Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2016
hadn't seen a thread yet, what do you all think?
I hope I'm wrong but I think it will be a rough year 2016....jmo :insane:
I'm not sure how it will go? Playing similar schedule for sure can't be good on this team? But the young kids got more experience this year.
Got to replace some kids up front. Husky is a big loss.
Realistically speaking, there was a big drop off this year and I expect another big drop off this year. Anything .500 or better would be a good year for them.
there was a big drop off but it is still Williamsburg Football. The Jackets have some good football players coming up. We may be a year away, but we will be the team that no one wants to play next year cause you should beat us, but when you don't it looks bad on your program. All due respect to all past teams @ Williamsburg, Life goes on at that program. There are still some pretty good football yet to be played in that program. We were winning before and will continue too. A good coaching staff w/ a good feeder program bodes well for the Orange Jackets.
rumor flying about Herron leaving for Bell??? Course Bell will be after everyone and this will be a long drawn out story, but would Herron leave his alma matar?
baller1989 Wrote:rumor flying about Herron leaving for Bell??? Course Bell will be after everyone and this will be a long drawn out story, but would Herron leave his alma matar?

Anything can happen but my money is on Coach Herron staying at Wburg...As you have said, he has a good group of underclassmen coming back and in two years they will be pretty good...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't see Herron leaving. He has no pressure at Williamsburg. Bell is going to be a tough job. Big expectations there. Bell has a big graduating class. Williamsburg has some good kids coming up and should be fairly good year after next. He has to get his quarterback spot figured out early. Will be a three way fight for the position. Couple of good kids looking at playing elsewhere next year.
crazy!!! 8 post about the 2 time state runners up and 29 posts on McCreary County Football & 80 post of Whitley County Football.. McCreary and the Colonels will never be relevant and the Orange Jackets will be a contender the next 2 years and only get 8 posts??? Doesn't make sense?
Senior class is a little slim next year. Schedule is tough. Harlan and Pineville will both have good teams. Jackets are a year away.
baller1989 Wrote:crazy!!! 8 post about the 2 time state runners up and 29 posts on McCreary County Football & 80 post of Whitley County Football.. McCreary and the Colonels will never be relevant and the Orange Jackets will be a contender the next 2 years and only get 8 posts??? Doesn't make sense?

In what terms do you mean a contender? Will the Burg win District, Region, or compete for a State Title? I agree with a previous poster the talent level has dropped and I see another drop off this year. .500 seasons the next few years should be considered an achievement.
I see a lot of growing pain this year with a tough schedule. :popcorn:
I see 5-6 wins for Wburg in 2016, things should improve in 2017...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baller1989 Wrote:crazy!!! 8 post about the 2 time state runners up and 29 posts on McCreary County Football & 80 post of Whitley County Football.. McCreary and the Colonels will never be relevant and the Orange Jackets will be a contender the next 2 years and only get 8 posts??? Doesn't make sense?

Williamsburg after having football for 80+ years it took 7 kids from Corbin and one from everywhere but Williamsburg to finally get your first regional championship, then the best player in Harlan came the next year to help win the second regional championship. They are all gone and this years team was a product of your feeder system, looks like everything is back to normal at Williamsburg. I look for Jellico and McCreary to be back on their schedule in the near future.
1/4bak Wrote:Williamsburg after having football for 80+ years it took 7 kids from Corbin and one from everywhere but Williamsburg to finally get your first regional championship, then the best player in Harlan came the next year to help win the second regional championship. They are all gone and this years team was a product of your feeder system, looks like everything is back to normal at Williamsburg. I look for Jellico and McCreary to be back on their schedule in the near future.
Well the Andy Greer team that lost a regional final to Pikeville in OT was composed Wburg kids and no transfers...I will be happy with a team like that and look for that kind of team soon 1/4 brain...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Well the Andy Greer team that lost a regional final to Pikeville in OT was composed Wburg kids and no transfers...I will be happy with a team like that and look for that kind of team soon 1/4 brain...

Until we sent you some players this was your signature game almost beat Pikeville in the region a team that Beechwood beat by 40 points the next game.
Lol your team has made a living off of other schools players, why the obsession when Wburg finally gets a few kids...You didn't hear me whining a few years back when a Wburg kid lead your Basketball team...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doesn't matter where those kids come from. They went from 9-12 there except Massy. Sizemore spent 10-12.. Do not knock there success because those boys earned it.

But back to 2016. They should be okay but success depends on there defense.
yeah 1/4 hak, I'm sure glad Griffith, Lowrie, Rose-Creekmore, Shelton, Dunn, Huskey, Helton and the other 35 kids we had on that team moved from the big city of Corbin to come help us taste the carpet. It sure was nice of you to lend us them. You guys are so forgetful about all the transfers come and become a Redhound thru the years.??? But your welcome for your QB/ Fullback you got from us!!!! But that's ok, you all claimed him @ birth. We will be fine this year! We always welcome more players that want to come and enjoy a District & Region Title! And as you all know, it never hurts to have a few more "players" help you along the way. Come on over, single A is ready for the taking! We will welcome you all with open arms. People need to wake up! 3A and 5A in this area is not going to compete for a title but 1A we can
Seems like that Greer team spanked a pretty good Corbin team. Its rich seeing a Corbin fan whine about kids from Corbin playing at another school. Corbin has had how many kids from out of district play there over the years? They robbed Whitley, Laurel and Knox Counties for 50 years. Like Corbin but have no respect for jerks who don't respect over school's success.

Arrogance ? from a Williamsburg fan don't see that much:turnbad:
just following your lead 1/4 hak

:Shaking:
bac2369 Wrote:Doesn't matter where those kids come from. They went from 9-12 there except Massy. Sizemore spent 10-12.. Do not knock there success because those boys earned it.

But back to 2016. They should be okay but success depends on there defense.

I thought Ethan Wilson, Lamoree, Sanders, and Kissinger were all at Corbin there freshmen year. Silcox went in middle school.
1/4bak Wrote:Williamsburg after having football for 80+ years it took 7 kids from Corbin and one from everywhere but Williamsburg to finally get your first regional championship, then the best player in Harlan came the next year to help win the second regional championship. They are all gone and this years team was a product of your feeder system, looks like everything is back to normal at Williamsburg. I look for Jellico and McCreary to be back on their schedule in the near future.

The City of Williamsburg thank y'all for telling these kids they wasn't going to get any playing time at Corbin 1/4bak. Myself I was a Williamsburg fan before I was Corbin. Now it took me 3 yrs waiting on Williamsburg to go to the STATE. Now this will be my 3rd year waiting on Corbin to go to the STATE. And oh by the way 1/4bak.... WHY are you so negative about Williamsburg they are just a 1A team that I believe could have taken Corbin to the woodshed 2013 and 2014. Time for Corbin to get me back to STATE or will it take 4 years. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:The City of Williamsburg thank y'all for telling these kids they wasn't going to get any playing time at Corbin 1/4bak. Myself I was a Williamsburg fan before I was Corbin. Now it took me 3 yrs waiting on Williamsburg to go to the STATE. Now this will be my 3rd year waiting on Corbin to go to the STATE. And oh by the way 1/4bak.... WHY are you so negative about Williamsburg they are just a 1A team that I believe could have taken Corbin to the woodshed 2013 and 2014. Time for Corbin to get me back to STATE or will it take 4 years. Confusednicker:

I was glad to see the last team in the area without a regional championship finally get one. There is a big difference in getting by Raceland than Belfry to make the finales . In 2014 the best team you played was a 5-7 Wayne County team before you met Mayfield,64 you should know before you became a fan that Corbin and Williamsburg played that game when they were both 8th grade state champs and it wasn't pretty for the jackets. I can say one thing about you 64 you know when it is time to get the heck out of town,you should have saved a couple seats for some guys that have not realized yet that it's over and the bus has left.
baller1989 Wrote:just following your lead 1/4 hak

one lame brain following another:lame:
pjdoug Wrote:one lame brain following another:lame:

Your GPS following Williamsburg thread. :hilarious:
64SUR Wrote:Your GPS following Williamsburg thread. :hilarious:

GPS tracker on your bandwagon.