Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Jumpers have to be disappointed in last season's outcome. Somerset got better as the season went on, and should have ended the season probably somewhere around .500, but failed to close out games and were lacking in the strength and experience department. Jumpers return 9 offensively and 9 defensively from a predominately freshman/sophomore core that gained valuable experience during last years abysmal run. Where do they stand going into the season?

From accounts they are really working hard in the weight room and many if not most have gained a tremendous amount of strength during the early part of this off season. The return of some serious skill talent should help the cause to improve.
Didn't they have some more trouble with some players here recently that could have a major effect on their season?
I would think Somerset will be much improved in 2015.
johnnyd Wrote:Didn't they have some more trouble with some players here recently that could have a major effect on their season?

I think that player (singular not plural) has an opportunity to help his situation given certain stipulations. From what I understand he is fulfilling his end of the deal at this time. We'll see.
JumperPride1 Wrote:I think that player (singular not plural) has an opportunity to help his situation given certain stipulations. From what I understand he is fulfilling his end of the deal at this time. We'll see.

Somerset sure is a forgiving place.
johnnyd Wrote:Somerset sure is a forgiving place.

Yes, and I hope we are not all judged forever by mistakes we make when we're 18 years old. Punishment was mitigated and handled accordingly. That particular young man is not currently a part of the team.
Didn't this group of Sr's win state in middle school or did they transfer out?
Somerset should be fine.. Eager to possibly see them in Hazard next year.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Yes, and I hope we are not all judged forever by mistakes we make when we're 18 years old. Punishment was mitigated and handled accordingly. That particular young man is not currently a part of the team.

While I agree with giving second chances.... well third chances I guess in this case.... umm if they wouldn't have just slapped them on the wrist when they should have laid the hammer down maybe this wouldn't have happened.
Coach Lucas will have the Jumpers in the Hunt this year!
johnnyd Wrote:umm if they wouldn't have just slapped them on the wrist when they should have laid the hammer down maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Yeah, if . . . and maybe . . . hard to argue with that.

Somerset has enough kids with the intellect and character to right the ship, and those kids must lead. The rest need to follow or GTFO.
Somerset will be fine, always have been, always will be. This team will be a year older and stronger. Look for a fine season.
I've been told that one of the Powell twins that plays basketball will probably be the starting QB.
jim rome Wrote:I've been told that one of the Powell twins that plays basketball will probably be the starting QB.

Where is Castle Hatcher?? He was just a Jr.
jim rome Wrote:I've been told that one of the Powell twins that plays basketball will probably be the starting QB.

This ain't gonna happen.
Bunnies will bounce back next year. Freshmen and sophomores will be sophomores and juniors.
JumperPride1 Wrote:This ain't gonna happen.

I think you are wrong one of assistants says its a very good possibility that powell is better than hatcher
Trophy Room Wrote:I think you are wrong one of assistants says its a very good possibility that powell is better than hatcher

At basketball? Powell hasn't played football in a long time (if ever), doubt this happens. He's a good kid though
How's the shedule looking for the up-coming season?
Truth_Hurts Wrote:How's the shedule looking for the up-coming season?

Mason co
Beechwood
Hazard
Rockastle
Perry cent
Caverna
LCA
Danville
Middlesboro

There is a 10th opponent but I don't know off hand
JumperPride1 Wrote:Mason co
Beechwood
Hazard
Rockastle
Perry cent
Caverna
LCA
Danville
Middlesboro

Williamsburg?
Old Jumper Wrote:Williamsburg?

Yes, good call.
Looks like a good schedule for our boys to bounce back. Hoping for a heathy season
JumperPride1 Wrote:Mason co
Beechwood
Hazard
Rockastle
Perry cent
Caverna
LCA
Danville
Middlesboro

As usual Somerset not scared to schedule tough teams! This is a nother solid schedule, I fully expect Somerset to be in contention again! God speed to you guys! Wish you guys nothing but the best!
Murderous row there .....
bac2369 Wrote:Murderous row there .....

No "murderous murderers" on that schedule, but still plenty challenging enough for the Jumpers at this stage in their rebuild.

Haven't won a varsity or JV game since November of 2013. Even their intrasquad scrimmages have been scoreless ties. It's a process.
Historically every team except Caverna has had legitimate success. Rough year ahead of the Jumpers.
Definitely hope they stay healthy. I hope to see them in hazard next year.
You really have to commend Coach Lucas for putting together a competitive schedule, most coaches would have shyd away from some these teams if they were in his shoes. Somerset will get back on track, but people have to be patient every team has a stretch where they have to work through a rough patch?

This coaching staff is the same one that won 5 straight regional championships, 1 state final barely missing two more. They know how to prepare players and get them to compete at a high level. People need to be patient and let the process of getting back on top run it's course. They will get there! Support the coaches and players through the process.
I could see 6-4 season maybe 7-3. i look for the jumpers to make the turn this season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7