Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co
67.74%
Knox
32.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Knox Central 11-14
panther nation Wrote:We played Taylor there because it was really a bad messy field. After playing Corbin in that rain bath and then all the ran from last Wed just made not safe to play on. But now it hasn't rained since and none forecasted for a week or so will give it time to dry out. The field will be playable but not much grass between the hashes.

Boyle may win but by no means will it be a blow out. Look for the panthers to give the rebels all they want and then some.

Knox couldn't put Taylor away till late in the fourth quarter, and Taylor was the fourth place team in our district go back and look at the scores and think about it for awhile .
cctiger Wrote:Jack looks like with you guys going to Knox you all may be down 21 already. From what it looks like there is a magical hurricane hitting in the mountains this week. Glad prestonsburg is coming this way. Good luck to you guys.
:hilarious:

Huge hurricane. It'll be so big it may even wash the mountains away. We'll call it hurricane cctiger, just for you buddy. Sound good? Or hurricane smartas*. Same thing right?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Knox couldn't put Taylor away till late in the fourth quarter, and Taylor was the fourth place team in our district go back and look at the scores and think about it for awhile .

Lexington Catholic beat Boyle and Lexington catholic only beat Taylor by 5 points. 13-8. your argument is invalid.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Lexington Catholic beat Boyle and Lexington catholic only beat Taylor by 5 points. 13-8. your argument is invalid.

I'm throwing in the towel, but you may change your mind late Friday night.
I hope it's a great game. Be safe driving down here.
I am pulling for the men of Knox. I see a win in a close hard fought battle.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:I hope it's a great game. Be safe driving down here.

I will I enjoy visiting eastern ky.
Are the 12 days of Christmas up yet? Enjoyed driving through Barbourville going to the Bell County games of 2008 & 2010.
Rebel55 Wrote:Are the 12 days of Christmas up yet? Enjoyed driving through Barbourville going to the Bell County games of 2008 & 2010.

As of today their not but that could change by this weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Jack Lambert Wrote:Knox couldn't put Taylor away till late in the fourth quarter, and Taylor was the fourth place team in our district go back and look at the scores and think about it for awhile .

The only reason Taylor was in it till late was the 3 fumbles that Knox committed. If it wasn't for that it would have been over early. As long as the panthers don't shoot themselves with turnovers they will be in this game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Jack Lambert Wrote:I will I enjoy visiting eastern ky.

Looking forward to having you here Jack!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Jack Lambert Wrote:Why would you play Taylor at union and Boyle on a field that some of you have said was unsafe, unless you thought Taylor was gonna be a cakewalk and you want every advantage possible against Boyle on a bad field. As far as the sprinklers go I guess we'll find out Friday since its not suppose to rain all week.

Trying to gain an advantage and watering a football field that makes unsafe conditions for both teams is a bunch of crap. Intentionally putting kids at risk for potentially career threatening injuries is just plain ridiculous. Having little grass on the field shouldn't be an issue this Friday when there's no rain forecast for the week. If we arrive to a mud hole, action should be taken. I'm not saying Knox has or would do this, because I don't know, but the way everybody talks, it's a good possibility. I hope they're wrong.
Rebel55 Wrote:Going to be interesting. Boyle's first team D has not giving up a point the last 4 games. Hard to say how this game will play out until I see what kinda shape the field is in.

Pretty sure that was Boyle's first team D that gave up Russel Co's first TD last Friday.
Folks calm down. We are not as crooked as you apparently think we are. Learned today that knox is putting sand down on the field to try and help the process. They'll have the field ready. Just relax. Stop by Pizza Hut and grab some wings before the game and enjoy the show.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Folks calm down. We are not as crooked as you apparently think we are. Learned today that knox is putting sand down on the field to try and help the process. They'll have the field ready. Just relax. Stop by Pizza Hut and grab some wings before the game and enjoy the show.

I'm not getting excited, and I'm not saying you're 'crooked'. This almost seems to be an accepted strategy for some in high school football, but one I have always highly disagreed with. I would say the same if Boyle ever did it before we got turf. We went to Bell Co one year in the playoffs and it hadn't been above freezing for days. Game time temp was 16 and when we walked up to the field, there were puddles of water around the edge of the field that hadn't frozen. And then there was the E. Jessamine fiasco where sprinklers were left on for the whole week and water was still running off the field when the game was over. That game should have never been played. I'm glad to hear it won't be an issue this Friday.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:What makes you all think Boyle will kill knox... At knox? The only home loss was to Corbin and that was by 14 points. Corbin will compete for a state title... Boyle may win but it won't be by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I'll be surprised if Boyle doesn't win by 3 touchdowns or more.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Why would you play Taylor at union and Boyle on a field that some of you have said was unsafe, unless you thought Taylor was gonna be a cakewalk and you want every advantage possible against Boyle on a bad field. As far as the sprinklers go I guess we'll find out Friday since its not suppose to rain all week.

thats a good question.
panther nation Wrote:We played Taylor there because it was really a bad messy field. After playing Corbin in that rain bath and then all the ran from last Wed just made not safe to play on. But now it hasn't rained since and none forecasted for a week or so will give it time to dry out. The field will be playable but not much grass between the hashes.

Boyle may win but by no means will it be a blow out. Look for the panthers to give the rebels all they want and then some.

I would like to see Knox win, but I honestly think it will be a blowout.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I will I enjoy visiting eastern ky.

sometimes I enjoy driving up 150 to Danville :biggrin:
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:I'm not getting excited, and I'm not saying you're 'crooked'. This almost seems to be an accepted strategy for some in high school football, but one I have always highly disagreed with. I would say the same if Boyle ever did it before we got turf. We went to Bell Co one year in the playoffs and it hadn't been above freezing for days. Game time temp was 16 and when we walked up to the field, there were puddles of water around the edge of the field that hadn't frozen. And then there was the E. Jessamine fiasco where sprinklers were left on for the whole week and water was still running off the field when the game was over. That game should have never been played. I'm glad to hear it won't be an issue this Friday.

KHSAA needs to start monitoring this stuff more closely:biglmao:
Play on a bad field for Boyle but not Taylor.
playoff trips to Eastern Kentucky, Boyle is 5-1 enjoy the drive and the upset Knox Central channels the Bell co win in 2008 by 3 in a mud bowl.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:I'm not getting excited, and I'm not saying you're 'crooked'. This almost seems to be an accepted strategy for some in high school football, but one I have always highly disagreed with. I would say the same if Boyle ever did it before we got turf. We went to Bell Co one year in the playoffs and it hadn't been above freezing for days. Game time temp was 16 and when we walked up to the field, there were puddles of water around the edge of the field that hadn't frozen. And then there was the E. Jessamine fiasco where sprinklers were left on for the whole week and water was still running off the field when the game was over. That game should have never been played. I'm glad to hear it won't be an issue this Friday.

Everytime Boyle came to Bell County there was never a field issue at all.
BoyleCounty Wrote:This has a chance to be an interesting game. Can Boyle County keep the momentum going? Knox Central is a really good team but pending a few factors I will take Boyle County 42-13 for now.

You know me I'm bias too much to one team... But I want to see Boyle Co win just because I do not want to travel to Knox Central to watch Lex Cath vs KC. And on the flip side, I to want to see KC win because we all know that Boyle Co poses a more threat to Lex Catholic.
Quote:Knox couldn't put Taylor away till late in the fourth quarter, and Taylor was the fourth place team in our district go back and look at the scores and think about it for awhile . - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...CmSGP.dpuf

Sometimes the matchups are better against different teams. Just my 2cp worth.
Sand will make it even more slow for Boyle. Good game plan by Knox.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Everytime Boyle came to Bell County there was never a field issue at all.

I agree Bell's field has always been great when ever Boyle visited, I think he may have been talking about Breathitt co.
Breathitt county was terrible. I remember I got their early I think it was like 96 and the fire trucks were leaving as I was pulling in. Also the fans stood behind the bleachers and were shooting eggs in to the stands. Needless to say boyle got beat and it was a long ride home. I also remember boyle playing prestonsburg their head coach got ejected went on the roof of the school and was calling plays from there. I think boyle got beat then as well.
cctiger Wrote:Breathitt county was terrible. I remember I got their early I think it was like 96 and the fire trucks were leaving as I was pulling in. Also the fans stood behind the bleachers and were shooting eggs in to the stands. Needless to say boyle got beat and it was a long ride home. I also remember boyle playing prestonsburg their head coach got ejected went on the roof of the school and was calling plays from there. I think boyle got beat then as well.

The Pburg game was in 2000 and even without Travis Leffew on the field Boyle won by about fifty.
Boyle Co