Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2016
Corbin has spent the last 33 years chasing that elusive next championship. During those 33 years they have wasted more talent from other schools than any team in the state. They have also wasted more of there on talent than any school in the state. Ironically, the last championship team in 82 was lead by QB Greg Duncum, from Harlan Co.
footballfever Wrote:Corbin has spent the last 33 years chasing that elusive next championship. During those 33 years they have wasted more talent from other schools than any team in the state. They have also wasted more of there on talent than any school in the state. Ironically, the last championship team in 82 was lead by QB Greg Duncum, from Harlan Co.

:biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
footballfever Wrote:Corbin has spent the last 33 years chasing that elusive next championship. During those 33 years they have wasted more talent from other schools than any team in the state. They have also wasted more of there on talent than any school in the state. Ironically, the last championship team in 82 was lead by QB Greg Duncum, from Harlan Co.

a lot of their talent came from southern Whitley County so they dont need to run that trap too much Confusednicker:
Heard today that Williamsburg might be getting a new player... Any truth to this?? They said he played for Knox last year....
I sure hope it is true!!! I sure like winning Region Titles and spending weekends in Bowling Green, Ky. I'm telling you all we are set up in the next 2 years to do it again!!!
baller1989 Wrote:I sure hope it is true!!! I sure like winning Region Titles and spending weekends in Bowling Green, Ky. I'm telling you all we are set up in the next 2 years to do it again!!!

Sounds pretty good then. Hazard should be in the same boat as well as Pikeville being in good shape.
HardToBeat Wrote:Heard today that Williamsburg might be getting a new player... Any truth to this?? They said he played for Knox last year....

Looks like Hard to Find is alive! Where have you been :dump:? Confusednicker:I thought you had kicked the bucket. I told everyone early last season on this site that you would be hard to find by the middle of the football season, boy I called that one first post since last Sept. "Silence is the heart of a disappointed critic"
HardToBeat Wrote:Heard today that Williamsburg might be getting a new player... Any truth to this?? They said he played for Knox last year....

:welcome: back to Williamsburg :pondering:
Need all the help we can get.
64SUR Wrote::welcome: back to Williamsburg :pondering:
:gtfo: and stay out
pjdoug Wrote::gtfo: and stay out

I still have a contract for 2 years and a signing bonus for 4 more years. Pjdoug and stay away from the QB. :please:
64SUR Wrote:I still have a contract for 2 years and a signing bonus for 4 more years. Pjdoug and stay away from the QB. :please:

Hit the road JackConfusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Hit the road JackConfusednicker:

I'm not Jack. :biglmao:
heard the boys are working hard in the weight room!!! have some playing multi sports and still getting their weightlifting in!! They seem committed!!!
baller1989 Wrote:heard the boys are working hard in the weight room!!! have some playing multi sports and still getting their weightlifting in!! They seem committed!!!

Heard they had a good spring, the young kids I watched are coming along...I still think Wburg is 2 years away...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I find this post pretty ironic considering the fact that Corbin is the only team in the tri county to ever win a state championship. Williamsburg assembled and wasted as much talent as anybody in the tri county area during 2014 and 2015. At the end of the day talent isn't everything. It is the most important thing, but you have to have great coaching too. That being said I pull for Williamsburg. I hope the win a state title in the near future.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I find this post pretty ironic considering the fact that Corbin is the only team in the tri county to ever win a state championship. Williamsburg assembled and wasted as much talent as anybody in the tri county area during 2014 and 2015. At the end of the day talent isn't everything. It is the most important thing, but you have to have great coaching too. That being said I pull for Williamsburg. I hope the win a state title in the near future.
So you think in 2014 and 2015 Williamsburg had more talent than Mayfield....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:So you think in 2014 and 2015 Williamsburg had more talent than Mayfield....

2013 and 2014 they didn't but 2014 showed it unlike 2013.
OldJacket Wrote:So you think in 2014 and 2015 Williamsburg had more talent than Mayfield....

I misspoke about 14 and 15. I meant 13 and 14. That being said I do think Williamsburg had more talent in 2014. I think they we're pretty close in talent in 2013. I watched both games because I was pulling for Williamsburg. In 2013 the stage and weather got into williamsburg's head imho. In 2014 I think they just had a little bad luck and got out coached a little. My point is that as a Williamsburg fan you should know just how "elusive" a state title is.
[quote=Single Wing 77]I misspoke about 14 and 15. I meant 13 and 14. That being said I do think Williamsburg had more talent in 2014. I think they we're pretty close in talent in 2013. I watched both games because I was pulling for Williamsburg. In 2013 the stage and weather got into williamsburg's head imho. In 2014 I think they just had a little bad luck and got out coached a little. My point is that as a Williamsburg fan you should know just how "elusive" a state title is.[/QUOTE

Understand and agree with what you said, but I don't think we got out coached in 2014, maybe in 2013...Mayfield was the best team on that day, to go undefeated and go down in OT to a Mayfield team that is dominating Class AA football now is not wasting talent IMO...If Mayfield had moved up a year sooner there's no question in my mind Wburg would have won one...But if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas...
Williamsburg will be back in the mix in 2 years and Corbin will have a chance to win another one in 2 years...If Gut and Pj get things straightened out at Whitley Co maybe we will have 3 teams in the mix to make it to Bowling Green...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:[quote=Single Wing 77]I misspoke about 14 and 15. I meant 13 and 14. That being said I do think Williamsburg had more talent in 2014. I think they we're pretty close in talent in 2013. I watched both games because I was pulling for Williamsburg. In 2013 the stage and weather got into williamsburg's head imho. In 2014 I think they just had a little bad luck and got out coached a little. My point is that as a Williamsburg fan you should know just how "elusive" a state title is.[/QUOTE

Understand and agree with what you said, but I don't think we got out coached in 2014, maybe in 2013...Mayfield was the best team on that day, to go undefeated and go down in OT to a Mayfield team that is dominating Class AA football now is not wasting talent IMO...If Mayfield had moved up a year sooner there's no question in my mind Wburg would have won one...But if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas...
Williamsburg will be back in the mix in 2 years and Corbin will have a chance to win another one in 2 years...If Gut and Pj get things straightened out at Whitley Co maybe we will have 3 teams in the mix to make it to Bowling Green...

The biggest difference in the 2014 and 2015 State Championship game was not Williamsburg but Mayfield who had graduated 18 seniors from the 2014 State Championship Team and basically was in a rebuilding year. The 2014 senior class lost a 4 year starting quarterback, a 1400 rusher and a 1000 yard receiver and about 70% of their offensive and defensive line.
Williamsburg added Fred Massey and Skylar Griffith (who did not play in the 2014 Championship game due to a injury against Raceland). In 2015 I think Williamsburg had a great opportunity to win a state championship and should have against a young Mayfield team. In comparing the 2014 and 2015 Williamsburg teams the 2 best opponents came in 2013-2014 year as they played a undefeated Wayne County team (14-1) that lost 3-0 to Belfry in the 3A state championship game after dropping a td pass and North Laurel whom was beaten by State Champion Pulaski and Damien Harris Madison Southern before injuries took a toll in the playoffs.
Going to be a rough season on a very young Williamsburg team in 2016 very tough schedule this year for a rebuilding team. Going to do my best to watched a couple of game this year. Good luck this season. :Cheerlead
OldJacket Wrote:[quote=Single Wing 77]I misspoke about 14 and 15. I meant 13 and 14. That being said I do think Williamsburg had more talent in 2014. I think they we're pretty close in talent in 2013. I watched both games because I was pulling for Williamsburg. In 2013 the stage and weather got into williamsburg's head imho. In 2014 I think they just had a little bad luck and got out coached a little. My point is that as a Williamsburg fan you should know just how "elusive" a state title is.[/QUOTE

:Thumbs:
Going to make me a run down to Williamsburg and checked in on Jackets football. I feel pretty good about Williamsburg passing game. Update later.:popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Going to make me a run down to Williamsburg and checked in on Jackets football. I feel pretty good about Williamsburg passing game. Update later.:popcorn:

Who is the QB?
Would not be surprised if Fr. Dalton Ponder is the starter by the season opener...Poore and Bowen are in the mix, but Ponder is going to be a good one...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heard some good news and some bad news. Good news nobody can complain about Williamsburg schedule. Bad news tough schedule. Hope I can make it to a game this year. Go Williamsburg :Cheerlead
cherokee Wrote:[quote=OldJacket]

The biggest difference in the 2014 and 2015 State Championship game was not Williamsburg but Mayfield who had graduated 18 seniors from the 2014 State Championship Team and basically was in a rebuilding year. The 2014 senior class lost a 4 year starting quarterback, a 1400 rusher and a 1000 yard receiver and about 70% of their offensive and defensive line.
Williamsburg added Fred Massey and Skylar Griffith (who did not play in the 2014 Championship game due to a injury against Raceland). In 2015 I think Williamsburg had a great opportunity to win a state championship and should have against a young Mayfield team. In comparing the 2014 and 2015 Williamsburg teams the 2 best opponents came in 2013-2014 year as they played a undefeated Wayne County team (14-1) that lost 3-0 to Belfry in the 3A state championship game after dropping a td pass and North Laurel whom was beaten by State Champion Pulaski and Damien Harris Madison Southern before injuries took a toll in the playoffs.
2013 and 2014. 2015 Single A champions were Pikeville.
Just wondering if anyone knows anymore about how the Burg is shaping up this summer? I know it is dead period now, but looking for any scoop?
baller1989 Wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows anymore about how the Burg is shaping up this summer? I know it is dead period now, but looking for any scoop?

crazy!!! 8 post about the 2 time state runners up and 29 posts on McCreary County Football & 80 post of Whitley County Football.. McCreary and the Colonels will never be relevant and the Orange Jackets will be a contender the next 2 years and only get 8 posts??? Doesn't make sense?

according to your post 2 years ago they should be contenders again this year