•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class A Pre-Season Top 10
The burg just loses wayyyy too much talent 64.
mysonis55 Wrote:1). Beechwood
2). Russellville
3). Hazard
4). Raceland
5). Holy Cross
6). Frankfort
7). Williamsburg
8). Paintsville
9). Fair view
10) Crittendon County

That looks about right. If Phelps is healthy and back to 100% i may put them right along side HC. All of the eastern team lose some significant play makers. Its going to boil down who can get the most out of their new guys and younger players.
Which is why as it stands right now, i have to put BW has a heavy favorite. But everyone thought. MF was at least 4 scores better than Wburg. Im excited for next years alignment really. I think all classes will be more competitive. Heck, the 6a system may end up working out. Still wish they'd change it to the top 2 in the playoffs.
Ive said it 1000 times and never got a reply, but idk how the KHSAA can let everyone in 1A in the playoffs, but one team. I dr remember the exact districts, But the Raceland disteict has 3 teams, another other has 6. The 5th place seed goes to our district as the 4th seed and the 6th place team does not make the playoffs. How in gods glorious name is that okay?
2). Russellville
3). Hazard
4). Raceland
5). Holy Cross
6). Frankfort
7). Williamsburg
8). Paintsville
9). Fair view
10) Crittendon County

I haveto disagree Mysonis55

1. Williamsburg ( untill someone beats them )
2. Beechwood
3. Paintsville ( just because I want to )
4. Russellville
5. Frankfort
6. Raceland ( I want be shocked to see them in bowling green )
7.Pikeville ( who knows )
8.Campbellville ( Could be a sleeper in the west )
9.Holy Cross
10. Pineville

No hazard Mysonis55...:HitWall:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Ive said it 1000 times and never got a reply, but idk how the KHSAA can let everyone in 1A in the playoffs, but one team. I dr remember the exact districts, But the Raceland disteict has 3 teams, another other has 6. The 5th place seed goes to our district as the 4th seed and the 6th place team does not make the playoffs. How in gods glorious name is that okay?
After years of Nicholas Co. being in Raceland's district, it does seem strange to move them to another one when the two districts in that region are so unbalanced. Maybe Nicholas requested the move to avoid the further road games?
2). Russellville
3). Hazard
4). Raceland
5). Holy Cross
6). Frankfort
7). Williamsburg
8). Paintsville
9). Fair view
10) Crittendon County
I don't see how you are leaving Pikeville off of this. They return arguably one of the better backs in the Eastern part of the state, still have a good core of depth at the receiver and line positions as well. I understand the game against Paintsville May color your thoughts on this some, but that was truly a one-off game. I know every player on the team would love to have that game back. I guess Pikeville will just have to earn it back next year. Oh, and for those Johnson Central fans who say wrestling is a big benefit to football players, Pikeville now has a wrestling team. Hopefully we will see some benefits from it, I'm intrigued to see if it really does help.
Any pre-season Class A top 10 that doesn't include Hazard and Pikeville cannot be taken seriously, IMO. They may play their way out of the top 10, but I'll have to see it first. With what the have coming back, I believe Paintsville and Raceland will be the pre-season favorites in the east. Probably Beechwood and Russellville in the west.
I would like to know what Holy Cross returns and loses?
Beechwood
Russellville
Raceland
Frankfort
Williamaburg
Paitsville
Hazard
Fairview
Holy Cross
Capmbellsville/Critt. co/Paris
Does any one have any info on Bishop Brossart or Bellevue?
Williamsburg has a pretty big JR class that will be Srs next year and have gotten alot of pt in the past 2 years. What can anyone say about them?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Williamsburg has a pretty big JR class that will be Srs next year and have gotten alot of pt in the past 2 years. What can anyone say about them?

I will guarantee you Williamsburg will be throwing the ball for sure...Confusednicker:
If Griffith's brother plays, that would help them a great deal. What kind of line do the Jackets expect to have?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Beechwood
Russellville
Raceland
Frankfort
Williamaburg
Paitsville
Hazard
Fairview
Holy Cross
Capmbellsville/Critt. co/Paris
I can't take this seriously, Scotty. Sorry, I normally am very support active of your posts because they are usually well thought out or defended. But I can't for the life of me understand why you and 55 insist on putting Crittenden County on here over Pikeville. You are talking about a 2A program dropping down to 1A, yes, but at 2A program that struggled to put away WEBSTER County!

Everyone is putting WAY too much emphasis on Pikeville losing Estep and Charles. Big players, yes. But coach Mac has the program at the point now where the depth steps in. I can't give Crittenden County any places on the list until they beat someone of note. Heck, Fulton City kept it respectable 36-14 in a loss to Critt County.
PHSForever Wrote:I don't see how you are leaving Pikeville off of this. They return arguably one of the better backs in the Eastern part of the state, still have a good core of depth at the receiver and line positions as well. I understand the game against Paintsville May color your thoughts on this some, but that was truly a one-off game. I know every player on the team would love to have that game back. I guess Pikeville will just have to earn it back next year. Oh, and for those Johnson Central fans who say wrestling is a big benefit to football players, Pikeville now has a wrestling team. Hopefully we will see some benefits from it, I'm intrigued to see if it really does help.

I bet Paintsville would love to have the 2014 home game back as well for sure. It was an off game for them too.
PHSForever Wrote:I can't take this seriously, Scotty. Sorry, I normally am very support active of your posts because they are usually well thought out or defended. But I can't for the life of me understand why you and 55 insist on putting Crittenden County on here over Pikeville. You are talking about a 2A program dropping down to 1A, yes, but at 2A program that struggled to put away WEBSTER County!

Everyone is putting WAY too much emphasis on Pikeville losing Estep and Charles. Big players, yes. But coach Mac has the program at the point now where the depth steps in. I can't give Crittenden County any places on the list until they beat someone of note. Heck, Fulton City kept it respectable 36-14 in a loss to Critt County.

Hard to look at a 1A poll without Pikeville and Hazard, but it happens unfortunately.
PHSForever Wrote:I can't take this seriously, Scotty. Sorry, I normally am very support active of your posts because they are usually well thought out or defended. But I can't for the life of me understand why you and 55 insist on putting Crittenden County on here over Pikeville. You are talking about a 2A program dropping down to 1A, yes, but at 2A program that struggled to put away WEBSTER County!

Pikeville in my mind definitely opens ahead of Hazard if nothing else.
64SUR Wrote:I will guarantee you Williamsburg will be throwing the ball for sure...Confusednicker:

64 it will be great to play the Burg next year, see ya soon and great job this year. Was really pulling for you guys
I think the title is getting to #55's brain. I agree that Pike and H should be there and Crittenden shouldn't until they show a reason they should after a really bad couple years
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I think the title is getting to #55's brain. I agree that Pike and H should be there and Crittenden shouldn't until they show a reason they should after a really bad couple years

Crittenden County may be mysonis55 sleeper team. Confusednicker:

I didnt mean to exclude Pikeville. I would put then right around Frankfort and Wburg. That was not intended.
Beechwood
Russellville
Raceland
Frankfort
Williamsburg
Paintsville
Pikeville
Hazard
Fairview
Holy Cross

Revised: idk how i left Pikeville off.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Beechwood
Russellville
Raceland
Frankfort
Williamsburg
Paintsville
Pikeville
Hazard
Fairview
Holy Cross

Revised: idk how i left Pikeville off.

Fairview will be dangerous with Roy
Are you referring to second round Pikeville?
mysonis55 Wrote:Are you referring to second round Pikeville?

Me? No I was referring to the Paintsville regular season home game of of 2014 if that is your question ?
What yall are missing about Crittendon is this. They have a great coach, ex college coach. They also have a large number of sophomores that have been playing since freshmen. I think coach realized they are his best shot at winning in a while and he passed over upper class players for these youngsters. They also are supposed to have a lot of speed. I have some inside info on this bunch.
TigerBlues Wrote:Fairview will be dangerous with Roy

They have to develop some sort of Running game to compliment him though. I thought we were in troubke against them in the playoffs, when he threw for 105 and 2 TDs in the first half. Then we played switched from our standard 4-3 to a 4-2 with and dropped Davidson back to a Nickel db and it was he through for 65 yds and no TDs in the 2nd half. We topped it off by only allowing 14 yds rushing. Their run defense has got to get better as well. They allowed almost 900 yards in the 2 Raceland games. Throw in the other dostrict opponents and they gave up over 1,000 yards rishing in 3 games.
My point is, it is very hard to put the over hyped Panthers in. They were the team that was first going to beat Williamsburg and then us. As a matter of fact some of you posters were calling us crazy for thinking otherwise. Now they lose in round two and you still want them to be give a prime spot.
I think with what everyone loses in the east, 55, the Panthers have to be in the top 10.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next