Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Larkey named head coach at Perry Central
Holy smoke! I'm glad Coach L landed back on his feet after getting them knocked out from under him. Good luck to both him and Perry Central! Great facilities...now you have a coach with a good track record. This will make for an interesting next few years in 5A down there. Everyone seems to have settled in with a coach that they wanted(recently hired). Let the fireworks begin.
Canady will be hired soon is what I was told its left up to him.....Great hire for this program it will take a couple of years for the Commadores to turn things around but here is what it will stop, players going to other schools and it will bring in players from other schools to play football at a basketball school, This will bring toughness to the program and have some one that will build this program up. Great hire to the administration and to all involved in the Perry County School System.
Good, Luck Tom and PCC.
NotDanPatrick Wrote:Lets recap the history of PCC football in 3 paragraphs. Many coaches have come and many have moved on. Searcy had 1 or 2 decent seasons, Browne had a few winning seasons, Haddix had 1 productive season. In my opinion Browne would have made a good run if his ego and personality had not gotten the best of him. Haddix could have had made a good run if he had not gotten greedy and lazy. Then you have the others that had made an appearance lol.

2. This school was a consolidation of M.C. Napier and Dilce Combs with M.C. Napier being the only one with a football program. Many people want to say that the southern end kids don't play because of transportation and that they live so far away. To use this as an excuse cracks me up. I have never heard this excuse used for the basketball program, these kids never miss a basketball practice or a game.

3. Parents.....These are the ones that really get me, the arm chair coaches. There is a complaint on this coach, there is a complaint on that coach. It is always the coaches fault.
Why did they call this? Why did they pass it when they should have obviously ran it up the middle!! They are not giving junior enough touches!!!

For the first time in school history the administration has hired a coach with a proven track record. They have hired a coach who knows what it takes to prepare his warriors for battle. If this man cannot turn this program around then who is to blame?

Ok explain this one. How would browns ego get in the way of winning that is just a dumb statement and to say haddix was lazy is insane. And saying for the first time in school history they have hired a proven coach you are way out of bounds. The brown guy like him or not "and sounds like you don't like him" was a college OC and proven winner in a state in the south as a head coach"I cant recall which one". I do know that brown had the first winning season in the history of the school and haddix was one hell of a coach. Sounds like to me you have a personnel problem with those two men. Just because you don't like them sure in the hell doesn't mean they cant coach!!!! And sounds like to me you need to get you a college degree and apply for head coaching jobs and lets see how good you do!!!
For those of you PCC fans who liked to watch the passing game get ready for a whole bunchof run left run right run up middle and maybe a couple of passes during a game. Not knocking Larkey but thats his style.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
If you like to win who cares if you throw it or run it. The man has won 292 football games. Kinda sounds like he knows what he is doing.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:If you like to win who cares if you throw it or run it. The man has won 292 football games. Kinda sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Now Eagle, You know that the reason teams lose in Ky is because they don't throw the ball.. It has nothing to do with being physically outmatched or anything like that. If a lot of these teams "opened their offense up" they would be getting beat by 60 instead of 30 IMO. I hope Coach Larkey throws for 0 yards and beats HC in the near future.
Perry just made a great hire. They better get a good assistant to shadow him and keep running his same system. Perry kids are going to be in for a rude awakening though. Playing smashmouth is a lot,different than playng finesse football like they are used to playing. Kids will have to start hitting the weights a lot harder than they are used to. Help Larkey sticks around a while and gets a successful program started.
E's Army Wrote:Great hire

Good luck Tommy. Class Act!
Good luck and congrats to coach Larkey.
Good Luck Coach Larkey.
Great hire IMO.
Congrats coach im happy for you
WinkWinkler Wrote:So. Is he only going to coach? He is not going to need another job? Perry County must pay their coaches awful well.

He will have a teaching job (first in line) but it will be done the right way they will post it and hire him 30 days later. Just can't announce it now

panther nation Wrote:For those of you PCC fans who liked to watch the passing game get ready for a whole bunchof run left run right run up middle and maybe a couple of passes during a game. Not knocking Larkey but thats his style.

And a lot of wins in the future he will build something here
Hope PCC puts a running clock on em.
How can he be (first in line) for a teaching job when one has not even been posted? He may or may not be the most qualified applicant for a teaching position. A school system cannot just create teaching positions to satisfy coaching hires.
WinkWinkler Wrote:How can he be (first in line) for a teaching job when one has not even been posted? He may or may not be the most qualified applicant for a teaching position. A school system cannot just create teaching positions to satisfy coaching hires.

Any teacher that has taught as long as he has is qualified.

Why does everyone get riled up over someone that can coach a sport get a teaching job?

In my opinion, being able to coach on top of teach in the classroom makes you more qualified and more valuable to a school district.

It's no different than any other job someone would put in for. If you can do multiple things... you're more likely to get a job.
Coach Larkey, put Rockcastle County on the football 'MAP', when they had not been a football school at all, no doubt he can do the same thing at Perry County Someone said: 'but how long will he stay', I say, he will stay as long as it takes to leave a good program! Perry Co. made a GREAT hire there & will reap the rewards!! Continued good luck, Coach Larkey!! :Thumbs:
Coach Larkey teams will learn to block and play hard core football running it at you smash mouth football Perry Central will learn to line up and run it straight at you cant wait to watch this team grow as the year goes on im not saying they be a great team but the progress will be worth watching and another thing I cant wait to see who want to come back and play for this program after some good players transferred to other schools.It doesn't matter if you run it 50 times a game or throw it 50 times a game at the end of the night the W is what their after and this program is starved to death for the W. and they got a great coach to get the W.
War Machine prediction: "10-0"
PCC will be next big thing in the mountains
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Who all has transferred besides the smith boys?
The word is that the Smiths boys are headed to Corbin. Word out of Bell Co
I believe they be headed back to Perry
I don't believe they go that far, but you ever know.
To poster that said Haddix was lazy, we Redhound fans are glad he thinks that. He is working out just fine in our program, kids Love him and they work very hard . I would say you know very little about Haddix.Yes he was a young coach but he has a football mind most have never seen and is a proven winner. Just look what he did at PCC and someone calls him Lazy. He left for a better Football program and High School and he knew it. So please don't call him Lazy because you see a 3 A Championship soon in Corbin. The Redhound nation supports him and it was never about the money, or being Lazy just ask PCC officials WHY he left. He never says nothing about PCC because he had some very good players there and he cared for his KIDS. Haddix could have over a Hundred kids out and on the roster and that's more than we have ever had even what we had this year was also and few basketball and baseball players can play also, but his style throwing and running the football and having more kids playing keeps them interested in playing the game of Football.
Great post HaddixHounds!!
Justin is a class act and has never said anything negative about no one... Best of luck to the Hounds..
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:To poster that said Haddix was lazy, we Redhound fans are glad he thinks that. He is working out just fine in our program, kids Love him and they work very hard . I would say you know very little about Haddix.Yes he was a young coach but he has a football mind most have never seen and is a proven winner. Just look what he did at PCC and someone calls him Lazy. He left for a better Football program and High School and he knew it. So please don't call him Lazy because you see a 3 A Championship soon in Corbin. The Redhound nation supports him and it was never about the money, or being Lazy just ask PCC officials WHY he left. He never says nothing about PCC because he had some very good players there and he cared for his KIDS. Haddix could have over a Hundred kids out and on the roster and that's more than we have ever had even what we had this year was also and few basketball and baseball players can play also, but his style throwing and running the football and having more kids playing keeps them interested in playing the game of Football.

well said :Thumbs:
Guys. Take it from someone who knows. I promise you Corbin made a hire that will give the kids a coach that will outwork anyone. Kids ALL get a fair shot no matter who they are. Perry Central let go their shot at becoming perennially relevant in football. Haddix is hands down the best choice you could have made. Ask the kids how they are treated and what it's like now if you question Haddix. He will win big and kids love himAND his system.
Larkey will get Perry on track again.