Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Johnson Central (01/16/07)
Blackcat80 Wrote:Well I am curious to see the Slone-McCarty SHOWDOWN 1...i think these two meeting will settle the best player in the region talk.

This game won't settle that debate. It will be a great game though. 2 more days!!!
Both clubs have excellent players who will play at the next level. I predict with all the fanfare of the " stars" for either team, the winner will be the team that gets a break out game from one of the lesser known players in the lineup. The winner will be that team that has a strong supprting cast. Look for one of the lesser known names to be the difference in the game.
Despite the fact that Johnson Central is struggling this season this will be a great game, or at least it should be. Either way Paintsville should and will win.
Paintsville by 10+
JC is rly struggling thus far during the season
Jc
Blackcat80 Wrote:Well I am curious to see the Slone-McCarty SHOWDOWN 1...i think these two meeting will settle the best player in the region talk.

It may settle te talk about who is better between the two, but neither one of them is the best player in the region...
kyr450 Wrote:It may settle te talk about who is better between the two, but neither one of them is the best player in the region...

Then who is?
JC-63
P'ville-57
Paintsville in this one.. But not a blowout.. it will be close..
I think it will be a ver close game...JCHS 64-PHS 60
PAINTSVILLE = To Mutch For JCHS To Handle!!!!!

This game doesn't settle anything because the two won't be gaurdin eachother.
kyr450 Wrote:It may settle te talk about who is better between the two, but neither one of them is the best player in the region...

Enlighten us kyr450. Who do you think the best player in the region is?

so.. who's the best player in the region?
Judging by kyr's posts, I believe he'd have to say that the Case kid from Belfry is the best in the 15th.
Paintsville has to many weapons for JC to handle. Paintsville usually plays good against JC, so I will say Tigers by 15+
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville has to many weapons for JC to handle. Paintsville usually plays good against JC, so I will say Tigers by 15+

Good summary! Even more so if the Tigers play some D and shut McCarty down. Unfortunately for JC, they can't just key on any one player on the Tiger squad. That is the difference in this game. If JC puts too many people on Slone they will see what happens! The Tigers are fairly deep. But shut McCarty down and the Eagles usually lose!
If Paintsville even has a DECENT night shootin, JC is in for a world of hurt.
Pupaw Wrote:Judging by kyr's posts, I believe he'd have to say that the Case kid from Belfry is the best in the 15th.

I anticipated that response...
Redneck Wrote:This game doesn't settle anything because the two won't be gaurdin eachother.

I totally agree, the team that decides to play defense will win. I expect a strong showing from both teams to start the game. However in the end I think P-ville is just too strong for my Eagles. I think if McCarty gets everyone involved JC will have a shot but, if McCarty shoots his arm off they get blown out IMO.
Jamie Case is the best player in the region...
kyr450 Wrote:Jamie Case is the best player in the region...

:lmao:
Anyone have the score of the Paintsville game from Saturday against Spring Valley?
eaglehoops Wrote:I totally agree, the team that decides to play defense will win. I expect a strong showing from both teams to start the game. However in the end I think P-ville is just too strong for my Eagles. I think if McCarty gets everyone involved JC will have a shot but, if McCarty shoots his arm off they get blown out IMO.

Now you know good and well in a game like this McCarty is gonna try to do it all himself on the offensive side. All I gotta say is Ian Welch, better be ready to rebound on both sides of the court.
Redneck Wrote:Now you know good and well in a game like this McCarty is gonna try to do it all himself on the offensive side. All I gotta say is Ian Welch, better be ready to rebound on both sides of the court.

In all honesty, JC has to have McCarty to score 30 plus to have a chance of winning. Look at the games they have won and you will see he has averaged 30 plus actually, probably, closer to 35 a game. In their losses, McCarty averaged maybe 20 a game. So, like it not, the JC team has to have McCarty do some scoring but he needs to do in the flow of the ballgame and not just force shots. I think Crum is a big key on this team down the stretch, I know he plays point guard, but he really needs to step up and get about at least 10 a game. He needs to hit some outside shots.
Crum hasn't really been the impact I thought he would. Nice player that needs to step up tonight.
tigers by 10
Unbiased Wrote:In all honesty, JC has to have McCarty to score 30 plus to have a chance of winning. Look at the games they have won and you will see he has averaged 30 plus actually, probably, closer to 35 a game. In their losses, McCarty averaged maybe 20 a game. So, like it not, the JC team has to have McCarty do some scoring but he needs to do in the flow of the ballgame and not just force shots. I think Crum is a big key on this team down the stretch, I know he plays point guard, but he really needs to step up and get about at least 10 a game. He needs to hit some outside shots.

Very intelligent statement.
Paintsville will win
JC by 10.