Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 50 Raceland 7
BigMelon63 Wrote:If Pikeville gets to play Paintsville the Tigers will make you cough the ball up again. Please tell me how you were cheated out of that game again. Great teams find a way to win. This team will find a way to beat you again. Too much speed and too many weapons.

What? Didn't say that. Go ahead and count on snaps over the QBs head helping you out again. Pikeville put Phelps out and had Kash out for part of 2nd half and you act like Paintsville was smacking Pikeville around lol...
Hate to break it to you, but Pikeville has more speed and weapons than Paintsville. Can't wait. All I will say about it. I am still a big fan of huge melons though!Confusedinglepar
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland is a solid football team. Not as good as they were in the last two years, I wil admit, BUT, Paintsville made us look like kids playing football for the first time. Paintsville is for real and I fully expect them to be in BG and now officially have my undisputed #1 vote come this weekend.

You don't have a very good record at picking teams to go to Bowling Green :biggrin:
Losing Messer hurt Raceland more than they have been willing to admit. You can't just plug kids in and expect them to do the things he was able to do. He was huge in all three phases for the Rams.
jetpilot Wrote:What? Didn't say that. Go ahead and count on snaps over the QBs head helping you out again. Pikeville put Phelps out and had Kash out for part of 2nd half and you act like Paintsville was smacking Pikeville around lol...
Hate to break it to you, but Pikeville has more speed and weapons than Paintsville. Can't wait. All I will say about it. I am still a big fan of huge melons though!Confusedinglepar

I like melons,too.
pjdoug Wrote:I like melons,too.

I think we can all agree that melons are excellent.
Williamsburg couldn't replace Griffith and Paintsville won't be able to replace Daniels next year.
jetpilot Wrote:I think we can all agree that melons are excellent.

for sure :biggrin:
Orange Blaze Wrote:Congrats to Paintsville you were clearly the better team. With that said, how much can you possibly hype one player up? Kash is good, I get that. But are the cash register sounds everytime he makes a play really necessary? I have never seen one player hyped up and celebrated like that kid was tonight. I hope he has a good future I really do but I can see all the hometown hype setting him up for some major disappointment later down the road because he will not always have the godlike status that he has obtained at Paintsville.

He is simply a kid having the time of his life. Let him enjoy it. Imagine the stories he will have to tell his kids and grand kids about his high school career.
Let Paintsville and Kash enjoy the ride.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Do the non believers believe now?? This team is for real!!!!!!!!

Tell ya what, I've been hesitant to get on the Paintsville train, and I still hesitate to outright state that they can compete with Beechwood. However, this score gets my attention.

They'll likely still have to face Pikeville again, and other huge challenges beyond, but I'm enjoying their story. Five years ago, who woulda thunk it? Great story and great example for kids/teams struggling this year.
E's Army Wrote:Williamsburg couldn't replace Griffith and Paintsville won't be able to replace Daniels next year.

But Painstville will have Phelps who will run for about 5,000 yards.
Who can pikeville not replace?
pjdoug Wrote:You don't have a very good record at picking teams to go to Bowling Green :biggrin:

Or probably the Bowling Alley either.
BlueCrew34 Wrote:Who can pikeville not replace?

Pugh.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Tell ya what, I've been hesitant to get on the Paintsville train, and I still hesitate to outright state that they can compete with Beechwood. However, this score gets my attention.

They'll likely still have to face Pikeville again, and other huge challenges beyond, but I'm enjoying their story. Five years ago, who woulda thunk it? Great story and great example for kids/teams struggling this year.

Five years ago no one, but as soon as Joe Chirico took over i knew it was only a matter of time. Chirico is one hell of a coach.
Good Win Tigers !!! We will see you next week . Should be a dandy
That my friends was a good old fashion beat down! I can handle getting beat. What I can't handle is a team that just lays down and takes the ass whipping. We layed down and quit tonight. Horrible effort tonight.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:He is simply a kid having the time of his life. Let him enjoy it. Imagine the stories he will have to tell his kids and grand kids about his high school career.

I get that but what I saw appeared to be over the top celebrations and that is a recipe for an inflated ego. Paintsville is a very good team but they also seem very cocky and their attitude reminds me of McPeek era Faiview teams. Again I wish them luck the rest of the way I was just put off by their cockiness.
After listening to some of the players after the game and pondering on things all the way home I'm not sure what's going on .. I have some questions 1 how are we in week 9 and have kids on the field who don't know the plays or block or attempt to block the wrong person? How can a fan ( me ) see what the other team is doing on how they line up but The defensive coach upstairs not n I know the view is different on the field than up higher how can they not see what's going on to adjust to it . How many times do you throw a out on first down before a corner jumps the route like happened tonight , the middle of the field is wide the hell open for slants or in routes by the tight end .. Raceland puts themselves in 3rd and long all the damn time all year long , and this is football not t ball kids are gonna get yelled at but never should they get cursed at ... Paintsville wanted that game more and took it congrats to them, heard some things from my son about things said during the game to Raceland players by paintvilles coach all I can say is dude has no class and karma is a bitch .. Btw it's almost midnight u can turn the scoreboard off now lol enjoy the moment the Paintsville kids deserve it
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Five years ago no one, but as soon as Joe Chirico took over i knew it was only a matter of time. Chirico is one hell of a coach.
chirico is a champion so he knows what it takes to be a champion.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I get that but what I saw appeared to be over the top celebrations and that is a recipe for an inflated ego. Paintsville is a very good team but they also seem very cocky and their attitude reminds me of McPeek era Faiview teams. Again I wish them luck the rest of the way I was just put off by their cockiness.

Forgive me for a moment and let me be a kid on my next comment.

As Kid Rock would say, "they say i'm cocky and i say what it bragging MF'er if you back it up".
As far as Raceland goes we are simply not very good and we have been regressing for several weeks. We are not disciplined and play without any passion or intensity. Emotionally they are finished and that is something that no amount of coaching can fix. This team quit tonight at the first sign of things going badly for them and simply got whipped. I don't see us winning another game this season and we will have a first round playoff exit for the first time in quite a while.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Forgive me for a moment and let me be a kid on my next comment.

As Kid Rock would say, "they say i'm cocky and i say what it bragging MF'er if you back it up".

I agreed Paintsville has brought it all year ... Next week would be a big test when the come to Shelby Valley. Last year the beat Valley 30-20 @ Paintsville, but we turn it over 6 times .. That's in the past should be a good challege for both teams
Joe Chirico would NEVER cuss a player on his team or an opponent. He would not let one his assistants do it either.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Joe Chirico would NEVER cuss a player on his team or an opponent. He would not let one his assistants do it either.

Agreed. Chirico is a class act period.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I get that but what I saw appeared to be over the top celebrations and that is a recipe for an inflated ego. Paintsville is a very good team but they also seem very cocky and their attitude reminds me of McPeek era Faiview teams. Again I wish them luck the rest of the way I was just put off by their cockiness.
rams domination the last several years made this a highly emoitional statement game for the tigers. they have now beaten 2 of the best 1a programs in the east and know in their hearts they are ready for the post season. a little swagger is good because that shows confidence.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:rams domination the last several years made this a highly emoitional statement game for the tigers. they have now beaten 2 of the best 1a programs in the east and know in their hearts they are ready for the post season. a little swagger is good because that shows confidence.

They have simply earned it. They have been doubted by many all year.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:After listening to some of the players after the game and pondering on things all the way home I'm not sure what's going on .. I have some questions 1 how are we in week 9 and have kids on the field who don't know the plays or block or attempt to block the wrong person? How can a fan ( me ) see what the other team is doing on how they line up but The defensive coach upstairs not n I know the view is different on the field than up higher how can they not see what's going on to adjust to it . How many times do you throw a out on first down before a corner jumps the route like happened tonight , the middle of the field is wide the hell open for slants or in routes by the tight end .. Raceland puts themselves in 3rd and long all the damn time all year long , and this is football not t ball kids are gonna get yelled at but never should they get cursed at ... Paintsville wanted that game more and took it congrats to them, heard some things from my son about things said during the game to Raceland players by paintvilles coach all I can say is dude has no class and karma is a bitch .. Btw it's almost midnight u can turn the scoreboard off
now lol enjoy the moment the Paintsville kids deserve it

And you call me a dork today. Karma is a b***h nut. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:And you call me a dork today. Karma is a b***h nut. :truestory:

:biglmao:
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:I agreed Paintsville has brought it all year ... Next week would be a big test when the come to Shelby Valley. Last year the beat Valley 30-20 @ Paintsville, but we turn it over 6 times .. That's in the past should be a good challege for both teams

In my book this should be the best game of the year in the mountain. Until the Corbin vs Belfry game in the playoffs. Confusederiously: