCA's combined win loss record of teams played to date is (23-27)
Leslie's Combined win loss record of teams played to date is (24-25) Somerset's combined win loss record of teams played to date is (29-21)

Comical...
:ChairHit:
who is leslie county's best win? Allen Central ? Really ..... Walton Verona or KCD would beat anybody that Leslie has played so please stop with the combined record nonsense, two bad teams who have losing record can change that and not be representative of the total body of work. But in reality the season started last week,Leslie will get to play Danville Somerset or LCA in playoffs so we will see soon enough how tough the mighty eagles are. Hopefully Knott County can get on a roll and knock out a few wins for you
RTL Wrote:who is leslie county's best win? Allen Central ? Really ..... Walton Verona or KCD would beat anybody that Leslie has played so please stop with the combined record nonsense, two bad teams who have losing record can change that and not be representative of the total body of work. But in reality the season started last week,Leslie will get to play Danville Somerset or LCA in playoffs so we will see soon enough how tough the mighty eagles are. Hopefully Knott County can get on a roll and knock out a few wins for you
Go KCC Patriots!
RTL Wrote:who is leslie county's best win? Allen Central ? Really ..... Walton Verona or KCD would beat anybody that Leslie has played so please stop with the combined record nonsense, two bad teams who have losing record can change that and not be representative of the total body of work. But in reality the season started last week,Leslie will get to play Danville Somerset or LCA in playoffs so we will see soon enough how tough the mighty eagles are. Hopefully Knott County can get on a roll and knock out a few wins for you

Or maybe Green co. can get hot and win a few for you. Not bashing your team at all. Just complimenting Somerset on strength of schedule and being at home I picked them..
green co is not very good, Danville played them also and it doesn't make them any less of team. If playing tougher schedule makes you better then Kentucky would be in bowl game every year. Glad you picked them , LCA will show up for their homecoming and hopefully see Leslie county down the road.
If no one has seen LCA play this season in person, They are really that good. Well balance offense and a stout defense. We might just see another 2 Lexington team in the state final. Perhaps 3 if Lex Cath get hot like they did last season. ( Lafayette, LCA and Lex Cath )
RTL Wrote:LCA beat a top 10 single A team very easily at home in KCD,and destroyed a solid team in Walton Verona on the road this year. I will admit this may not be as impressive as getting beat by two touchdowns by Beachwood and Danville but I guess we will find out in a couple of days

Kentucky Country Day and Walton- Verona are mediocre at best cream puffs and that's a fact ,Jack.
pjdoug Wrote:Kentucky Country Day and Walton- Verona are mediocre at best cream puffs and that's a fact ,Jack.

Pjdoug would you like for me to get LCA to call :phone::phone::phone: Coach Chappell.......I didn't think so :lmao: 2017 is right around the corner
I heard from reliable source that LCA going have special assistant coach on sideline Friday night maybe 64 will know for sure
64 will be on sideline. Good Luck to Asst. Coach Todd Crawford and his crew. Somerset is a hard place to play but I think LCA wins in a real tight game.
64SUR Wrote:Pjdoug would you like for me to get LCA to call :phone::phone::phone: Coach Chappell.......I didn't think so :lmao: 2017 is right around the corner

not unless they are going to give a few of their recruits to the Colonels.
FBfan4life Wrote:If no one has seen LCA play this season in person, They are really that good. Well balance offense and a stout defense. We might just see another 2 Lexington team in the state final. Perhaps 3 if Lex Cath get hot like they did last season. ( Lafayette, LCA and Lex Cath )

1 team is most likely.