Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Mayfield Cardinals Preview
mysonis55 Wrote:I will give you a tidbit. I won't say which coach, so don't ask. I spoke with a MHS football coach today. I asked him to compare our team from last year to this years team. I asked him would he say we were worse or as good this year as to what we were last year at this point. He said he thinks we are better. He said the line looks great.

You like the word tidbit don't you. Im glad the line is looking good, I was hoping to hear about the secret weapon, but we don't want 64 to find out. Ive been by a few practices, and keeping a lookout to make sure 64 didn't steal the water to take to corbin. I hope the secret weapon aint 64 turning into a Mayfield fan, cause his teams usually lose.
killbilly usmc Wrote:And the homegrown boys still beat the Williamsburg/Corbin/Whitley County/Harlan County all star team for the title last year. Ten seconds till topnotch gets butthurt, and granny bear shows her eastern bias, and sticks her nose into this, and I get banned again for giving it right back to the eastern folks when they started it with another stab about transfers.:biglmao:
Homegrown"s A$$
killbilly usmc Wrote:You like the word tidbit don't you. Im glad the line is looking good, I was hoping to hear about the secret weapon, but we don't want 64 to find out. Ive been by a few practices, and keeping a lookout to make sure 64 didn't steal the water to take to corbin. I hope the secret weapon aint 64 turning into a Mayfield fan, cause his teams usually lose.
64 will steal players that you wrongfully acquired Confusednicker:
On most days, they have me guarding the water.
We have several secrete weapons this year. There are so many more options when you have this many skill players available.
The system keeps on rolling.
It's amazing to look at the size of some of Mayfield's players and wonder how does a kid that small still produce. It has to be putting the kids in the right system, having the right coaching, finding the kids with the most heart and the Mayfield speed.
That creates Championships.
Shhh!!! Don't give out our secretes!!!
Full pads in the morning!!!! 7 days until Milan!!!! Life is starting again.
mysonis55 Wrote:Full pads in the morning!!!! 7 days until Milan!!!! Life is starting again.

What time im ready to see someone get hit!!!
Sorry, I haven't checked since I last posted until now. It was at 7 this morning. They looked really good. Trajon is running much faster.
mysonis55 Wrote:Sorry, I haven't checked since I last posted until now. It was at 7 this morning. They looked really good. Trajon is running much faster.

Let me know if they practice again this evening. Its my first day off in almost a month. I have seen some of the early practices, but Friday I went by, and they wasn't out there that's why I was waiting to hear back on if they was practicing this morning.
Monday morning
cupcakes will melt in this heat.
No, we have special water. 64, has been trying for years to get it. We can train in the hottest weather and be cool inside.
Good luck Mayfield on the 2015 season:Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:No, we have special water. 64, has been trying for years to get it. We can train in the hottest weather and be cool inside.

^Confusednicker:
Tomorrow is the big Milan scrimmage. I will try to keep yall updated. I know 64 wants to know how his adopted west team looks.
mysonis55 Wrote:Tomorrow is the big Milan scrimmage. I will try to keep yall updated. I know 64 wants to know how his adopted west team looks.

Give us and update. Confusednicker:
Hoping to see updates. Need a football fix. Good luck to Mayfield this year.
Was told a few minutes ago via FB that Mayfield won the scrimmage that is all the info I have
I think the final was 21-15.. It was either that or 28-15.. I can't remember if the Cards put that last drive in or not.. Mayfield had a couple of other opportunities to score as they were deep in Milan territory, once turning it over on downs and once an int. in the end zone.. The Cards jumped out to a quick 21-0 lead, but, Milan fought back with a couple of nice scores, a 2 pt conversion and a PAT.. Mayfield's OL looked decent, imo.. I think the LT & LG looked solid.. The C had trouble with the snaps and wasn't able to get much penetration against a good sized Milan front.. I think they'll be okay, but, they certainly can't afford any injuries across that front 5 because there's not much depth.. The Cards RB corp. is going to be really stout.. Tragon Bright is going to get his, but, they 3 or 4 other guys that run hard and strong and with good speed. The Wr corp is also deep. Very impressed with #17, no idea his name, but, imo, he looked better than Kennemore and Colby, but, they looked good, too. D flies to the ball and looks great against the run, but, were burned a couple of times on pass plays.. Milan.s got a nice looking team, they dress a ton of kids, have some explosive skill kids, a QB who can really zip the ball, a couple of tall, rangy WRs and nice size across the lines.. Solid effort by the Card.. Nott too shabby for a 1st scrimmage..
The score looks closer than it really was. Remember we had that one deep drive where we threw the int into the end zone. We also had the one where the soph RB supposedly fumbled the ball going into the end zone. I already watched it back and he had crossed the plain and his knee was down before the ball came out. #17 is Michael Walker and he looked much improved. #80 Kevin Caldwell was about as impressive as any receiver out there. You got to remember that Kennemore and Tucker are just getting going though. Kennemore missed some practice time because his baseball was still going. Tucker is still healing on his knee. The freshman rb Trey Matthews will compliment Bright very well. He broke some big ones on their first string and second string defenses. Lumson and Harrison also looked real good at wr. We are not nearly as thin at linemen as you stated though. They are not using Mills, Hernandez or Wimberly at off line any. They can if they see the need. Also you had Gannaway and Dorn swapping out at 1 tackle spot a lot. The def one was constantly rotating. We are gonna be much fresher at the end of games this year. Also, Milan is ranked #5 in preseason 3a polls this year. They have a big lineman that is being recruited by Vandy.
The only thing ill say is I sure have seen slower players than the freshman rb. I was impressed with him.
mediocre at best.
They really limited the amount of play that Kennemore and Bright had in this one. I would say they just don't want any key injuries in a scrimmage. Now, the bad part is, we have to wait 2 weeks before they play again.
mysonis55 Wrote:They really limited the amount of play that Kennemore and Bright had in this one. I would say they just don't want any key injuries in a scrimmage. Now, the bad part is, we have to wait 2 weeks before they play again.

Am I correct in thinking this is Mayfields fastest team in the last decade with maybe 2010 being the only exception. Ive only seen Mayfield from 2005 on, but might be the fastest ive seen. I saw Shauntrez Tyler, and Tashawn Jackson didn't dress so that's even more speed to add. Does Xavier Brown not get a lot of snaps I thought he would be starting by now.
pjdoug Wrote:mediocre at best.

Not going to predict a record or how far they go in playoffs, but I can assure you the speed, and team I saw last night is far from mediocre.
killbilly, the speed of the RBs and WRs really did stand out and the overall # of kids who looked to have the speed was impressive.. The biggest concern I had was that they couldn't just line up and go right at you, between the tackles. The center of the line was being handled and the RBs were forced to take the outside to pick up yardage. Plus, Arnett got pressured quite a bit and had to use his legs to get avoid some big losses. But, as far as pure team speed, they have it and that may be their savior this year. Those backs can get their yards when it looks like nothings there and the WRs can get open, they run good routes and they all seem to have good hands and can go up and get it.
Don't worry so much about the line. Do you really think they will be getting pushed around on that side after they move Johnny over there? Also after several more weeks of having to practice against our defensive line, they will be better than last year. We really didn't show just how fast we really are last night. We had 2 of our main weapons out for most of the scrimmage and Trez on the sidelines all night. We also have the new track star that is going his first year at football. I heard he is really fast. When you are comparing it to our boys and saying that he is really fast, that means something. That was a coach that told me about him.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Does Xavier Brown not get a lot of snaps I thought he would be starting by now.

X is no longer on the team