Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knoxville Catholic @ Belfry
Belfry will make the bluegrass state look bad against the TN school. Knoxville Catholic 48-2
Leonidas Wrote:Whatever troll

I think I'm a troll. Belfry by 2 tds.
Blue/Red Wrote:I think I'm a troll. Belfry by 2 tds.

Im the troll find another thread. Belfry is mine.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im the troll find another thread. Belfry is mine.

I'm the troll and you find another bridge. Belfry by two tds and a three point extra kick
Blue/Red Wrote:I'm the troll and you find another bridge. Belfry by two tds and a three point extra kick

You went from 2 tds to 2 tds and a fg. If you keep it up Belfry will win by 50.
killbilly usmc Wrote:You went from 2 tds to 2 tds and a fg. If you keep it up Belfry will win by 50.

Nope 17 points. Went up because you pointed me out. Stop trying to troll me and get with the program. Lol
Blue/Red Wrote:Nope 17 points. Went up because you pointed me out. Stop trying to troll me and get with the program. Lol

Ill make you a troll bet. If Belfry wins I wont troll a Belfry thread till October 1st. If Knoxville Catholic wins you stay off my Belfry threads till October 1st.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ill make you a troll bet. If Belfry wins I wont troll a Belfry thread till October 1st. If Knoxville Catholic wins you stay off my Belfry threads till October 1st.

Ok.
I probably shouldn't have made that bet cause Knoxville Catholic is .....
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im the troll find another thread. Belfry is mine.

You're a wannabe Confusednicker:
killbilly usmc Wrote:I probably shouldn't have made that bet cause Knoxville Catholic is .....

mediocre at best.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ill make you a troll bet. If Belfry wins I wont troll a Belfry thread till October 1st. If Knoxville Catholic wins you stay off my Belfry threads till October 1st.

pjdoug Wrote:You're a wannabe Confusednicker:

You are a wannabe someone else
Gator95 Wrote:Really? I didn't know you could be seriously offered by schools that early.

Someone can better explain the process but if I am not mistaken there is a difference between a formal offer and an informal offer. I think this may be where the confusion is coming from.

For example there is a specific timeframe that a written scholarship offer can actually be sent. With that said if a Coach tells you on the phone "We want you to play for us and will have a spot for you" it is a different thing.

That's why you see a lot of kids who claim offers and when they go to commit are asked to hold off.
Huge differences between a coach offering and saying he would like for you to come to a game also.
According to ESPN he has Offers to at least five schools and has committed to USC.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footba...ri-rodgers

Rogers has elite pedigree. He is the son of former Tennessee Volunteers/ Pittsburgh Steelers QB Tee Martin, who is the current Receivers coach for USC. Rogers committed to USC to play for his father.
Knoxville Catholic is definitely a top notch football program. Should be a real test. Win or lose...as long as Belfry comes thru it without injury...the game will be to our benefit.
Knoxville Catholic - 24

Belfry - 21
bucslover and I were chatting and trying to figure out some history

When was the last time Belfry hosted a team to Pond Creek with two "ELITE" D-1 prospects?

The closest I can come up with is Ironton when they had the Harmon kid (Michigan State) and Reggie Arden (Ohio State) was an underclassmen.

Lawrence County had Hostetter (Tennessee), Parker (UK), and Wright (Miami OH) on the same roster.

I know when Belfry opened the new stadium against Henry Clay the Blue Devils had Aaron Boyd and Sam Simpson on the roster (UK), and I think maybe one more guy. I wouldn't consider them elite prospects though.

Belfry has hosted several teams with either one elite guy or two smaller D-1 guys.

If you take away the hosting part Belfry has played Etown with Deaderick (Alabama), Todd Texas Tech/Auburn), and Duncan (UK)... they also played the 2007 Louisville Central team with Wilson (UK), Cobble (UK), Patterson (UK), and Robinson (UL).

Can anyone think of one? That first Ironton team maybe that had the Jarmon kid (Ohio State) and another good back?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:bucslover and I were chatting and trying to figure out some history

When was the last time Belfry hosted a team to Pond Creek with two "ELITE" D-1 prospects?

The closest I can come up with is Ironton when they had the Harmon kid (Michigan State) and Reggie Arden (Ohio State) was an underclassmen.

Lawrence County had Hostetter (Tennessee), Parker (UK), and Wright (Miami OH) on the same roster.

I know when Belfry opened the new stadium against Henry Clay the Blue Devils had Aaron Boyd and Sam Simpson on the roster (UK), and I think maybe one more guy. I wouldn't consider them elite prospects though.

Belfry has hosted several teams with either one elite guy or two smaller D-1 guys.

If you take away the hosting part Belfry has played Etown with Deaderick (Alabama), Todd Texas Tech/Auburn), and Duncan (UK)... they also played the 2007 Louisville Central team with Wilson (UK), Cobble (UK), Patterson (UK), and Robinson (UL).

Can anyone think of one? That first Ironton team maybe that had the Jarmon kid (Ohio State) and another good back?

When we hosted Ashland back in late 80's I believe.....they had three studs... Juan Samuels I believe--Arizona State, Chris Hatt..Marshall Samuels ended up playing baseball at Arizona State. If I'm not mistaken...they had another kid go Division I off that team

We hosted Leslie Co when Couch was there...but I don't think they had anyone else go Division I
Not a host but didn't the 2011 Central Team have Wales (UL commit, Went to WKU), Gibbs (UL) and Robinson (UL)
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:When we hosted Ashland back in late 80's I believe.....they had three studs... Juan Samuels I believe--Arizona State, Chris Hatt..Marshall Samuels ended up playing baseball at Arizona State. If I'm not mistaken...they had another kid go Division I off that team

We hosted Leslie Co when Couch was there...but I don't think they had anyone else go Division I

Baker was good but dont think he played anywhere for Leslie County

That Juan Thomas Ashland State Champion team was the other one I was thinking of but it was before my time. Juan didnt play college football but easily could have anywhere he wanted and I think they had one other stud...maybe Baker's dad who went to UK?

Some Other D1 Individual Players Off The Top of My Head:
Tim Couch- Leslie County (UK
Quinton Baker- Ashland (Marshall)
Jeremy Caudill-Pburg (UK)
Channing Fugate- Breathitt County (Tennessee)
Joey Stepp- Sheldon Clark (Marshall)
Davonte Robinson- Henry Clay (UK)
Austin Pope- CAK (Tennessee)

Did that Danville team Belfry beat in the Semi's some years back end up producing any D-1 players?

Supposedly Jacob Smith from NewCath might end up at Eastern Michigan... with Cabell Midland next week and their WVU commit Reece Donovan Belfry may play a D-1 player in 3 of 4 weeks.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Baker was good but dont think he played anywhere for Leslie County

That Juan Thomas Ashland State Champion team was the other one I was thinking of but it was before my time. Juan didnt play college football but easily could have anywhere he wanted and I think they had one other stud...maybe Baker's dad who went to UK?

Some Other D1 Individual Players Off The Top of My Head:
Tim Couch- Leslie County (UK
Quinton Baker- Ashland (Marshall)
Jeremy Caudill-Pburg (UK)
Channing Fugate- Breathitt County (Tennessee)
Joey Stepp- Sheldon Clark (Marshall)
Davonte Robinson- Henry Clay (UK)
Austin Pope- CAK (Tennessee)

Did that Danville team Belfry beat in the Semi's some years back end up producing any D-1 players?

Supposedly Jacob Smith from NewCath might end up at Eastern Michigan... with Cabell Midland next week and their WVU commit Reece Donovan Belfry may play a D-1 player in 3 of 4 weeks.

I remember reading about Juan Thomas in the Herald Leader during that time. He was a stud at RB. A lot of hype about him during that time. Surprised he didn't go on to the next level.
Big Five-0- Wrote:I remember reading about Juan Thomas in the Herald Leader during that time. He was a stud at RB. A lot of hype about him during that time. Surprised he didn't go on to the next level.

Thomas had all kinds of programs after him.....but he really loved baseball..... Chris Hatt was another RB on that team---he went to Marshall. However....they had a fullback...seems like his last name was Johnson.....dude absolutely tore us up in that game. He was a truck.

Seems like they had a LB on that squad that was a DI recruit as well. They were loaded
I'm reaching way back here but Franklin Simpson was led by Joker Phillips when they tore is a new one in 79
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I'm reaching way back here but Franklin Simpson was led by Joker Phillips when they tore is a new one in 79

That was in State Championship Game in Louisville.... But you are correct....they kicked our tail......it was ugly....very ugly.....
I have always heard that Paducah Tilghman had some studs play against Belfry in the 85 finals...Anyone know any names or where they went to school?
Franklin Simpson had Joker and Kerry Baird who both played at UK.
Chase Minnifield
The question is how many future D1 kids will suit up for the home team Friday?
Bentley has the size and I think he has the best chance to go D1. I could see him on a D1 Oline somewhere.

Horton has the skills and stats but will D1 schools give him the attention he deserves or will they overlook him for his size? If the stat I heard on the radio is correct he has 34 sacks in 35 games. Maybe I am easily impressed but that's sounds pretty solid to me.

I think Woolum could be a kicker at the D1 level. Cool under pressure. Can hit the long balls. Would take a little more work on his kicking game but he's probably the third kid I could see from this team going D1. But kicker in D1 would probably be a walk on don't know how many schools scholarship the kicker.