Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Class 1A Rankings 9/12
64SUR Wrote:2nd half points don't count just 1st half :thatsfunn
Lol
ColtPride Wrote:If Holy Cross is the # 10 team in 1A, then it's pretty weak. We put 54 on them, with a brand new QB, and a running clock, and our JV team playing the fourth quarter.

I have 15 teams in 1A on my chart and Holy Cross is nowhere to be seen on mine....Must be heavy voting out west on Holly Cross. :partyhard
If Raceland keeps winning and so does Paintsville and both are undefeated and Raceland beats them then I have no problem putting them in the # 1 spot.
If the top five doesn't lose a game and Raceland beats Paintsville it doesn't mean Raceland is the #1 team it just shows how over ranked Paintsville is.
1 Paintsville opponents 6-8
2 Russellville opponents 4-12
3 Beechwood opponents 8-4
4 Pikeville opponents 10-5
5 Raceland opponents 6-7
6 Hazard opponents 8-8
7 Nicholas Co opponents 6-6
8 KCD opponents 7-9
8 Williamsburg opponents 11-4
10 Holy Cross opponents 7-9
And Beechwood is 3rd??
I think you guys do a good job for what you got to work with.I mean hell....1-A is weak
RAMDAD50 Wrote:If the top five doesn't lose a game and Raceland beats Paintsville it doesn't mean Raceland is the #1 team it just shows how over ranked Paintsville is.

So I guess if Paintsville wins that means Raceland is overrated?
At number five...how?? Isn't the number five team supposed to learn to number one team
As of right now Russellville should win every game until there last one.
Beechwood has a chance to loses 3 games before the regular season is over
Pikeville will probably loses to Belfry but hazard is the only other team that has a shot to beat them..
Hazard has Pikeville and that's it...
Paintsville has Raceland
Raceland has Paintsville

So teams have a chance to lose....
RAMDAD50 Wrote:At number five...how?? Isn't the number five team supposed to learn to number one team

What are you trying to say?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I think you guys do a good job for what you got to work with.I mean hell....1-A is weak

1A is very Competitive this year in the east. Not sure if you're a RAM fan or not......I'm going to say a hater of 1A teams :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
^^not at all! I just remember the good old days when class a was really competitive
RAMDAD50 Wrote:^^not at all! I just remember the good old days when class a was really competitive

Like last year even!

HAHA

Seriously though, the last two seasons 1A has been pretty darn stout... but this year is the lowest I have seen it in a loooong time.

Mayfield leaving played a huge part, but also Frankfort being down is a really big factor as well.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:^^not at all! I just remember the good old days when class a was really competitive

What year was that so some of us may want to research the old days. I am 56 year old been following football for 43 years. More kids are getting football scholarship now than in the old days.........I think. :pondering:
Back to the four class days.Raceland drew the Beechwood District along with NCC, Erlinger had some good times back then, the Bellevue's. Bardstown was in class A and Danville at a ne time.Hell back then a so so Hazard team would have beat down most of the top 6 in this poll.Has far as kids getting scholarships if you'll check there's probably three times more schools participating in football at the next level now and then there was 20 years ago.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I think you guys do a good job for what you got to work with.I mean hell....1-A is weak

I don't know how you can say 1a is weak. Just look at the games already been played. The top 6-7 1a schools are and can compete with all the other classes.... Excluding the power houses at the top of the other 5 classes the top 1a schools can hold there own.
I didn't say 1 A is weak except for the top six or seven. I said 1-a is weak.There is what??? 34 or 35 teams and 32 make the playoffs?Half have just enough players to field a team.You go from a few good programs to schools who struggle to field a team.YES as a whole class A is weak
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I didn't say 1 A is weak except for the top six or seven. I said 1-a is weak.There is what??? 34 or 35 teams and 32 make the playoffs?Half have just enough players to field a team.You go from a few good programs to schools who struggle to field a team.YES as a whole class A is weak

I understand your point now! However you could make that point for several of the other classes as well. Pburg has like 28 kids similar is Sheldon Clark and then you have 4 and 5 a schools that are getting hammered by 1a schools, which should never happen. That's just high school sports, always going to have a hierarchy of teams in each class.
PHSForever Wrote:Didn't I just say that? I clearly said if Raceland beat Paintsvillr I would move them above my Panthers. And since you clearly have a reading comprehension problem, refer to my previous post as to why I AND MAYBE OTHERS are voting Pikeville ahead of Raceland. Like I said, defending state champs will almost always get the benefit of the doubt. Only way voters won't give them that benefit is if they are just DRAMATICALLY WORSE and in no way deserving of the top spot. I didn't say it was right, I didn't say it was wrong, I just said that's likely why. Maybe if Raceland didn't choke every time they're supposed to be good, they'd get more benefit of the doubt? Maybe people would then be willing to accept a team not having a good week. For what it's worth, I immediately dropped Pikeville out of #1 in my vote when we lost to Paintsville.

Judging 2016 Raceland, all I see is a win over a very down Ashland, a win over an ok Greenup County and that's about it.

Serious question here. If Raceland had lost to Greenup County, would you be agreeable to them dropping, or argue Greenup was tough and they shouldn't drop?

Lol ok genius maybe you should read post before running your dumba$$ what I said was they way they lost to Paintsvlle !!!! Which means they did show without a doubt they are nowhere near the top of 1A .. But to answer your question if Raceland lost to Greenup then they should've dropped a loss is a loss . they didn't lose so that's not a issue.. Here's you a question . When Belfry puts a running clock on pikeville should they drop or are you gonna make more statements like they are the defending state champion so they should get a pass ..
PHSForever Wrote:Didn't I just say that? I clearly said if Raceland beat Paintsvillr I would move them above my Panthers. And since you clearly have a reading comprehension problem, refer to my previous post as to why I AND MAYBE OTHERS are voting Pikeville ahead of Raceland. Like I said, defending state champs will almost always get the benefit of the doubt. Only way voters won't give them that benefit is if they are just DRAMATICALLY WORSE and in no way deserving of the top spot. I didn't say it was right, I didn't say it was wrong, I just said that's likely why. Maybe if Raceland didn't choke every time they're supposed to be good, they'd get more benefit of the doubt? Maybe people would then be willing to accept a team not having a good week. For what it's worth, I immediately dropped Pikeville out of #1 in my vote when we lost to Paintsville.

Judging 2016 Raceland, all I see is a win over a very down Ashland, a win over an ok Greenup County and that's about it.

Serious question here. If Raceland had lost to Greenup County, would you be agreeable to them dropping, or argue Greenup was tough and they shouldn't drop?

Sounds sensible to me! Like PHS said Typically the previous champs WOULD be ranked pre season number 1 unless they graduated like 75% of their starters and had no talent to step in which was not the case!
Look at my post .. I said I have zero problem with pikeville being preseason # 1 but after the way they lost to paintville they showed they are nowhere near the top of 1A
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Lol ok genius maybe you should read post before running your dumba$$ what I said was they way they lost to Paintsvlle !!!! Which means they did show without a doubt they are nowhere near the top of 1A .. But to answer your question if Raceland lost to Greenup then they should've dropped a loss is a loss . they didn't lose so that's not a issue.. Here's you a question . When Belfry puts a running clock on pikeville should they drop or are you gonna make more statements like they are the defending state champion so they should get a pass ..
And the point was that Pikeville DID drop out of #1. Dropped to 4th. Raceland has had NO wins this year that show they should be ahead of Pikeville. I said they had a bad game (and they did, and they dropped out of first like they should), but you are completely missing the point also that Raceland has ZERO wins that elevate them above Pikeville this year yet. IF they beat Paintsville, I have no problem moving them ahead of Pikeville.

To answer your question if Belfry puts a running clock on Pikeville, they will again drop (and should) especially if it is really bad. If they keep it semi competitive, even losing, I don't think I would drop them but maybe a spot and flip them and Raceland. But it won't be unexpected, because Belfry will running clock just about everyone this year, and I guarantee they would running clock Raceland too. So I don't think you really made the point you wanted to. Good try, good effort.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Look at my post .. I said I have zero problem with pikeville being preseason # 1 but after the way they lost to paintville they showed they are nowhere near the top of 1A
And no one is arguing we are #1. You're just trying to argue over Pikeville being ranked over Raceland, that's all. Geesh.
PHSForever Wrote:And the point was that Pikeville DID drop out of #1. Dropped to 4th. Raceland has had NO wins this year that show they should be ahead of Pikeville. I said they had a bad game (and they did, and they dropped out of first like they should), but you are completely missing the point also that Raceland has ZERO wins that elevate them above Pikeville this year yet. IF they beat Paintsville, I have no problem moving them ahead of Pikeville.

To answer your question if Belfry puts a running clock on Pikeville, they will again drop (and should) especially if it is really bad. If they keep it semi competitive, even losing, I don't think I would drop them but maybe a spot and flip them and Raceland. But it won't be unexpected, because Belfry will running clock just about everyone this year, and I guarantee they would running clock Raceland too. So I don't think you really made the point you wanted to. Good try, good effort.

If Pikevile played Racelands scheduel they would have 1 maybe 2 loses so far so to say they have zero wins you show how little you know about football .. Next wasn't trying to make a point about Belfry beating pikeville I would give a zero chance to any 1A team beating them I was just curious to see if you thought pikeville would drop if or actually when Belfry puts a running clock on them . Personally I wouldn't drop a 1A team any if Belfry put a running clock on them . Pikeville would stay number 5
Hot damn its football season on BGR!
I love that every year there is a new "troll-bowl". Technically nobody on this thread is trolling, but I liked the way it sounded. So far, imo, everyone has sucked by expectations standards. Raceland should have put a running clock on West, should have beat Ashland by 3 scores and had a running clock against Greenup, tbh. Trick plays have got to go imo, from the Rams play book. The dbl reverse doesnt bother me. Bit the HB pass needs to go bye bye. But they responded and tcb late in the game.

Russellville hasnt played anyone to tell us how good they are and Beechwood's offense has been underwhelming.

Paintsville thumped Pikeville, but the Panthers lost more upfront than i think anyone thought and Pugh made his OL better. Give Charles time and he will too. But against their one quality opponent, the Tigers, their QB got rattled. Signs of a young team going through typical growing pains. Paintsville on the other hand has thumped everyone so they deserve the number 1 spot. But as Blaze stated. All any of this is for is our entertainment. And boy has it ever been. I was starting to wonder if everyone fell asleep at the wheel.

1A by comparison to the last 3 or 4 years is down. Outside of maybe Raceland (not being biased, stating fact), idk if anyone is as good as they were at that time. I do think that this Raceland team is better than the two regional championship teams and its for two reasons. Depth and killer instinct. Ok...back to your regular scheduled viewing of AFN and PHS fighting like cats and dogs.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I love that every year there is a new "troll-bowl". Technically nobody on this thread is trolling, but I liked the way it sounded. So far, imo, everyone has sucked by expectations standards. Raceland should have put a running clock on West, should have beat Ashland by 3 scores and had a running clock against Greenup, tbh. Trick plays have got to go imo, from the Rams play book. The dbl reverse doesnt bother me. Bit the HB pass needs to go bye bye. But they responded and tcb late in the game.

Russellville hasnt played anyone to tell us how good they are and Beechwood's offense has been underwhelming.

Paintsville thumped Pikeville, but the Panthers lost more upfront than i think anyone thought and Pugh made his OL better. Give Charles time and he will too. But against their one quality opponent, the Tigers, their QB got rattled. Signs of a young team going through typical growing pains. Paintsville on the other hand has thumped everyone so they deserve the number 1 spot. But as Blaze stated. All any of this is for is our entertainment. And boy has it ever been. I was starting to wonder if everyone fell asleep at the wheel.

1A by comparison to the last 3 or 4 years is down. Outside of maybe Raceland (not being biased, stating fact), idk if anyone is as good as they were at that time. I do think that this Raceland team is better than the two regional championship teams and its for two reasons. Depth and killer instinct. Ok...back to your regular scheduled viewing of AFN and PHS fighting like cats and dogs.

I'm still not sold on them being better than the 2013 team. I think the competition was better in 2013. Most everyone we've played, outside of Greenup, is down this year and the only game that was put away before the 4th quarter was East Carter. And Greenup isn't what they are advertised to be. I don't feel that thrashing the Raiders in the first half deems being labeled as having the killer instinct. Time will tell on how good this team really is, but their potential is unlimited. Lots of room for improvement as of now.
This team is much better then the 2013 team.We hand no QB on that team!
I said they have no wins that show them clearly ahead of Pikeville. Ashland is way down, Greenup is solid but not really a noteworthy win, East and West Carter... I mean... Really. Prestonsburg and Letcher would thump either of those teams too (referring to East and West Carter). So where is the signature win that magically shows Raceland is so much better than Pikeville that they should be ranked ahead of them?

This was for AFN, by the way. Forgot to tag his comment in here.