Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 State Championship Teams
In your opinion, how many NEW teams will make it to the title game in 2016 and who do you think they'll be? (These are teams that didn't make it to Bowling Green in 2015)

I say 6..

Russellville
Danville
Boyle Co
Highlands
Trinity
Scott Co

What say you?
Highlands won't make it.
I agree on that one
Does Danville not loose like 20 seniors?
UK1fan Wrote:Highlands won't make it.

Who do you think beats them out?
Goingdeep Wrote:Does Danville not loose like 20 seniors?

They lose quite a few, but, I really like the coaching staff there now and I think you'll start seeing Danville reload every year vs rebuild..
Belfry has won it the last two years and all those kids are now seniors no way they don't bring home the hardware this year
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Belfry has won it the last two years and all those kids are now seniors no way they don't bring home the hardware this year

NEW TEAMS that will make it. Different ones from the teams that made it last season.
Boyle Co will not make it. Too tough of a region for them to come out off.... And before I get bombarded by Rebel fans, Lex Cath will not make it either... OK!
Russellville
Lexington Christian
Central
Wayne County
Southwestern
Trinity
Didn't Central make it last year?
Gitback Coach Wrote:Russellville
Lexington Christian
Central
Wayne County
Southwestern
Trinity

That's a pretty good list.. Surprised no one's mentioned Desales or CAL..
I could see several new teams from the east in 2016 call me homer.

1A- Hazard or Paintsville
2A- LCA or Leslie County
3A- Corbin....I think Corbin has a 49% chances beating BELFRY. :HitWall::HitWall
4A- Wayne County or Knox County
5A- Southwestern...North Laurel
6A- Ryle...100% guessing
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Who do you think beats them out?

Several teams.
Have you all forgotten Mayfield won 2a last year over Desalles and Cal and return a ton of talent or are you just a bunch of homers like i am.Mayfield at least deserved a mention come on guys.:flame:
Disregard read the title wrong sorry its what i get for being such a homer!!!!!!
Someone remind me what is Mayfield's record vs. the Ads? 9-1, I'll take Danville anytime they line up against Mayfield.
ShaneFalco Wrote:Didn't Central make it last year?

No, Lexington Catholic knocked out Central in the regional finals.
Real Badman Wrote:Someone remind me what is Mayfield's record vs. the Ads? 9-1, I'll take Danville anytime they line up against Mayfield.

Danville hasn't been close to Mayfields level since 2009.
To be the man you have to beat the man .. Belfrey and mayfield are the men until someone knocks them off
FBfan4life Wrote:NEW TEAMS that will make it. Different ones from the teams that made it last season.

Different teams same result , this Belfey team has been dominate since they were in middle school. Different year same result
FBfan4life Wrote:Boyle Co will not make it. Too tough of a region for them to come out off.... And before I get bombarded by Rebel fans, Lex Cath will not make it either... OK!

So who takes care of Boyle and Lex Cath to come out of the region?
Gitback Coach Wrote:Russellville
Lexington Christian
Central
Wayne County
Southwestern
Trinity

Didn't Central lose like 25 or so seniors off last years team and most of them starters?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Belfry has won it the last two years and all those kids are now seniors no way they don't bring home the hardware this year

Belfry has won it the last 3yrs------2013,2014,2015 and before that 2003,2004
bac2369 Wrote:Danville hasn't been close to Mayfields level since 2009.

Would you be surprised if Danville beat Mayfield? It's not like NCC was blown out by the Cardinals.

Then again, Mayfield needs to run the gauntlet of CAL, Murray, DeSales, and the rest of the west. Clear sailing for the Ads.
Real Badman Wrote:Would you be surprised if Danville beat Mayfield? It's not like NCC was blown out by the Cardinals.

Then again, Mayfield needs to run the gauntlet of CAL, Murray, DeSales, and the rest of the west. Clear sailing for the Ads.

No. Because last year is one of best teams Danville has fielded since probably 06. Mayfield will
Have to beat some of the better 2A next year but if Danville is to make it to state they will have there own gauntlet to run.
Real Badman Wrote:Would you be surprised if Danville beat Mayfield? It's not like NCC was blown out by the Cardinals.

Teams that make it to the championship shouldn't get blown out. They didn't win 4 straight playoff games by being a bad team.. Occasionally, there will be blowouts, but, in most of those situations, it's where one team implodes with 3 or 4 turnovers and the other takes advantage of it and it ends up being one-sided.. Typically, when the turnovers and penalties are relatively even, the game is fairly close..
Fellas, I don't mean to rain on this parade of a thread. But, we could all likely take the same 20 teams across all classes..... put them against the field & we'd be batting .800-.900 now and for the next 20 years in regards to who is playing for all the marbles.

....a lot of programs across the state need drastic changes in their feeder programs and off season programs (insert saracasm here for those who couldn't pick it up).

I must add, though that Mayfield is only something like 1-9 vs. Danville......a record that spans over three decades (80's, 90's and 2000's).

Granted, this is all a "what if", but Mayfield/Danville are two schools that aren't separated by more than 10 total male students (if that) on average the last several years. One has been 1A up until this past year (Mayfield), the other was stuck in 2A all along (Danville)...a case of one being the biggest in their class, the other the smallest (or one of the smallest). Had the two schools switched classes/locations, who is to say the end results wouldn't be the same....especially considering the past head to head history b/t the two (all of which have been semifinal and/or state final games)?
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Who do you think beats them out?

This year Highlands and Bowling Green will meet in the semifinals. Game over for the Birds.