Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Ashland
JC by alot!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The most dominant season that I can remember score wise! Closest game was a 38-14 win against 4A Bryan Station!
4A bryan station only won 2 games this year. now Thats a killer stat!
AceMay Wrote:Have you not watched a Johnson Central game. They are the powerhouse. What else do they have to prove to you. I'm not saying that JC will go up against a Northern team and dominate, but look at their season. Ashland was supposed to be a good game, Mason was supposed to be a good game. Johnson Central is just as much a "powerhouse" as any team in Northern Kentucky. Friday night, the guys started off slow. They should not have done that and they wont win state doing that kind of stuff because I agree, the competition will only get much harder. But to insinuate that they will get run over by a POWERHOUSE is moronic.
I agree jc is a powerhouse,IN THIS AREA. they are not a northern kentucky calibre team. they haven't played anybody of any calibre at all, yes even ashland. its simply "moronic" to say any different.
Elm street Wrote:I agree jc is a powerhouse,IN THIS AREA. they are not a northern kentucky calibre team. they haven't played anybody of any calibre at all, yes even ashland. its simply "moronic" to say any different.

How can you judge that JC couldnt hang with a team such as Highlands, Covington Catholic, or Lexington Catholic. The fact is no one know cause these two havent played each other. Yes Highlands is traditionally a tough team, as they are this year but tell me what you know about them? Highlands is a very one-dimensional team that relies on the run. With the run defense that JC has, what makes you think JC couldnt slow them down enough to hang with them. Everyone talked about Matt Thomas like he was a stud back and JC held him to 18 yds on 11 carries. The defense of JC is very very good and I believe can keep them in any game they play in. JC may not beat Region 3, but who knows they just may as well. But then main thing is taking it one game at a time and the players at JC have done a wonderful job doing that.
Jc by a whole lot, Jc is very very dominate this year! and i think they'll make it to state. The game friday night is going to be wild, and no doupt, JC fans will be cheering louder than ever! GO JC!
Johnson Central 35

Ashland 14
AceMay Wrote:Have you not watched a Johnson Central game. They are the powerhouse. What else do they have to prove to you. I'm not saying that JC will go up against a Northern team and dominate, but look at their season. Ashland was supposed to be a good game, Mason was supposed to be a good game. Johnson Central is just as much a "powerhouse" as any team in Northern Kentucky. Friday night, the guys started off slow. They should not have done that and they wont win state doing that kind of stuff because I agree, the competition will only get much harder. But to insinuate that they will get run over by a POWERHOUSE is moronic.

I not saying they will get ranover by a northern team or they are not as good as a northern team...apperently you mis understood what i was saying.....JC is probably the best team this side of kentucky, yeah Ashland and the mason game was supposed to be better and the game this week will probably resemble those games....but as to go and say they will dominate other teams deep into the playoffs is ridiculous...............AND I WAS NOT INSUATING THEY WILL GET RANOVER BY A POWERHOUSE FROM NORTHERN KY.............IF THEY MAKE IT THAT FAR............
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The most dominant season that I can remember score wise! Closest game was a 38-14 win against 4A Bryan Station!

So true!

JCHS wins are as follows

40-6 North Laurel
35-7 South Point, OH
35-8 Logan, WV
38-14 Bryan Station
55-12 Lawrence County
63-12 Boyd County
56-6 Paintsville
49-6 Greenup County
35-7 Ashland
40-0 Mason County
50-6 Boyd County

If JC wins the state or whenever they lose, we as JC grads should be extremely proud of this team. How many remember during last season when everyone was making comments that JC would struggle after losing Blume, Music and the other seniors. I am sure that the same will be said after we lose Johnson and Tackett. I am so glad that it is finally FUN to go to a game on Friday night.

GO EAGLES, BEAT ASHLAND
THOMCAT Wrote:So true!

JCHS wins are as follows

40-6 North Laurel
35-7 South Point, OH
35-8 Logan, WV
38-14 Bryan Station
55-12 Lawrence County
63-12 Boyd County
56-6 Paintsville
49-6 Greenup County
35-7 Ashland
40-0 Mason County
50-6 Boyd County

If JC wins the state or whenever they lose, we as JC grads should be extremely proud of this team. How many remember during last season when everyone was making comments that JC would struggle after losing Blume, Music and the other seniors. I am sure that the same will be said after we lose Johnson and Tackett. I am so glad that it is finally FUN to go to a game on Friday night.

GO EAGLES, BEAT ASHLAND

Holy crap. Johnson Central beat Logan? I must have blinked.

Seriously, JC wins by infinity.
im goin with JC...
With everything said...its still the playoffs and anything can happen!!!
I'm goin with JC in another blowout. Just don't see Ashland having an offense powerful enough to outscore JC in the long run. It may be close at first, but JC will turn up the heat in the second half and run away with it.
Elm street Wrote:I agree jc is a powerhouse,IN THIS AREA. they are not a northern kentucky calibre team. they haven't played anybody of any calibre at all, yes even ashland. its simply "moronic" to say any different.

YEAH YEAH, same thing was said about Rockcastle County a few years ago when their defense gave up -12 yards rushing a game and look where they ended up, in Louisville playing for a championship. The only way JC is going down is if someone brings in an explosive passing game, cause they aint gonna run on JC.
I hate to keep griping, but odds of this VBookie Bet are UNFOUNDED. Why would each team carry the same odds? Even if they did, and a spread was involved, why would it beat 2:1 instead of 1:1?

As far as the actual game, I think JC is as advertised. I do think Ashland stepped it up last week and played well. The shutout of a decent Mason Co. team is not going unnoticed. Still, JC is just too good. I see Ashland playing above and beyond and going out fighting their butt off, but just not having enough bullets to fire.

JC -35
Asland - 17

I think Ashland fans see their season fade away but see Matt Thomas recindle the enthusiasm they had earlier in the year.
LovetheBucs Wrote:I hate to keep griping, but odds of this VBookie Bet are UNFOUNDED. Why would each team carry the same odds? Even if they did, and a spread was involved, why would it beat 2:1 instead of 1:1?

As far as the actual game, I think JC is as advertised. I do think Ashland stepped it up last week and played well. The shutout of a decent Mason Co. team is not going unnoticed. Still, JC is just too good. I see Ashland playing above and beyond and going out fighting their butt off, but just not having enough bullets to fire.

JC -35
Asland - 17

I think Ashland fans see their season fade away but see Matt Thomas recindle the enthusiasm they had earlier in the year.

Quit griping and put your 32 points on JC!! I didn't set the odds, but I sure know a good bet when I see one!! lol

You are correct, JC will win this one, simply because Ashland (even on a good night) can't keep pace with JC. But hopefully it will be a better game than the last one when Ashland couldn't get their O going.
all im going to say is from here on out is that i hope who ever wins this one will make it to state championship........its been way to long for a team from this district go to state... im tired of teams from this district only making it so far and getting beat to rockcastle or bell or cov cath or any other team......who ever it might be to represent i wish them the best of luck and i'd hope that everyone backs the winner of this one in the following weeks.....good luck to both teams!!!!!!!
JC wins by 28.
JC team will not play the last game of this year on their field!:thatsfunn
hm some how I think they will, it would be great if they went to state, but i dont see them making it past cov. cath, lex. cath, or highlands

For someone to say that JC wasn't a Power House this year is "moronic". Because they have been. What everyone is trying to say is that once JC gets past Ashland, and they should, things are going to be much different. Bell, Rock Castle, Highlands and Covington, These guys are used to competing at this level year in and year out. And I am NOT saying that these teams would blow out or beat JC. It is just that the teams that JC has played this year have a Combined Regular Season Record of 43-57. Only Two teams at .500 (Paintsville & South Point, OH) and only Two teams had winning records (Ashland & Mason). I hope JC does go all the way to Papa John's. They deserve it. They just need to stay focused and keep their heads on straight and they will be fine. Which I am sure that Coach reiterates this to them daily. Good JC and see ya Friday night!
:letsparty
A power house team does not get that moniker for having one good year. It takes a consistent winning record against good teams to constitute a power house.

02-05 Johnson Central is 18-22
98-01 Johnson Central is 25-19

IMO this does not get them a powerhouse rating.

That being said Russell is not either.
02-05 they are 40-8
98-01 I think they are 30-17.
Even with the record they have put up the last few years it is still not good enough to compete with the Beechwoods, Danville's, Trinity's and St. X's of the state.
Johnson Central is having a spectacular year but that does not mean that they are a powerhouse.
JC should win this game with ease unless they come out flat as reported by WYMT and some reports on here. I think they'll win by 3 TD's, but after the game I'd bring them in on Saturday to get them focused on the Regional Championship....I've got a feeling they are going to do great things this post-season and I'll be there to watch it all.
This should be a great game, I really think Johnson Central will come away with this one I know im going to be there to watch it. Good luck Eagles.
IRISH4 Wrote:JC should win this game with ease unless they come out flat as reported by WYMT and some reports on here. I think they'll win by 3 TD's, but after the game I'd bring them in on Saturday to get them focused on the Regional Championship....I've got a feeling they are going to do great things this post-season and I'll be there to watch it all.

That's a great idea IRISH, and knowin Matney he will probably have them doin something over the weekend to start getting prepared. Never know with rifle season comin in :rockon: , Matney may be up in the hills on saturday (if he is a big time hunter).
county man Wrote:JC team will not play the last game of this year on their field!:thatsfunn

I like the way you think!!!
Midee1 Wrote:A power house team does not get that moniker for having one good year. It takes a consistent winning record against good teams to constitute a power house.

02-05 Johnson Central is 18-22
98-01 Johnson Central is 25-19

IMO this does not get them a powerhouse rating.

That being said Russell is not either.
02-05 they are 40-8
98-01 I think they are 30-17.
Even with the record they have put up the last few years it is still not good enough to compete with the Beechwoods, Danville's, Trinity's and St. X's of the state.
Johnson Central is having a spectacular year but that does not mean that they are a powerhouse.

This year JC is a POWERHOUSE! What you are talking about is a DYNASTY. Unfortunately, there aren't any of those in Eastern Kentucky anywhere.
EKY Sportster Wrote:This year JC is a POWERHOUSE! What you are talking about is a DYNASTY. Unfortunately, there aren't any of those in Eastern Kentucky anywhere.

Well, if you count region championships then Belfry may be considered a dynasty, IDK, just something to think about.
Johnson Central 46-13
CAM2006 Wrote:Johnson Central is playing great I see them going to state. Ashland had a great season but it ends Friday night

yup, I agree with you..GO JC
JC-42
Ashland-16