Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs. Johnson Central (01/16/07)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This will be without a doubt one of the biggest games of the year for the Eagles. The Eagles are in need of a win in this all important District matchup!!! The Eagles pulled out a hard fought win against a tough Allen Central team and I think this positive outcome will carry over to next Tuesday nights game against the Tigers.I can't wait to see how the Eagles will handle Landon Slone and Shane Grimm along with their latest addition to a already loaded team (Van Ferguson)!! The Eagles have lost some close games, but I think the tide is about to turn.I'll pick my battle tested Eagles in a big win over the Tigers.

EAGLES-67
TIGERS- 62

What are your thoughts on this BIG District Game?
On a "Jamie McCarty" night, JC can play with anyone. But the Tigers are too balanced with too much depth this year to lose to JC. IF McCarty has one of his nights and IF the Tigers play one of their mediocre games (ie. Sheldon Clark), it will be close. Otherwise, look for a blowout. Either way, Paintsville should win.
Battle tested Eagles?? Paintsville has played just as many tough teams than JC. They did win 2 of 3 in Florida and also 2 of 3 in their own tourney(also, beat the eventual tournament champ), but did lose to Bryan Station and someone else which caused them to go 0-2 to start...so I'd say they are pretty tested too. I think with McCarty back to full health it'll turn into the one man show deal with him scoring the majority of the team's points. If Paintsville can stop him then they should win with ease, but if not then it'll be close til the final buzzer. I'm gonna go with PHS by about 12.
Paintsville lost to Henry Clay as well as Bryan Station to start off 0-2. Will be a great game. The Slone vs. McCarty matchup will be a key in this game. I think the Tigers had better watch out for the Welch kid down low because all of their flopping and not holding ground will just cost them easy baskets. I feel that though the boys in black won tonight, I still think they are a little ways away from being able to defeat the Tigers. Hope I'm wrong though.

PHS-77
JC-70
Go Tigers!
Always a great surroundings and great feel. If you have never been to one, you need to. Both teams always bring out the best in each other! Gotta go with the Tigers though.
Tigers!
Goin' with the Tigers on this one!
GO BLUE!
Wont be able to be in attendance at this one which makes me mad, but I love the environment and the atmosphere is outstanding. Im going to go with Paintsville by 14 points in this game. Should be a good one though.
I think Paintsville will win this one.
PHS 85
JC-70
JC will have to bring their "A" game if they are to stand a chance of winning this one. If Paintsville brings their "A" game they should win by 20+ if they bring their "B" game they they should still win by about 10 points.
I am going to take Paintville by 20+, JC wont be able to stop Slone, Grimm, Vanhoose, and Van unless all they do is shoot 3's all night.
Buckeyex7x Wrote:I am going to take Paintville by 20+, JC wont be able to stop Slone, Grimm, Vanhoose, and Van unless all they do is shoot 3's all night.

Lets hope that BMR makes sure that they don't!! A few are good, but you can't live by them.
Good Luck to all. I'll be pulling for the Tigers & I'm calling for a "radio" session @ the Girls All "A".... or for WYMT to do a "live" telecast!
I say McCarty comes out and lights up the Tigers for 35 on the way to an Eagles victory in OT.

Johnson Central 84
Paintsville 80
Paintsville double digits
Paintsville by 10+
Jc
Paintsville by 10 if McCarty is hot, and 20+ if he isn't.
PHS-87
JC-55
Go Tigers
EKY Sportster Wrote:Paintsville by 10 if McCarty is hot, and 20+ if he isn't.

I agree
Paintsville- 84
Johnson Central- 70
Paintsville by 8, but if they put out another great effort and make it two in a row!! If they do that...PHS by 20+!
Tigers will hold the Eagles to less than 60 points and will score more than 70 points.

Go Tigers.
jc by 2 i hope
The Governor Wrote:Tigers will hold the Eagles to less than 60 points and will score more than 70 points.

The Tigers can not play defense good enough to hold the Eagles to less than 60!!! I'm looking foward to this game.McCarty will score as many as he wants and Spud will run wild with one great play after another along with Ian Welch pulling down 15 boards.The Tigers will leave like their counterparts did tonight. "WITH THEIR TAILS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS"!!!!!!!!! :Thumbs:
maxhornet Wrote:jc by 2 i hope

:rockon: :rockon:
cardsfan Wrote:The Tigers can not play defense good enough to hold the Eagles to less than 60!!! I'm looking foward to this game.McCarty will score as many as he wants and Spud will run wild with one great play after another along with Ian Welch pulling down 15 boards.The Tigers will leave like their counterparts did tonight. "WITH THEIR TAILS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS"!!!!!!!!! :Thumbs:

Well, that is an interesting statement. From what I have read and seen, however, they [Paintsville] could hold McCarty under 60 points and that would hold the Eagles under 60 points.

But, I'll just agree to disagree on this one, and go from there. I will say though, with the speed and quickness of the Tigers, if they want to play defense, then they certainly can.

Should be a great atmosphere, nonetheless.

Go Tigers.
Paintsville by 16
Well I am curious to see the Slone-McCarty SHOWDOWN 1...i think these two meeting will settle the best player in the region talk.
Pages: 1 2 3