•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 2015
I see 7-3 District Champs and a nice run in play-offs.
Who do they lose too?
Bunnies will bounce back. Fear the bunny! Good coaching will put them back to being competitive this year.
I see them losing to Beechwood and either Williamsburg or a district game. So I say 8-2 and should make it to the Region title game then who knows after that. They return a good QB and WR's and their RB is going to have a huge year this year. Their line is continuing to improve.
I think potential losses are to Rock, Hazard and Beechwood. 7-3 regular season and the 1 seed in that district. But I think all there games they have chances to win.
Multiple athletes at skilled positions should make for a very entertaining season. 7-2 would be a great turnaround imo
E's Army Wrote:Bunnies will bounce back. Fear the bunny! Good coaching will put them back to being competitive this year.

Was there a coaching change? I expected a great season last year. Failure was an understatement in 2014. There was more talent than they showed.
Somerset will be back!! Lucus is the best coach in the county.
DORMUS WOOD Wrote:Somerset will be back!! Lucus is the best coach in the county.

:please:Confusederiously::hilarious::hilarious:
somerset will be fine. I understand they were young last year, and played a stout schedule, and were in many of games, even was only a few points away in every district game. Looks like a pretty descent schedule, I look for them to win more than they lose this year.
Record means nothing. But I good run in the playoffs means everything. If they can make it to play NCC assuming they make it back where would that game be at?
bac2369 Wrote:Record means nothing. But I good run in the playoffs means everything. If they can make it to play NCC assuming they make it back where would that game be at?

Shelby Valley hosted NCC for the 2014 semis, so 2015 will be at NCC.
Did somerset lose any key players on either side of the ball?
Truth_Hurts Wrote:Did somerset lose any key players on either side of the ball?

Bricen Mcwilliams who was a bright spot in an abysmal season, Somersets MVP last year. Jacobi Gilmore, good offensive and defensive lineman. Two biggest losses I would say.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Mason co
Beechwood
Hazard
Rockastle
Perry cent
Caverna
LCA
Danville
Middlesboro

There is a 10th opponent but I don't know off hand

With no correll bowl will they have enough money to finish the season?
Willie Turnover Wrote:With no correll bowl will they have enough money to finish the season?

Will Pulaski or Southwestern? The profit made after paying the visiting school was split evenly three ways.
I would say yes. The Don Marshal bowl will bring in enough money to support both county programs.
Back on topic.

I think Somerset will be much improved next year. Coach Lucas and staff will have them ready to play this fall. With being a year older and stronger, the kids will be more apt to hold leads and finish out ball games this year.

Good Luck to you guys
Willie Turnover Wrote:Back on topic.

I think Somerset will be much improved next year. Coach Lucas and staff will have them ready to play this fall. With being a year older and stronger, the kids will be more apt to hold leads and finish out ball games this year.

Good Luck to you guys

Willie stop stalking somerset site and get back to SW, we don't want your lack of football knowlege getting out onto others teams board
wiznut Wrote:Willie stop stalking somerset site and get back to SW, we don't want your lack of football knowlege getting out onto others teams board

Everyone needs to stop talking. Me, You, and PJ Doug is the only 3 on this site that should be allowed to share our wealth of knowledge.
The more I read and hear chatter about this year's team, the more I want to see this O on the field together.
Lets just hope they dont get all pass happy like last year past and give ball games away. Have to adjust your scheme to fit your personel. They need to run a lot of zone read plays with their undersized line and let Doan do his thing, Hatcher is a good running threat too. Let Hatcher run the ball and throw PA passes. He isn't a pocket passer the 5 wide stuff with him trying to stand in the pocket makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Too hard for their lineman that they had last year to protect like that. If they dont try to get too fancy they should be fine.
Well if they line can't hold there blocks or not good at doing there jobs then throw screens and quick outs.
DORMUS WOOD Wrote:Somerset will be back!! Lucus is the best coach in the county.

Coach Lucas does not concern himself with how he ranks amongst coaches, or comparing himself to other's, rather he concerns himself about preparing his team's to be the best they can be; he has done a good job at that!
bac2369 Wrote:Well if they line can't hold there blocks or not good at doing there jobs then throw screens and quick outs.

The line will play at the highest level they can, Matt Singleton is a great line coach, and has helped develop several D-1 lineman. The OL will be fine and well coached!

New OC Lucas Ford is a great offensive mind! He was a HC last year and put up incredible offensive numbers where he was. He returns to Somerset and it will pay immediate dividends for sure.

I look for a very solid year from Somerset. I make no predictions on wins but this is a great coaching staff and they will get out of the kids all the kids can give! Would not be shocked if they win district and make a deep run in the playoffs.
The Cross Movement Wrote:The line will play at the highest level they can, Matt Singleton is a great line coach, and has helped develop several D-1 lineman. The OL will be fine and well coached!

New OC Lucas Ford is a great offensive mind! He was a HC last year and put up incredible offensive numbers where he was. He returns to Somerset and it will pay immediate dividends for sure.

I look for a very solid year from Somerset. I make no predictions on wins but this is a great coaching staff and they will get out of the kids all the kids can give! Would not be shocked if they win district and make a deep run in the playoffs.

I agree I think they will be fine. I think they will be very good. I hope to see them at Hazard in 2015.
Who are the players to watch for next year? No doubt coach Lucas and staff will do a great job but what players are going to make an impact and what's happening in the off season?
Who will be the impact players to watch out for next year?
Sorry for double post. I didn't think they posted my first one. I guess new members have to be monitored before post.
UK1998 Wrote:Who will be the impact players to watch out for next year?

Jumpers got a month head start in the weight room due to the first round exit. They should be much stronger going into the season. Sophomore and junior brothers josh and isaiah Cornett should have a big year at the wr spot. Doan in the backfield is always a house call threat. If hatcher is back at quarter then that's another great athlete in the backfield. Their lineman are all older and stronger, they really have a great group of skill guys working hard right now from what I'm told. Hope they can turn it around
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next