Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Mountain Football Teams for 2016
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County Colonels!

[Image: http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2...90x330.jpg]
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Rockcastle will crack into the top 10 this year. This team was a totally different team at the end the year and had a really good Wayne county on the ropes in the playoffs, but end up a giving them the game. They return all 11 starters on both sides of the ball.

I agree. They were much improved this year and should be even better next season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[Image: http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2...90x330.jpg]

They give me a headache too Confusednicker:
Completely random and I know losing Matney to Johnson Central was the biggest reason, but what ever happened to Sheldon Clark? They still had a few good years after he left them. Did the talent pool over in Inez get depleted? I'm not too familiar with everything in the far east. I just always remembered The Cardinals being in the Mountain top 5 (10) until about 5 or 6 years ago. Coaches definitely matter, but you'd think they could still get some players out. Is there a lot of mining over that way and if so, have they shut down or jobs been cut? I know the Harlan County schools back in the day would be often be good or bad based on jobs in the county moving families in or out.

I was just reading this thread and got to thinking about SC.
HAROLD Wrote:Completely random and I know losing Matney to Johnson Central was the biggest reason, but what ever happened to Sheldon Clark? They still had a few good years after he left them. Did the talent pool over in Inez get depleted? I'm not too familiar with everything in the far east. I just always remembered The Cardinals being in the Mountain top 5 (10) until about 5 or 6 years ago. Coaches definitely matter, but you'd think they could still get some players out. Is there a lot of mining over that way and if so, have they shut down or jobs been cut? I know the Harlan County schools back in the day would be often be good or bad based on jobs in the county moving families in or out.

I was just reading this thread and got to thinking about SC.

1 word COAL
Everything to do with coal is down.
South laurel should hire mills
fence jumper Wrote:South laurel should hire mills

if he will go there.