Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Fan's Guide to Surviving at Belfry
Westside Wrote:Pirate on Pirate crime is the worst. :biggrin:

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn:thatsfunn Laughed out loud!!!!
8) When you pull into the parking lot, do not mistakenly think you have driven too far/got lost when you see all the WV license plates. You are in the right place.
I was looking through EKUs roster and was shocked to see a kid from Pikeville on the roster... Kicker. Go figure. Soccer school.
Just kidding. We beat you guys at that too this year.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I was looking through EKUs roster and was shocked to see a kid from Pikeville on the roster... Kicker. Go figure. Soccer school.
Any truth they're gonna start playing a mix of "Take me Home, Country Roads" and "Rocky Top" at Belfry games now? How long before Tennessee plates start showing up in the parking lot? No one will be able to figure out if it's students or just people trying to avoid car tag taxes here. :lmao:
Take me home country roads is usually played right after We Are The Champions.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Take me home country roads is usually played right after We Are The Champions.

As they go hand in hand that makes sense.
Exactly.
I just hope we don't get caught looking ahead to in-state powerhouse Cabell Midland in two weeks Smile
Heard breaking news that Pikeville has asked the KHSAA to play the rest of the year in 2A.

Apparently since the Panthers have more Prestonsburg kids on their roster than the Blackcats they are requesting to trade spots and uniforms and have the easier path to the Semi's
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Heard breaking news that Pikeville has asked the KHSAA to play the rest of the year in 2A.

Apparently since the Panthers have more Prestonsburg kids on their roster than the Blackcats they are requesting to trade spots and uniforms and have the easier path to the Semi's

Actually they wanted to be in 3A since they were clearly the best team in that class last year.
Easy. Make them think they are playing in a state championship game. Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Actually they wanted to be in 3A since they were clearly the best team in that class last year.

They do have a lot of Pike Central kids as well......
WideRight05 Wrote:Easy. Make them think they are playing in a state championship game. Confusednicker:

Highlands will be having a hard time remembering that feeling over the next three or four years
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Highlands will be having a hard time remembering that feeling over the next three or four years

Confusednicker: , and so true.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Highlands will be having a hard time remembering that feeling over the next three or four years

Actually you're a year off - Belfry has lost in the state title game 5 years in a row. :biglmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Heard breaking news that Pikeville has asked the KHSAA to play the rest of the year in 2A.

Noticing BigMelon 63 liked this post. As he is having his morning coffee and scanning the Huntington area waiver wire...
WideRight05 Wrote:Actually you're a year off - Belfry has lost in the state title game 5 years in a row. :biglmao:

Someone needs to notify Central and Wayne Co. to come pick up their championship trophies.
jetpilot Wrote:Someone needs to notify Central and Wayne Co. to come pick up their championship trophies.

I'm sure they did. Central especially. Honestly, I would hate to have been in a position like that losing in 5 straight title games. I can't imagine what that would feel like.
You must have at least 2 wins to talk crap.
Belfry0304 Wrote:You must have at least 2 wins to talk crap.

This is proof that everyone will kick you when your down. 1 bad year in the last decade, and everyone kicks dirt on them. Highlands is pound for pound the best program in the state, and probably the nation as well.
Shhhhhhh.
killbilly usmc Wrote:This is proof that everyone will kick you when your down. 1 bad year in the last decade, and everyone kicks dirt on them. Highlands is pound for pound the best program in the state, and probably the nation as well.

You mean like going to multiple title games and winning multiple titles and people still talking about a loss in the regular season to the county rival?
Belfry0304 Wrote:You mean like going to multiple title games and winning multiple titles and people still talking about a loss in the regular season to the county rival?

Big difference. When is the last time highlands lost to a team 2 classes down. Since Highlands is 4a by enrollment(volunteered to play up in 5a) they would have to lose to a 2a school to be the same. Big difference comparing the 2 when you say multiple titles. 4 titles compared to 23 is a big difference. Every team in the state strives to be on the level of Highlands, and Trinity. I doubt any team achieves that level of success, and before anyone questions me yes im including Mayfield as I know they haven't reached that level either.
Jetpilot poking the bear!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Jetpilot poking the bear!

Jetpilot is a w h o r e
killbilly usmc Wrote:Big difference. When is the last time highlands lost to a team 2 classes down. Since Highlands is 4a by enrollment(volunteered to play up in 5a) they would have to lose to a 2a school to be the same. Big difference comparing the 2 when you say multiple titles. 4 titles compared to 23 is a big difference. Every team in the state strives to be on the level of Highlands, and Trinity. I doubt any team achieves that level of success, and before anyone questions me yes im including Mayfield as I know they haven't reached that level either.

I feel like you're the guy that's out of the joke here and we are all laughing at you.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I feel like you're the guy that's out of the joke here and we are all laughing at you.

How is that a joke? That everybody strives to be like Highlands and Trinity?

Belfry losing to Pikeville would be like Highlands losing to NCC. It wouldn't and shouldn't happen.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Jet pilot if you wanna survive at the CAM all you have to do is stand by me. I won't let nobody hurt ya!!!! Lol

Not sure about Pirate1991 taking care of you, but he does provide a half acre of shade when he stands up!!

Wink
WideRight05 Wrote:How is that a joke? That everybody strives to be like Highlands and Trinity?

Belfry losing to Pikeville would be like Highlands losing to NCC. It wouldn't and shouldn't happen.

Not a single part of this conversation is serious. I agree wholeheartedly with you. We are giving each other shit and this guy comes in being captain facts and stuff. Just relax bro lol make a joke