Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AA State Title
Who's got the best chance to take home the hardware this season?
I would say its a toss up between Mayfield and CAL. Both teams have a clear shot. I don't see any team in the east coming out on top. Danville has the best shot to get out of east if they can get past Shelby Valley if SV makes it there next Friday. But to take home the hardware, it'll be a team out of the west IMO
Football_4_Life Wrote:I would say its a toss up between Mayfield and CAL. Both teams have a clear shot. I don't see any team in the east coming out on top. Danville has the best shot to get out of east if they can get past Shelby Valley if SV makes it there next Friday. But to take home the hardware, it'll be a team out of the west IMO

Better not forget about DeSales. CAL beat them 17-0 in the regular season last year only to lose 7-6 in the playoffs.

CAL won 16-0 this year. Could we see the same result as last years playoff game??
Danville will win state
That's very true Blackcat Fan. I know Mayfield and CAL are very tough teams, I would probably put DeSales right behind them then Danville. I give Mayfield a little edge over them all but it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. There's no clear favorite to who will win, it's too competitive to consider it a clear favorite.
:rockonBig Grinanville
Danville wins 2A.
It's been since 2002 that we last beat Danville. I would relish another win over the Ads. But, to tell you the truth I would rather see Mayfield lay the smack down on NCC. We really owe them one.
mysonis55 Wrote:It's been since 2002 that we last beat Danville. I would relish another win over the Ads. But, to tell you the truth I would rather see Mayfield lay the smack down on NCC. We really owe them one.

It's also the only time Mayfield has ever beat Danville.
I would pick Desales, OC, and Cal over Mayfield this year. Not sure about Danville. I hope I'm wrong because I actually like Mayfield
I keep doubting Danville and man they are rolling. Would hate to play them. Give them as good a shot as any.
BigDawgPrez Wrote:Who's got the best chance to take home the hardware this season?

Danville
You must not have seen them two Louisville teams in person, as have I.
Mayfield.
Honestly, wouldn't surprise me to see any of Danville, CAL, Mayfield, OB Cath or Desales.. I think on any given day, any of these 5 could knock off the other.. I'd put Murray a little behind those 5, but, the only other team with a decent chance..
It's not rocket science guys.
Mayfield and CAL are significantly better than the rest.
Then I'd say Desales and Owensboro Catholic are next.
Finally Danville.
mysonis55 Wrote:You must not have seen them two Louisville teams in person, as have I.

Ohh so you saw the 2 best defenses in 2A battle it out, and you think that Mayfield is going to have an easy time with either of us? lol Funny thing about our game with CAL, is that we pretty much dominated the game stat wise. Stats don't win games. We doubled their first downs, we doubled their rushing yards, they did out gain us in the air, but not by much. We even beat them in the turnover dept. We had 4 to their none. That's what beat us. First down on their 5 and we throw a pick 6. That right there was a 14 pt turnaround.
I have all the respect for CAL, but in 2 weeks when we see them again, they will not beat us again when it counts. Our boys will be taking the field expecting to win, what do you think will be in their minds?
We have the best defense in 2A. That will keep us in any game, and give us a chance to win against any school in 2A. You guys thinking these Colts are going to lay down, and give up their title are going to be disappointed.
I believe if we do the unthinkable and lose to CAL, then I see CAL winning the title.
DeSales and CAL II will be a war.
Colt, ask yourself this. During this last 6 year run by Mayfield, have you seen a big team beat Mayfield? Have you seen a fast team beat Mayfield? The answer is a resounding no. It takes big and fast. Your Colts are big but slow. CAL comes closer to the billing as they are fast in several areas and have a few bigger boys. But the problem you have with that is that this Mayfield team has the luxury of being fast across the board. They are faster as a team than they have been in many years, probably since 2010. I don't expect it will be a cake walk but I do expect to advance non the less.
As far as your stats argument, I was there. CAL pretty well controlled that game. They didn't have to have more first downs because when they got in the open they just outran the Colts to the end zone.
mysonis55 Wrote:As far as your stats argument, I was there. CAL pretty well controlled that game. They didn't have to have more first downs because when they got in the open they just outran the Colts to the end zone.

You don't control the game being doubled up on first downs, and rushing yards. What beat us, and led to all their scores was the 4 turnovers. remember that was Johnson's first game back after his injury. he simply tried to do to much. we abandoned the run game way to early. You better believe we are in CAL's heads as the game gets closer.

As far as the speed issue, Mayfield is not as fast as Ballard, or Fairdale, or Fern Creek.. All three whom we played very disciplined football. What happens if we make it to mayfield, and our line starts shoving you guys off the ball? could be a long night for the Cardinals. We are the defending champs, our players no what the objective is. This is when depth, can really stand out, and we have plenty of that. Plus just like last year, we might have something of a surprise for CAL just like we did last year. Never know. lol
I'm going with Danville...they got speed.
Not worried about that line shoving us around. McCracken's line is as big, stronger and much faster. We played right there with them and if we didn't miss 3 fg's or drop a td pass we would have won in regulation. With the speed diferential that CAL has, they may have a surprise or two as well. Either way, it's gonna be a fun ride.
Back in the day, Danville would have our number. However, this is a new world. Our head coach is not quiet as conservative as he was years ago. I recall the conservatism costing us big against the Ads at home in 2001.
Danville should have this one!
Danville has played no one other than Boyle. Don't give me Corbin either. I still have NCC winning the East.
mysonis55 Wrote:You must not have seen them two Louisville teams in person, as have I.

Danville is right up there with the best of them. I would say 2 A could be a toss up with 4-5 teams.
mysonis55 Wrote:Back in the day, Danville would have our number. However, this is a new world. Our head coach is not quiet as conservative as he was years ago. I recall the conservatism costing us big against the Ads at home in 2001.

Danville will give you all you want and then some in 2015.
ColtPride Wrote:Danville has played no one other than Boyle. Don't give me Corbin either. I still have NCC winning the East.

Danville will go through Newport Central Catholic like a dose of salts.
pjdoug Wrote:Danville will go through Newport Central Catholic like a dose of salts.

So has every team in the east said. Until they play.