Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Has the date been set on that scrimmage ?
Truth_Hurts Wrote:Has the date been set on that scrimmage ?

will be the week before week zero I would imagine.
Something in my bones tells me that somerset will good this year.....And that's a good sign from 64SUR. :Cheerlead now I just hope Williamsburg and LCA can get a win.
64SUR Wrote:Something in my bones tells me that somerset will good this year.....And that's a good sign from 64SUR. :Cheerlead now I just hope Williamsburg and LCA can get a win.

I agree, Somerset will not be an easy win for anyone this year. I look for this team to be real good and make a long run in play-offs.:rockon:
64SUR Wrote:Something in my bones tells me that somerset will good this year.....And that's a good sign from 64SUR. :Cheerlead now I just hope Williamsburg and LCA can get a win.

Sounds like arthritis to me.
It wouldn't surprise me to see somerset pull off a few big wins, build their confidence and make a deep run in the playoffs. I like the upside of the returning core of players.
Somerset should be much improved. they have a good coaching staff.
Somerset will be a different team this year and will make a run in 2a.
Just thought I would make a post after watching the Jumpers play 7 on 7 at Corbin and the Lindsey Wilson tournament for all you Jumper fans. Our skill positions of quarterback, receiver, running back, defensive back and linebacker ALL look VERY good during these games. We lost to CAL (who is ranked in the top 3 of AA) in the semi final at Lindsey Wilson 22-21. CAL went on to win the tournament. We had our chances to win the game, we just didn't make the plays when we needed to. If this team can BLOCK and TACKLE when the REAL season starts, I like our chances to beat ANY team on our schedule.
Somerset was very impressive at LW 7 on 7. They have a number of options to throw to and the 'little' RB is a speedster and built like a tank. They should be much improved.
shs74 Wrote:Just thought I would make a post after watching the Jumpers play 7 on 7 at Corbin and the Lindsey Wilson tournament for all you Jumper fans. Our skill positions of quarterback, receiver, running back, defensive back and linebacker ALL look VERY good during these games. We lost to CAL (who is ranked in the top 3 of AA) in the semi final at Lindsey Wilson 22-21. CAL went on to win the tournament. We had our chances to win the game, we just didn't make the plays when we needed to. If this team can BLOCK and TACKLE when the REAL season starts, I like our chances to beat ANY team on our schedule.

Thanks for the update!
Will somerset be involved in aNY more 7 on 7s? Also any official word on the scrimmage location time/date?
Truth_Hurts Wrote:Will somerset be involved in aNY more 7 on 7s? Also any official word on the scrimmage location time/date?

I haven't heard of anymore 7v7s

Scrimmage is 8/13 @ Madison Southern 6:00.
I expect Somerset to mimic the turnaround Southwestern had

I am going to say it would not shock me one bit to see them go from 0-10 to playing in the Semi-Finals.
Heard a lot of good things about Bunnies after their 7 on 7 in Corbin. Beware the Bunnies!
I'm hearing a lot of good chatter about the O, how's the defense looking at this point?
Somerset will be back this year. They will win district and make another deep run. I look for them to make it to semis
AnswertheBell Wrote:Somerset will be back this year. They will win district and make another deep run. I look for them to make it to semis

I wouldn't annoint them yet. They're a great group of kids but, while they may be more experienced, they're still young. They'll start a plethora of sophomores. This group of kids seems to really like each other though, I saw their end of camp gathering at the pool last night and they're thick as thieves. This may not go down as the greatest team in SHS history by a LONG shot but they'll win some games and be fun to watch I think. Looking forward to the season.
I was just looking at the level of play in both districts. I think you will find Somerset and Shelby Valley in region finals. Danville and Leslie could pull upset. I just think Somerset has the edge in region right now. Who knows what can happen when injuries and other factors play in.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I was just looking at the level of play in both districts. I think you will find Somerset and Shelby Valley in region finals. Danville and Leslie could pull upset. I just think Somerset has the edge in region right now. Who knows what can happen when injuries and other factors play in.

I love the enthusiasm and would go as far to say as they're as athletic as I've ever seen them. Trying to keep myself grounded as a fan but they COULD be special
No doubt this team will be exciting to watch though out the season, glad to hear the kids are gelLing, much easier to handle the ups and downs when the lockeroom isn't divided.
Truth_Hurts Wrote:No doubt this team will be exciting to watch though out the season, glad to hear the kids are gelLing, much easier to handle the ups and downs when the lockeroom isn't divided.

This, maybe above all else. Kids that truly care for each other are hard to break. Last years jumpers, tragically, lacked some of that selfless "team above all else" attitude. That was apparent on the field unfortunately. That's not dogging that group, it's just an opinion as an outsider looking in. From all accounts the current jumpers are selfless and hungry. All of this praise I hope they perform and make us all look good for being so positive about a group that hasn't won a game since pburg in the regional finals of 2013!
Selflessness goes a long ways in the game of football.
The kids strap up this week. How are they looking in the trenches? O? D?
I'm tellin ya... I am really impressed with Somerset. They are very very athletic. If they have good line play, they will go far. Not a doubt in my mind.
I was able to make a practice and in my opinion the biggest improvement I seen was the line. The boys in the trenches played with aggression and purpose both offensively and defensively. Pass protection needs work but thus is the 1st part of August, jumpers coaching staff will make adjustments and these kids will be a tough out.
Also the skilled positions looked mid season form. You'll be hard pressed to find a better 3 of Hatcher,Doan,& Cornett.......again just my opinion
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7