Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Predictions (NCAA Bracket Style)
[Image: http://masguild.com/images/1a.png]
Nice. I cant even begin to decide who is coming out of the east. all season long I have been riding Pikeville with Williamsburg being a close second. But Hazard has been in this situation before, thats under the radar, and they suprised some people. Kind of feel the same about Raceland, so nothing will really shock me in the east outside of any of the region favorites getting knocked out before round 3.
I don't see Beechwood losing before Mayfield. Frankfort beat a descent Danville squad, but Beechwood has been on a tear since their first two games. The big thing that pops into my mind with these two teams is the Franklin County game. Beechwood embarrased Franklin 42-13, and just a week prior to that Frankfort got beat by Franklin 22-13. Not too mention, Franklin County is a team you picked to go to the final four. I just don't understand the logic in that pick, but it's the playoffs and anything can happen and obviously does happen.
Beechwood will get by Frankfort
Blank 1A Bracket
You have crushed 64SUR.....

I do see two Pike County teams winning the state championship.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I have my final four being Mayfield vs Beechwood and Williamsburg vs Pikeville
Champ game- Mayfield vs Williamsburg
Champs-Mayfield
If there is a 2nd Mayfield - Russelville game in the third round, that game would be at Mayfield correct? If so, I do not think the outcome will be as close as was the game in Russellville.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You have crushed 64SUR.....

Not crushed Pulp Fiction I really see two Whitley county team winning the state Championship...1A Williamsburg and 3A Corbin football fever is running wild. :Cheerlead
64, if your boys make it this year, I hope they score at least once. I don't think they will though. Better defense this year.
64SUR Wrote:Not crushed Pulp Fiction I really see two Whitley county team winning the state Championship...1A Williamsburg and 3A Corbin football fever is running wild. :Cheerlead

I don't agree with you, however, I think you can never predict some things that happen in the playoffs and if both of these teams get a few breaks then I could definitely see it happening. Corbin more so than Williamsburg, but again you never know. Mayfield is just too tough at the moment.
I dont know 55, there seems to be some quality 1a teams this year, and that includes the east side as well. I dont think the west is as far ahead as it was last year.

baseball1974 Wrote:I don't agree with you, however, I think you can never predict some things that happen in the playoffs and if both of these teams get a few breaks then I could definitely see it happening. Corbin more so than Williamsburg, but again you never know. Mayfield is just too tough at the moment.

Baseball 1974 Mayfield has their hands full with Russellville and Beechwood.....Williamsburg road is much easier. :Cheerlead
mysonis55 Wrote:64, if your boys make it this year, I hope they score at least once. I don't think they will though. Better defense this year.

Bullcrap on defense being better. Confusednicker:
If mayfield csn keep the penalties low like the 2nd half against caldwell i like our chances. Our offense is pretty good when we dont kill our drives with penalties.
64SUR Wrote:Baseball 1974 Mayfield has their hands full with Russellville and Beechwood.....Williamsburg road is much easier. :Cheerlead

Oh I agree, and if they get upset then its a different story. Hazard poses an issue for you too. If that happens though, and Mayfield gets upset, I think Williamsburg, Pikeville, and Beechwood have the best chances of winning it.
Defense is better 64.
With all teams seemingly so close within the top 8 teams, homefield may play a big role in all of this. Really looking foward to the 3rd round.
Gave up less than half the points our defense did last year in the regular season. Only 2 teams scored over 20 points all year. Only 3 have scored 2 td's or more.
This defense is young, somehow I doubt they would give up as many to mccracken or pt now. They will only keep improving, that was very early in the season.
64SUR Wrote:Not crushed Pulp Fiction I really see two Whitley county team winning the state Championship...1A Williamsburg and 3A Corbin football fever is running wild. :Cheerlead

:Cheerlead

not likely:dontthink
killbilly usmc Wrote:Defense is better 64.

the defense couldn't be any better than last year Confusednicker:
It appears to be. Less points against same schedule. Its hard to say exactly which teams are better or worse. Last year had more seniors on it in the skill positions, but even after some early growing pains we are still ahead of last year. I'm not sure pt or mccracken would hang as many points now that these young players have more games under there belt.
Even though my team is in 3a, I can't help but get excited about the 1a playoffs this year. With teams like Williamsburg, Pikeville, Hazard and Raceland from the eastern half of the state and Mayfield, Beechwood and Frankfort in the western half. IMO 1a may be pound for pound the best class in Kentucky high school football this year. I think the teams listed above from the east are all better then they were last year and the team to make it to Bowling Green will be very tested and IMO will have the best shot to compete with Mayfield or Beechwood since Hazard won in 2011. Have they caught up enough to win it............I don't know, but it's going to be fun to find out!
At the start of the season I picked Williamsburg out of the east and I'm sticking with that. Pikeville is better then most were thinking at the start of the year but I think Williamsburg has a defense just as good as Pikeville's but they IMO have just a little more offensive balance and firepower.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Even though my team is in 3a, I can't help but get excited about the 1a playoffs this year. With teams like Williamsburg, Pikeville, Hazard and Raceland from the eastern half of the state and Mayfield, Beechwood and Frankfort in the western half. IMO 1a may be pound for pound the best class in Kentucky high school football this year. I think the teams listed above from the east are all better then they were last year and the team to make it to Bowling Green will be very tested and IMO will have the best shot to compete with Mayfield or Beechwood since Hazard won in 2011. Have they caught up enough to win it............I don't know, but it's going to be fun to find out!
At the start of the season I picked Williamsburg out of the east and I'm sticking with that. Pikeville is better then most were thinking at the start of the year but I think Williamsburg has a defense just as good as Pikeville's but they IMO have just a little more offensive balance and firepower.

I agree with this. 1A seems improved overall,while the upper classes seem to weaker than usual.
1A "Chalk" board.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:1A "Chalk" board.

share the wisdom, coach. :biggrin:
Looks pretty solid to me. Campbellsville/Pineville in round 1 should be a good one. I really like the young Pineville QB. Heck of a bus ride though. Always hard to pick against Beechwood, but Frankfort is strong and fast. So, sometimes "chalk" is what you get.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Even though my team is in 3a, I can't help but get excited about the 1a playoffs this year. With teams like Williamsburg, Pikeville, Hazard and Raceland from the eastern half of the state and Mayfield, Beechwood and Frankfort in the western half. IMO 1a may be pound for pound the best class in Kentucky high school football this year. I think the teams listed above from the east are all better then they were last year and the team to make it to Bowling Green will be very tested and IMO will have the best shot to compete with Mayfield or Beechwood since Hazard won in 2011. Have they caught up enough to win it............I don't know, but it's going to be fun to find out!

No way to know this until Wburg plays a team with a pulse.