Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Jessamine @ Clay County
Eddie will keep the job if he wants it then someone that doesn't live in Clay County now but from there will take it over. Eagle as landed thinks no one from Clay County knows football. Give me a break.

let's hire someone that lets say lives an hour and a half away. How can that person possibly do what needs to be done to build back a program? HE CAN'T!!!!!!

Stepp, Roark and now Combs......
Maybe old #7 will make a triumphant return to the jungle and save us all. Hey...If you're going to dream...why not dream big!
Wheatfarmer Wrote:Maybe old #7 will make a triumphant return to the jungle and save us all. Hey...If you're going to dream...why not dream big!

I think it would be perfect for somebody like him to come in and set and learn under Eddie for a few years before being given the reigns.
Jacob Hyde, Justin Foster, Todd Massey, Adam Reid, Bryan Samples, Jamie Gilbert would do good. I know the last five are educators, and played at clay. Gilbert, Samples, Massey and Reid have all coached.

Coach Smith is our coach now. Go Tigers!!
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:Jacob Hyde, Justin Foster, Todd Massey, Adam Reid, Bryan Samples, Jamie Gilbert would do good. I know the last five are educators, and played at clay. Gilbert, Samples, Massey and Reid have all coached.

Coach Smith is our coach now. Go Tigers!!

Whatever happened to Samples on the staff there?
TheTigersEye Wrote:I think it would be perfect for somebody like him to come in and set and learn under Eddie for a few years before being given the reigns.

Really? Old #7 is the QB's coach at Morehead State University and you honestly think he would need to sit/coach "under" anyone at the high school level with his college coaching resume. I will just agree to disagree with you on this one. He was a coach on the field when he played at Clay.
Wheatfarmer Wrote:Really? Old #7 is the QB's coach at Morehead State University and you honestly think he would need to sit/coach "under" anyone at the high school level with his college coaching resume. I will just agree to disagree with you on this one. He was a coach on the field when he played at Clay.

That's good because we have found the man for the job right now, if any of these young bucks that want to get into coaching want to see how it's done they need to come watch Ed for a couple years. It would give them boys on the job training. Not knocking some of these guys but Ed has forgot more than most of them know.
TheTigersEye Wrote:That's good because we have found the man for the job right now, if any of these young bucks that want to get into coaching want to see how it's done they need to come watch Ed for a couple years. It would give them boys on the job training. Not knocking some of these guys but Ed has forgot more than most of them know.

I have nothing against Ed and am not doubting his knowledge (present or forgotten) of the game. My memory is pretty bad most days, but I only remember Ed being an assistant under Eugene from 1997-2001. I also think he coached Goose Rock Ele. at one point in time. If he coached anywhere else then I am unaware and am simply curious. Nonetheless...our Tigers and staff have their hands full the rest of this season and I pray that they can get some positive results from the remainder of our games left on the schedule. Positive things can happen despite an L's in the wins column. GO TIGERS!