Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Predictions (NCAA Bracket Style)
jetpilot Wrote:No way to know this until Wburg plays a team with a pulse.

Take Belfry off your schedule jetpilot and Williamsburg pulse is about the same. Pike had a good run playing 4 of there 1st five games at home. Williamsburg play Wayne County,Harrison County and Newport on the road 3 straight Friday nights. Williamsburg is coming to Pikeville or somewhere maybe Raceland. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Take Belfry off your schedule jetpilot and Williamsburg pulse is about the same. Pike had a good run playing 4 of there 1st five games at home. Williamsburg play Wayne County,Harrison County and Newport on the road 3 straight Friday nights. Williamsburg is coming to Pikeville or somewhere maybe Raceland. :truestory:

Not even close 64. You need to check the nondistrict records of teams faced. Williamsburg has yet to face a good team, period. Hope to see the Burg in Pikeville.
jetpilot Wrote:Not even close 64. You need to check the nondistrict records of teams faced. Williamsburg has yet to face a good team, period. Hope to see the Burg in Pikeville.

You are telling me and everybody on BGR. that south laurel,Wayne County,Pike County Central,Campbellville and Newport are bad teams. Keep your eyes open this weekend to all of these teams except south laurel and south Laurel was 2 seconds away knocking Madison Southern out of the playoff....something to think about......:phone:
jetpilot Wrote:Not even close 64. You need to check the nondistrict records of teams faced. Williamsburg has yet to face a good team, period. Hope to see the Burg in Pikeville.

i agree. Hazard, Mboror, Prestonsburg, all as good or better than Newport which was Wburg's toughest task. Home or away, Pikeville has a mic tougher schedule.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i agree. Hazard, Mboror, Prestonsburg, all as good or better than Newport which was Wburg's toughest task. Home or away, Pikeville has a mic tougher schedule.

Scotty_Bronson just sayin those game all took 4qtr....Williamsburg really don't know how good they are in the east....Clock is ticking we will see if I'm wrong about the east in 1A in 2 or 3 weeks...schedules are overrated this group of senior lost to 2011 STATE CHAMPION HAZARD,This group of senior lost to HAZARD again on a miracle play by JORDAN OLINGER in 2012, This group of Senior went to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game in 2013 and got smoke by Mayfield and now these senior has something to prove in 1A WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP :Cheerlead or atleast to make it back to the dance. :blonde:
64SUR Wrote:Scotty_Bronson just sayin those game all took 4qtr....Williamsburg really don't know how good they are in the east....Clock is ticking we will see if I'm wrong about the east in 1A in 2 or 3 weeks...schedules are overrated this group of senior lost to 2011 STATE CHAMPION HAZARD,This group of senior lost to HAZARD again on a miracle play by JORDAN OLINGER in 2012, This group of Senior went to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game in 2013 and got smoke by Mayfield and now these senior has something to prove in 1A WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP :Cheerlead or atleast to make it back to the dance. :blonde:

I tried doing this in my head but it looks like....

Williamsburg opponents are 37-63

Pikeville opponents are 54-44

Even if you take out belfry its not that close. It sounds like Williamsburg's seniors have had a lot of success with each other and that does play a huge role in the playoffs. Mayfield doesn't have the strongest schedule, but it doesn't hurt them at all. They win regardless. So the schedule isn't a sure fire reason for a team to win or lose, and I think it only speaks to how tested they are. The schedule may not play a role at all in Williamsburg's outcome this year. In the end its all about the players and how they execute.
64SUR Wrote:You are telling me and everybody on BGR. that south laurel,Wayne County,Pike County Central,Campbellville and Newport are bad teams. Keep your eyes open this weekend to all of these teams except south laurel and south Laurel was 2 seconds away knocking Madison Southern out of the playoff....something to think about......:phone:

Think about it jetpilot all four teams won tonight remember the burg. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Think about it jetpilot all four teams won tonight remember the burg. Confusednicker:

Yeah they beat 3 pitiful teams and one team that was just bad. 96 teams won tonight, big deal.:ChairHit:
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Looks pretty solid to me. Campbellsville/Pineville in round 1 should be a good one. I really like the young Pineville QB. Heck of a bus ride though. Always hard to pick against Beechwood, but Frankfort is strong and fast. So, sometimes "chalk" is what you get.

Right as usual. :eyeroll:
Darn you Berea for messing up what I hoped would be my only perfect first round.
Real playoffs start next week in 1A. First 2 rounds are warm ups.
baseball1974 Wrote:I tried doing this in my head but it looks like....

Williamsburg opponents are 37-63

Pikeville opponents are 54-44

Even if you take out belfry its not that close. It sounds like Williamsburg's seniors have had a lot of success with each other and that does play a huge role in the playoffs. Mayfield doesn't have the strongest schedule, but it doesn't hurt them at all. They win regardless. So the schedule isn't a sure fire reason for a team to win or lose, and I think it only speaks to how tested they are. The schedule may not play a role at all in Williamsburg's outcome this year. In the end its all about the players and how they execute.

it wont be close when they play Williamsburg because the Jackets are bringing a running clockConfusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:it wont be close when they play Williamsburg because the Jackets are bringing a running clockConfusednicker:

Pikeville want know what hit them. They will think a swarm of bee's is after them running backward. :lmao:
pjdoug Wrote:it wont be close when they play Williamsburg because the Jackets are bringing a running clockConfusednicker:

No way williamsburg puts a running clock on pikeville.

Will it be the same kind of running clock they brought to Bowling Green?

:lmao:
their running clock will stop once they enter the confines of either Howard Field of Ram Stadium. MARK IT DOWN.
*OR Ram Stadium
The Panthers or Rams will be serving up some crow to Mr 64
mayfield_9 Wrote:Will it be the same kind of running clock they brought to Bowling Green?

Williamsburg always switches running clocks when they get deeper in the playoffs. No more CUPCAKES burg.:biggrin:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The Panthers or Rams will be serving up some crow to Mr 64

I hope the rams beat the burg. 64 is about 1 loss from dumping the burg. Hopefully he will be hitching a ride on the big red machine soon.
Look for the burg to be shell-shocked if/when they are welcomed to Hillard Howard field in Pikeville. Cupcakes will come back to bite them.TongueirateSho
64SUR Wrote:Pikeville want know what hit them. They will think a swarm of bee's is after them running backward. :lmao:

:trolldad:
mayfield_9 Wrote:Will it be the same kind of running clock they brought to Bowling Green?

good one Confusednicker:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The Panthers or Rams will be serving up some crow to Mr 64

The orange bees are going to beat your rams worse than they did last year :Thumbs:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Look for the burg to be shell-shocked if/when they are welcomed to Hillard Howard field in Pikeville. Cupcakes will come back to bite them.TongueirateSho

Who shell-shocked now Big Five-0....I couldn't help myself my day is coming....I think :mop:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:their running clock will stop once they enter the confines of either Howard Field of Ram Stadium. MARK IT DOWN.

Right now Scotty_Bronson you have a 50% chance of MARK IT DOWN....Williamsburg is coming somewhere up east. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Who shell-shocked now Big Five-0....I couldn't help myself my day is coming....I think :mop:

I am for one. Good luck, and injury free games to Williamsburg the rest of the way.

jetpilot Wrote:Yeah they beat 3 pitiful teams and one team that was just bad. 96 teams won tonight, big deal.:ChairHit:

48 teams won Friday. No big deal.
Paintsville one of 48.
64SUR Wrote:Who shell-shocked now Big Five-0....I couldn't help myself my day is coming....I think :mop: