Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Rockcastle
Panther#42 Wrote:How early is early?

Well this past friday against Ashland, me and my uncle got out there at like 6 and there were ALOT of people already in the stands. We ended up sitting about 15-20 rows up on Ashlands side (there were just as many JC fans over there than Ashland fans). IDK how many people Rock will bring, but there will be even more fans for JC this coming week, so if they wanna seat they better get out there fairly early as well. It's gonna be cold this weekend so I won't be sitting, I believe I'll be on the track. Gets woo cold when you sit, know what I mean Panther. To answer your question, I'd say roughly around 6:30-6:45 at the latest. Not only for a seat (if you wanna sit), but a decent parking space in the plaza, or you will end up parking by Big Sandy Superstore, LONG walk.
Im pulling for JC so
JC-21
Rock-16
i think this is gonna be a great game which both D's are gonna be play unbelieveable D..im takin Rock

Rock-12
Jc-6
Panther#42 Wrote:How early is early?

My husband and I got there around 5:30 this past Friday and by 6:00 the stands were getting full. We plan to be there by 5:00 this Friday
I think this week I'm going to get there around 6:30 and just stand on the track, try to follow the ball if I can....I know last weekend I was cramped up in the corner.
jc-21
rock-7
JC:30
rock:14
I wouldnt mind to go to this game if i could but i bet it will be another heck of a game!!
It is very hard for me to pick a winner. I remember rock beating us pretty solidly last year but the nest is tough place to play. That being said I think Rock is the better team but JC is rolling now and with home field I'll take

JC-14
Rock-13
Best defense JC has seen all year. Should be a real close game. I'll take JC though.
I think Rock's defense held Bell County to zero first downs in the first half the other night. I don't see Johnson Central winning this one. It is hard to run the ball at Rock with those big, strong defensive lineman. Rock 21-7.
Hope both teams have a great game. I see JC winning by a few.
Wow! This is going to be a good one! gotta go with JC 28-14. Jc pulls away in the forth!
This will be the best game I've watched all year other than the Belfry-SC game. I'll take JC by no more than 7.
I predict JC in a close one. This is the way it should be, the two best teams in this end of the state head to head. Rock is Rock and always well coached and JC has some tough, talented kids with big hearts and a great coach. I feel that both defenses will set the tone and this will be a hard hitting, smashmouth close game.

I know Coach Matney will have the team ready to go and rest assured that Dails and Tackett will be ready to play regardless of any injuries they have.

I have followed the JC program for many years and remember just four years ago suffering through a 1 win season. Our Seniors were Freshmen then and I am sure they remember that. Now we are playing for the region title with one of the most respected programs in the state. The JC Board and Staff need to be complimented on hiring and supporting Coach Matney.

Coach Matney has got the job done and in short order. He is a great coach! In addition to his coaching he is a sound christian man who prays on the field with his players and sets an excellent example.

Congrats Coach Matney on your new son TD and I hope you will coach him someday at JC in a classic like we will see Friday night.
Rock always shows up to play with a powerful defense and a speedy offense. I'm gonna pull for JC this week but if they thought Ashland was good Friday they are in for a rude awakening. Rockcastle is a tough team to beat....even if your at home...they come from a district with alot of strong teams...especially Bell County. JC's biggest challenge was Ashland which compared to the Rock....not that good.......JC needs to be prepared ...very prepared if they want to take this one........If JC comes prepared and minimal mistakes.
JC-21
RC-14
Mental mistakes, fumbles, etc.
RC-35
JC-14
Good luck to both teams....should be a great game.
Love 2 see JC take this one..
HazzBeen Wrote:I think Rock's defense held Bell County to zero first downs in the first half the other night. I don't see Johnson Central winning this one. It is hard to run the ball at Rock with those big, strong defensive lineman. Rock 21-7.

Does their d-line still do the submarine technique that I remember them doing against us last year? That works well it can wear on an o-line and it makes it about impossible to open up big wholes down in the trenches!
rock by 12 in ot
I'll be at this game. I can't wait! I think is going to be a VERY close and exciting game! GO ROCKETS!!
ill take rock in this one....i would love to go to this one.....it will be a game for the ages!!!!!
28-7 Rock
Hands_80 Wrote:ill take rock in this one....i would love to go to this one.....it will be a game for the ages!!!!!
28-7 Rock

28-7 doesnt sound like a game for the ages, sounds like a blowout...
This will be a slobberknocker. JC 21-14
haha slobberknocker haven't heard that word in a while haha
Yeah me too, I'm all for Johnson Central.

I'm gonna say 21-28 Johnson Central.
ima say 21-28 johnson central
The Eagles will take this one. I think that they will score more points on the Rock than any other team this season.
Rock shows JC what a loss is for the first time this year.
JC may not win it all this year... But I say give Matney 5 more years and he'll have his state championship
softbally_8 Wrote:rock by 12 in ot

Smile Hummm, are you aware that if this game was to go to OT(overtime) as you suggested that it would be impossible for either team to win by 12. The most that you could win by in a OT period would be 8 points.