Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 State Championship Teams
Duck, you are way off. Danville was in 1a until around 08. They were usually the reason Mayfield didn't make it to state. But, when Mayfield remained in 1a and Danville went to 2a, I can assure you that is was by a much, much larger difference than 10 boys. Now, as far as them being able to win 1a all those years they were gone, you are still off base. I believe it was NCC coming out of their side in 2a. Just look how many times 1a, Beechwood beat them during those years. By the way, the new era of Cardinals definitely don't have the mental fix about the Ads that the past Cards did. So, the 1-9 thing is now null and void. If you don't believe it, let the Ads show up.
adopted purple Wrote:This year Highlands and Bowling Green will meet in the semifinals. Game over for the Birds.

Highlands is not going to be very good this year.
UK1fan Wrote:Highlands is not going to be very good this year.

Good. Smile
My question is when has highlands had two bad seasons in a row?
My question is, when can a trip to state semis be considered a bad year?
Jack Lambert Wrote:So who takes care of Boyle and Lex Cath to come out of the region?

To answer that question, Central.... and it does not matter if they loose 20plus players. They are that athletic of a team, as you all found out. Tons of junior that contributed to their team last season.
mysonis55 Wrote:Duck, you are way off. Danville was in 1a until around 08. They were usually the reason Mayfield didn't make it to state. But, when Mayfield remained in 1a and Danville went to 2a, I can assure you that is was by a much, much larger difference than 10 boys. Now, as far as them being able to win 1a all those years they were gone, you are still off base. I believe it was NCC coming out of their side in 2a. Just look how many times 1a, Beechwood beat them during those years. By the way, the new era of Cardinals definitely don't have the mental fix about the Ads that the past Cards did. So, the 1-9 thing is now null and void. If you don't believe it, let the Ads show up.

I don't believe I am. And Danville was 1A up until 6 classes came along which was 07. Danville moves up, Mayfield stays. Go look at the 12/13 , 13/14 male enrollments and the two might be exactly dead even.

I'm a Mayfield fan from a far. I'm merely just throwing out a hypothetical, what if like many topics and opinions that keep this site and others like it up and running.
mysonis55 Wrote:Duck, you are way off. Danville was in 1a until around 08. They were usually the reason Mayfield didn't make it to state. But, when Mayfield remained in 1a and Danville went to 2a, I can assure you that is was by a much, much larger difference than 10 boys. Now, as far as them being able to win 1a all those years they were gone, you are still off base. I believe it was NCC coming out of their side in 2a. Just look how many times 1a, Beechwood beat them during those years. By the way, the new era of Cardinals definitely don't have the mental fix about the Ads that the past Cards did. So, the 1-9 thing is now null and void. If you don't believe it, let the Ads show up.

How many times Beechwood beat who, Danville? In 03 and 04 they played in the finals. Each winning a title in similar fashion.
FBfan4life Wrote:To answer that question, Central.... and it does not matter if they loose 20plus players. They are that athletic of a team, as you all found out. Tons of junior that contributed to their team last season.

You may very well be right but if they get by Boyle and Catholic they'll have to earn it. Time will tell.
I think your comment was that during that time MHS was within 10 kids all that time. Now you point to numbers that were several years after the split. Then of course, you simply discount the obvious. During that time the Ads could not overcome the Breds and that is a team that was consistently getting beat by a team that the Cards were dom8nating. The Ads have had a great run on us in the past but, they would have seen that even out if they had still been playing us.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think your comment was that during that time MHS was within 10 kids all that time. Now you point to numbers that were several years after the split. Then of course, you simply discount the obvious. During that time the Ads could not overcome the Breds and that is a team that was consistently getting beat by a team that the Cards were dom8nating. The Ads have had a great run on us in the past but, they would have seen that even out if they had still been playing us.

I was using those years as an indicator. In 13/14, their enrollments were the same and in 14/15 it was a difference in 15....obviously I was using that as an indicator of the past, which was off. From 09/10 (when Mayfield starting showing up in the 1A finals and/or winning them) up through the 14/15 male enrollments, the average in difference came out to be 41.5. Needless to say, again, I was off there. With that said, except for one year (09/10), they both have been sitting in the "200 and some change" male enrollments....but, I said the average was 10...I own that, I was wrong there. The other side of that coin though is that most would consider that splitting hairs...nonetheless, I was wrong there. Now, from 11/12-14/15, I was little bit more accurate, b/c the average difference in that time between the two was just 19.2

....with all of that said, I think you get my purely hypothetical-what if scenario that I made clear (or attempted to do so) in my original post. Two proud programs, who have as many or more rings than we all have fingers....both with a LONG history against one another in the same class (for most of that time) that spans over three decades (granted, it's a little or a lot one sided--advantage Danville). Six classes come along, one goes low...one goes higher.

As far as your "Simply discount the obvious", Danville has played NCC just ONE time since Mayfield has gone on their run, and that was last year in a game Danville lost by 8 to them in the final minute in the game. The same team that you all did in fact BEAT.