Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 35 Middlesboro 19
Now, you guys can hammer Middlesboro all you want. I can't remember a winless season and I have been around a long time. Do not take away from these boys, well not all of them. There are kids on that team that are very talented football players. This is not a player issue, it is an issue and stigma that has haunted Middlesboro for a long time. Bringing Frazier back would change nothing, he would be in the same situation. He only coached a certain group of players, that is why you have no juniors and what seniors you have is just God given talent. He did not help those boys. I am not saying what happened to him was right, but the fact remains, he would be losing here too. You have to start this before kids are juniors and seniors. Now we have a coach that is doing the same with freshman and sophomores, I do not think it is completely his call, but grow a pair, okay? Get this...you are not going to win with them either. Privilege and the politics has no place on a team. Anywhere. The best player plays, seniority has a place. You can't be making bad choices and choosing a few because you are afraid to lose them if you don't. Gutless. I want all those boys to succeed, but you better get smart and stop the ass kissing. I think I would let a few coaches take a walk. One more thing, you walk off my practice field the day before the game, you will be riding the pine Friday night.
Well we will have to disagree with you. You want to play the best but seniority does not have a place the 4 game of the season. Best players play no matter what grade. With the other, easy to say someone would not win, Frazier and Chappell together may or may not. We will never know for sure.

I have said before, players are doing whatever, no consequences. Why have you changed so . Up to 8 days ago everyone was being coached. We are not playing any JV or anything. I think I know what happened for you. Somewhat selfless don't you think.
Every know what happened, her son does not carry the ball any more. Replaced.
[quote=InItToWinIt]I wouldn't want to be in any of those coaches shoes right now. I would much rather lose to SL than Pville any day. This is a sad time for Middlesboro football. Too much talent to not have won a game. Defense is small, but hell, wrap them up and tackle them. I know the boys would understand if taught. Hang in there, Jackets. At this point, if a game is going to be won, it has to be these kids being mentally tough and physically sound. Stay healthy guys![/QUOTE .

I remember back in the day everyone dreaded Middlesboro...they were a force. Hope they can turn this around!
Madness Wrote:Every know what happened, her son does not carry the ball any more. Replaced.

I have to agree. She turned as soon as this happened. The truth would break her heart, stop there Madness.
InItToWinIt Wrote:Middlesboro is the better team. You have got about 3 on that team that really work. This is nothing but poor ass coaching.

You can blame it on whatever you want, but South was the best team last night and if you don't believe it you need to be sharing what ever your on because it has to be some real good stuff.
E's Army Wrote:How has Middlesboro fallen so fast in two years?

Well, the quick answer is that they really haven't been all that "good" in quite a while, so it really hasn't been all that far of a fall.

After Kenny Roark led them to the '98 state title, they had some good years, but they haven't been beyond the regional finals since. That's 17 years now.

I've observed and/or been involved with the Jacket program since "Chalk" Stapleton's first season as head coach in the late '60s. It's a great, traditional small-town, independent program that I still have a great deal of affection for, but for lack of a better term, the MHS fans and parents need to "get over themselves."

Let this young coach do his job. He is "one of your own," after all. If the results after the 2017 season still aren't up to the "consummate" standards of the MHS faithful, then by all means, eat your own. With the right consensus, your current superintendent will obviously cooperate.
This conversation is on the verge of getting closed. Please discuss the game. If you want to discuss your children, or the coaches (by name), take that to the PMs.
I try that with her and she loses it.
InItToWinIt is taking a week away from BGR. I was going to close this thread and start another one but it didn't seem fair to the rest of you who were having some legit conversations.

Hopefully, I have deleted enough information to where her son's identity is protected.

I apologize for slicing up your thread, but I felt it was important.

Thank you!!
They do have some talent but it is truely a Sad situation. The Admin put all this in motion with the coaching debacle. Then last year with the players missing multiple days of practice but still playing.

To answer the 0-10 question I doubt they ever had but 2015 is sadly headed that way.
8-9 seniors 2 didn't dress down to 6 with 1 bring a kicker only now down to 5 2 don't play down to 3 now what???? 7 sophomore/ freshman start on O 9 start on D so tell me how they won't be better again
In all honesty, not enough young lineman. These skill kids will get better, but still only maybe 1 quality lineman to go with them. This is why I do not think it gets much better. May win 2.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Well, the quick answer is that they really haven't been all that "good" in quite a while, so it really hasn't been all that far of a fall.

After Kenny Roark led them to the '98 state title, they had some good years, but they haven't been beyond the regional finals since. That's 17 years now.

I've observed and/or been involved with the Jacket program since "Chalk" Stapleton's first season as head coach in the late '60s. It's a great, traditional small-town, independent program that I still have a great deal of affection for, but for lack of a better term, the MHS fans and parents need to "get over themselves."

Let this young coach do his job. He is "one of your own," after all. If the results after the 2017 season still aren't up to the "consummate" standards of the MHS faithful, then by all means, eat your own. With the right consensus, your current superintendent will obviously cooperate.

Did they not go to state semifinals in 99' and 02'?

That said, I do agree with your overall argument.

And yes Madness, I'm finally commenting. Not much to say these past two weeks except I was wrong.
I understand.
Madness; Why get on here and dog middlesboro your a bell county fan,fact 1 bell county whipped middlesboro fact 2 middlesboro is not playing well fact 3! Everyone understands that. So let's go over some facts about your team. Coach Mills is gone at the end of season Fact 1, You have to get a middlesboro teacher to help you coach but wont get him a job fact 2, Your all mighty Bobcats are facing 2 lawsuits from camp; fact 3 Bell county is being investigation for recruiting players have filled the paperwork out fact 4!!! So before you come on middlesboro thread and trash talk these kids and coaches clean out your own closet first!!!! Been yellow jacket fan for 100 years and will be for a 100 more
Remember the preseason bet , You are going to owe me $1000 dollars fact, is why. Because of you arrogance in the preseason is why. Because of the 4 identity mom, I told her I would be here all year and because I want to.:devilflam

And winning and playing better each week. See the difference.
Middlesboro has not always been world beaters since 98 but you could count on them to compete
Trashtalker Wrote:Madness; Why get on here and dog middlesboro your a bell county fan,fact 1 bell county whipped middlesboro fact 2 middlesboro is not playing well fact 3! Everyone understands that. So let's go over some facts about your team. Coach Mills is gone at the end of season Fact 1, You have to get a middlesboro teacher to help you coach but wont get him a job fact 2, Your all mighty Bobcats are facing 2 lawsuits from camp; fact 3 Bell county is being investigation for recruiting players have filled the paperwork out fact 4!!! So before you come on middlesboro thread and trash talk these kids and coaches clean out your own closet first!!!! Been yellow jacket fan for 100 years and will be for a 100 more

Where is Mills going?
He's been told he won't be rehired! No matter of outcome!!
Trashtalker Wrote:He's been told he won't be rehired! No matter of outcome!!

Why?
Trashtalker Wrote:He's been told he won't be rehired! No matter of outcome!!

Since you like stating facts, I will tell you, that statement is 100% false. He has been told no such thing. FACT.
Well they better tell the principal 2 stop playing music having a few and putting the county business out there..... FACT!!!
What are the lawsuits over
Congrats to South Laurel. That program needed some momentum.
I hate to see Middlesboro having this kind of season and would like to see them get back to the level where they were at when they and Corbin had some of the most memorable games that I can recall.

A BIG win for SL, one that they desperately needed.