Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Playoff Atmosphere?
Belfry !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BC75 Wrote:I'd give up a lot to have one more shot at Belfry there.

As would I. :thumpsup:
CliffClavern Wrote:IMO nothing beats "Death Valley" at the old Vipperman Stadium. Come November at Belfry, there was always a sea of red packing those old concrete bleachers, not to mention a very high level of play on the field. Belfry has always been such a classy place to watch high school football.

really!? 2 years ago when russell played belfry in the semis there my son played. he was hit in the back of the head with batteries and snuff by the belfry fans. yeah, really classy.
DADDYDEVIL Wrote:really!? 2 years ago when russell played belfry in the semis there my son played. he was hit in the back of the head with batteries and snuff by the belfry fans. yeah, really classy.

Batteries?.. I highly doubt that..
DADDYDEVIL Wrote:really!? 2 years ago when russell played belfry in the semis there my son played. he was hit in the back of the head with batteries and snuff by the belfry fans. yeah, really classy.

I was sitting in the middle of the fans, and nothing like that happened....get your facts straight before you start rambling that kind of garbage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mrfootball03 Wrote:Batteries?.. I highly doubt that..

Just someone trying to start trouble. It will not be tolerated on this board...I guarantee that !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hmm I've heard Pirate fans yell a few words here and there at games, but nothing the other team's fans don't yell as well. It's mostly the student sections that does it, no harm done. But I seriously doubt Belfrys fans would throw something at another teams players, espically Belfry's student section, they are a classy bunch
Prestonsburg and Belfry at Vipperman
papa johns
Anywhere there is a good game between two good teams. Its the quality of the teams playing the game, not the stadium that makes it speacial.
Belfry
FBALL Wrote:Anywhere there is a good game between two good teams. Its the quality of the teams playing the game, not the stadium that makes it speacial.

This is true! But, I have noticed when there's only one set of stand's, and everyone is on the same side, it's a little more intense than being seperated!
The last two Russell/Belfry games the atmosphere was great at both.

Last year the atmosphere was electric. From the introduction and the flame shooting out of the scoreboard to the end when "Another one bites the dust" was played at Henry R. Evans. It was very emotional to the Russell fans who have come so close so many times only to lose to the eventual state champion. (8 times in the semi finals)The state title was decided that night for the second year in a row. There was no way that Russell team was going to Louisville and coming back with anything but the trophy.

In 2004 Being the final game in Vipperman (and I do believe that had alot to do with the emotion that the Belfry players had in that game) The crowd for both teams was just unbelievable. I know that with that being the last game and turning out the lights for the last time after the victory in the old stadium had a special meaning to it. I don't think USC or Notre Dame or Oklahoma could have gone in there and beaten the Pirates that night.
FBALL Wrote:The last two Russell/Belfry games the atmosphere was great at both.

Last year the atmosphere was electric. From the introduction and the flame shooting out of the scoreboard to the end when "Another one bites the dust" was played at Henry R. Evans. It was very emotional to the Russell fans who have come so close so many times only to lose to the eventual state champion. (8 times in the semi finals)The state title was decided that night for the second year in a row. There was no way that Russell team was going to Louisville and coming back with anything but the trophy.

In 2004 Being the final game in Vipperman (and I do believe that had alot to do with the emotion that the Belfry players had in that game) The crowd for both teams was just unbelievable. I know that with that being the last game and turning out the lights for the last time after the victory in the old stadium had a special meaning to it. I don't think USC or Notre Dame or Oklahoma could have gone in there and beaten the Pirates that night.

Russell would have gotten a trophy win or lose last year, but I know what you meant when you said they went to Louisville and weren't coming back with anything else but the trophy.

Yes I can imagine what it was like playing the last game ever at your stadium that you played all of your high school career at being a senior, losing wasn't an option for the 04 Belfry team
mrfootball03 Wrote:Seriously it has to be Vipperman..

That was the greatest atmosphere..

The last Belfry/Prestonsburg playoff game, IT WAS CRAZY

Every seat filled, every walkway with people standing, i would estimate about 100 people sitting on the hillside.. it was crazy...

:Thumbs: I want to quote most every post on here about the Belfry/P-burg and Vipperman games and atmosphere and I cant do that LOL theres too many. But it really was just amazing every year during playoffs at Vipperman!
Other than Papa John's Def. Putnam can't beat the atmosphere!!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Other than Papa John's Def. Putnam can't beat the atmosphere!!

:thumpsup:
I like Belfry's and JC's atmospheres. No better places IMO to play around here.
No doubt it is prestonsburg and belfry! I cant wait till friday!!!!!!
This years Pikeville/Belfry game was Awesome. Best Atmosphere Id seen at Pikeville in a long time.
I been sitting here reading all these posts and the talk of Vipperman has me crying. I spent 10 years helping in that old concession stand and first cheering on my nephew and then my son as they played. There was nor will there ever be any place like Vipperman to me.
FBALL Wrote:Anywhere there is a good game between two good teams. Its the quality of the teams playing the game, not the stadium that makes it speacial.

I agree 100%. Hope you get to come and see CAM in a few weeks and the atmosphere will be wild again

TongueirateSho -vs- :devilflam
CAM2006 Wrote:I agree 100%. Hope you get to come and see CAM in a few weeks and the atmosphere will be wild again

TongueirateSho -vs- :devilflam
If both teams make it that far I am sure it will be. Hope to see you there.

I still miss the old rivalry between the two when Russell and Belfry were in the same district. It was just to bad that only one team from each district made the playoffs in those days. The Red Devils and Pirates sure had some great battles over the years.
Vipperman did have a great atmosphere. Between the hillside, concrete bleachers, and the school you couldn't here anything. Not to mention the ice and other objects being thrown at you from the stands. The fans hanging over the fence to taunt you as you made your way to the water jugs. Honestly it was an intemidating place to play which made it that much better.