Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcum Steps down at Clay, whose next?
Heard they were going after John Noble from Buckhorn. Grey will be his assistant.
I would be surprised.
So would I. And I agree totally with TigersEye, pencil in Clay for no more than one 'lean' year, which will still be 20 wins or so, just maybe not one of the serious contenders to win the region, then right back to normal, because they have a potentially great group coming. Freshmen can make a difference, look at what Ramey meant to South once Davis had enough sense to finally get him in the lineup. Of course, he did have some really good older players to mix with, a luxury this group won't have, but I say give them next year to get acclimated to high school ball, then look out.
The_Rock Wrote:Heard they were going after John Noble from Buckhorn. Grey will be his assistant.
That would be a good hire but don't see it happening. I am surprised we haven't seen his name thrown out there more for some of these open jobs.
Still hard to believe a coach was forced out after that kind of success
Who's the next coach?
Glenn Gray has officially been hired
Glenn is IN! We just went ahead and booked our rooms in Lexington through the Sweet 16.
Van Hagar Wrote:So would I. And I agree totally with TigersEye, pencil in Clay for no more than one 'lean' year, which will still be 20 wins or so, just maybe not one of the serious contenders to win the region, then right back to normal, because they have a potentially great group coming. Freshmen can make a difference, look at what Ramey meant to South once Davis had enough sense to finally get him in the lineup. Of course, he did have some really good older players to mix with, a luxury this group won't have, but I say give them next year to get acclimated to high school ball, then look out.
Had enough sense. First off, everybody including davis knew who the better basketball player was before season ever started. Problem with that is the better basketball player hadnt earned anything yet. two things had to happen before the ramey kid was gonna start. 1st is he was gonna have to earn what he got. 2nd. the sr had to come to accept it too. if not you start issues on the team. Davis to me handled it the best way for his team. Seemed to work out well for both kids and the team.
What a shocker in clay co......Glenn Gray is named coach......after the big write up in the paper about all the other big name coaches being interested....they still go with Gray....I'm calling the write up about the other coaches being interested a cover story for the politics.
Very good points. Plus, the senior who took over as sixth man seemed to accept the role in a very mature, team-first way. I remember Davis bragged on him at a press conference in the state tournament.
cchsfan4life Wrote:What a shocker in clay co......Glenn Gray is named coach......after the big write up in the paper about all the other big name coaches being interested....they still go with Gray....I'm calling the write up about the other coaches being interested a cover story for the politics.

Come on man, you haven't been a fan 4 life if you don't know how things work around here. We usually don't even interview candidates for coaching jobs when they come open. Ole Tigers Eye is correctamundo on another one! I had Double G pegged as the next coach from Day 1.
I am not even from clay and have known for over a year gray was the coach. It would have happened last year if sexton would have took over as super a little sooner.
So Glenn took over and allowing players who play football to practice on the day of a scrimmage. (DURING FOOTBALL SEASON) On top of that, it was the super's son.

Please, tell me you guys have a problem with this??
CCFOOTBALL1 Wrote:So Glenn took over and allowing players who play football to practice on the day of a scrimmage. (DURING FOOTBALL SEASON) On top of that, it was the super's son.

Please, tell me you guys have a problem with this??

This will make it very hard, if not impossible to hire a coach. What would have happened if the kid had went to weight lifting on a basketball game day.
This was worst kept secret in years. Has been in the works for a while.