Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AA State Title
There isn't any other 10x State Champions in the East either. Ads are legit contenders.
Real Badman Wrote:There isn't any other 10x State Champions in the East either. Ads are legit contenders.

Danville's number of state championships are irrelevant to this year. Of course they are a contender. But until someone unseats NCC, they are the King of the East.
ColtPride Wrote:Danville's number of state championships are irrelevant to this year. Of course they are a contender. But until someone unseats NCC, they are the King of the East.

NCC will be sitting at the house on the couch in December.
pjdoug Wrote:NCC will be sitting at the house on the couch in December.

I hope your right. Just after DeSales beats them for the third year in a row. lol
I love it when 2 time state champions come in telling everyone how mighty they are. There is still a team in your own region that has beat the mighty Colts 7 of the past 10 times they played. Then once you get past them, if you do, there is either an 11 times state champ that you got to visit, who has won the last 3, or a 2 times state champ that you had help from the zebras with to edge at home or the highest scoring team in the state that has championship experience. Then you either have a multiple time state champion that always seems to be there or a 10 time state champion. So, from what I've seen with the Colts. I think I would be a little less than confident in sending someone home with a beating in Dec.
It's gonna be a fun road. I can't wait.
mysonis55 Wrote:I love it when 2 time state champions come in telling everyone how mighty they are. There is still a team in your own region that has beat the mighty Colts 7 of the past 10 times they played. Then once you get past them, if you do, there is either an 11 times state champ that you got to visit, who has won the last 3, or a 2 times state champ that you had help from the zebras with to edge at home or the highest scoring team in the state that has championship experience. Then you either have a multiple time state champion that always seems to be there or a 10 time state champion. So, from what I've seen with the Colts. I think I would be a little less than confident in sending someone home with a beating in Dec.

Who are you even referring to? If it's CAL, where in the world are you getting your numbers? We have beaten CAL 9 out of the last 14 times we have played.
I really hope history repeats, and we get to make that trip to Mayfield. You must think we'll be in awe of your 11 championships and just lay down.
ColtPride Wrote:I hope your right. Just after DeSales beats them for the third year in a row. lol

it could happen,but I think Danville has too much speed for them this year Confusednicker: .
I'm just repeating some of what I heard by the announcer at your game. Secondly, we are just expecting you to go away in awe after we get the sub state championship trophy.
I would rate DsSales at 3rd or 4th in AA after seeing them in person and on film. I like Mayfield in the West, they are far and away the most exerienced
Would love to see a Mayfield/Desales matchup.. I think it would probably be the 1st team that scores wins.. 2 really solid defensive teams..
I too seen the DeSales CAL game. I felt that the Colts were a better team overall and that the turnovers is what ultimately beat them. CAL having a young qb (whom we all better watch out for in the coming years ) and their lack of depth will not help them in the rematch against DeSales.
I also felt like both teams were slow and lacked the physicality to be able to hang with the Cards. The Mayfield defense will absolutely shut both of those offenses down I watched that night. Also size doesn't matter to these boys. They will not back down to anyone.
I will also add that the Colts better not look past Monroe County. Because those boys are hungry and would like nothing better than to send DeSales packing.
I am going to say it will be a Mayfield Danville match up in the final with the Cards coming out on top and making it four in a row.
I thought early on last night that you may have been right about the Colts overlooking Monroe.
2A goes through the cupcake eating Mayfield Cardinals
Add some sprinkles please.
OB Catholic's going to be an awfully tough team to knock out, be it Mayfield, Desales, CAL or Danville.. Not saying it can't be down, but, this is one of the best teams in AA to have flown this much under the radar.. Not sure they've been taken as serious due to an early season loss to a mediocre Daviess Co team, but, prior and since, the Aces have been very impressive with a high potent offense and a stingy defense that also has a lot of depth..
Danville