Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle County
33.33%
Wayne County
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Co. @ Rockcastle Co. 10/30
former Wrote:Never said Wayne wasnt tough, I said they werent as tough as us and couldnt match us in toughness. Is it so bad to think your team is the toughest. They may have had a tougher sched but their record speaks for itself, 3 wins.

You will soon find out Wayne is as tough as anybody you will play.
pjdoug Wrote:You will soon find out Wayne is as tough as anybody you will play.

I guess so. But wayne will find out we aint mccreary central or casey co either.
I wasn't really thinking too much about this game, but after reading the post I'm kind of excited to take this one in. Rockcastle County would be the best team that Wayne has been able to defeat, but Wayne would also be the best team Rockcastle has knocked off, so all that is a push. The power ratings has it a 1 point game, going on Wayne winning a couple freshmen and couple junior varsity games this season against Rock, I like Wayne County on the road. Glad this will be a district game next season and teams are meeting for JV Conference championship tonight. Go Cards!
former Wrote:I guess so. But wayne will find out we aint mccreary central or casey co either.

You sure ain't.
former Wrote:I guess so. But wayne will find out we aint mccreary central or casey co either.

Waynes no West Jess or South Laurel either
Wayne County 35
Rockcastle County 21

write it down. :please:
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Waynes no West Jess or South Laurel either

West Jess and South Laurel are way better than McCreary and Casey
former Wrote:West Jess and South Laurel are way better than McCreary and Casey

:HitWall:
I wouldn't predict this game.

These two teams are so apt to have that intrinsic factor that you can't really put a finger on.

I think it will be a great game.
This game has huge implications in the 3A District 5 Tiebreaker.

Garrard County needs a Wayne win to realistically have a chance in that tiebreaker.
former Wrote:So its bad for a person to be over confident of his team. I think you at Whitley have a few over the top fans as well.
Yeah I think we will walk over Wayne, is that a bad thing to think for your team.
It's better to be positively perspective looking at the big picture than channeling one team directory.
Its hardly ever I agree with pjdoug but on this one I do. former you talk alot of trash, better hope your team backs up your mouth. If not I think you would be best to take a hiatus from the board for a few days.
Lilly Wrote:Its hardly ever I agree with pjdoug but on this one I do. former you talk alot of trash, better hope your team backs up your mouth. If not I think you would be best to take a hiatus from the board for a few days.

only speaking the truth

Wayne is 3 wins, no win over a quality opponet. We are having SR night, its at home, I think we are more physical. Our young kids are more hungry.

Is there something wrong with what was said above. Am I supposed to bow down to Wayne and think we cant win or are better
former Wrote:only speaking the truth

Wayne is 3 wins, no win over a quality opponet. We are having SR night, its at home, I think we are more physical. Our young kids are more hungry.

Is there something wrong with what was said above. Am I supposed to bow down to Wayne and think we cant win or are better

Confusednicker:
After watching the final game of 5 between the two schools at the Junior Varsity and Freshmen level last night, Wayne County is just not very physical. Sure the Cards won 35-6, but listening to so many talk about the physicality of Rockcastle I was wondering whether I should let my kid even pad up?? After last night I still wonder how anyone can question the lack of Wayne's physicality and for the record the Cards are 5-0 this season against the Rockets.
Thursday no talking they actually get to play the game!
both teams are tough and play hard. I expect a good game.
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:After watching the final game of 5 between the two schools at the Junior Varsity and Freshmen level last night, Wayne County is just not very physical. Sure the Cards won 35-6, but listening to so many talk about the physicality of Rockcastle I was wondering whether I should let my kid even pad up?? After last night I still wonder how anyone can question the lack of Wayne's physicality and for the record the Cards are 5-0 this season against the Rockets.
Thursday no talking they actually get to play the game!

Better be on safe side and not let your kid pad up, Friday Night is a different story.
former Wrote:Better be on safe side and not let your kid pad up, Friday Night is a different story.

Here's what I do know. I doubt that there are any other teams and coaching staffs that have any more respect for each other than Wayne and Rockcastle's have for each other. I'm sure each school will expect the best from the other. Why make statements like this? I understand confidence in your program but there is really no need to make such statements.
I won't let him pad up Friday, but I'll let him go on Thursday.
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:I won't let him pad up Friday, but I'll let him go on Thursday.

Better get some better and thicker pads.
johnnyd Wrote:Here's what I do know. I doubt that there are any other teams and coaching staffs that have any more respect for each other than Wayne and Rockcastle's have for each other. I'm sure each school will expect the best from the other. Why make statements like this? I understand confidence in your program but there is really no need to make such statements.

What statement?
That we hit harder
That we will win
That wayne hasnt beat anyone

As a matter of fact I will be in the same spot I go to when I get to a game there, on the hill by the visitor locker room with the rest of the dads and parents who stand.
I will have a new blue sweatshirt hoodie on, come see me after we win.
former Wrote:What statement?
That we hit harder
That we will win

As a matter of fact I will be in the same spot I go to when I get to a game there, on the hill by the visitor locker room with the rest of the dads and parents who stand.

Best of luck you and your team. Regardless of what you say I will not buy into what your selling.
johnnyd Wrote:Best of luck you and your team. Regardless of what you say I will not buy into what your selling.

Good luck to you also, and hope and pray for safe travel and no injuries.
johnnyd Wrote:Here's what I do know. I doubt that there are any other teams and coaching staffs that have any more respect for each other than Wayne and Rockcastle's have for each other. I'm sure each school will expect the best from the other. Why make statements like this? I understand confidence in your program but there is really no need to make such statements.

I think he snorts kool-aid and doesn't even know what he says :yikes:
I hope Wayne bulletin board is full. I have never heard so much crap. Wish we could go back to a couple weeks ago when former was in hiding. You say your from, but i still don't believe you. looked for you on the hill in your blue hat still cant find you. Stay in Pulaski where you belong.
former Wrote:What statement?
That we hit harder
That we will win

Rock hasn't beat anyone beat this year.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I hope Wayne bulletin board is full. I have never heard so much crap. Wish we could go back to a couple weeks ago when former was in hiding. You say your from, but i still don't believe you. looked for you on the hill in your blue hat still cant find you. Stay in Pulaski where you belong.

I think he can blow a tater sack up
I agree with johnnyd about the fact that there aren't many coaching staffs that have more respect for each other than Rock and Wayne. Wayne's Coaching staff helps with the Rockcastle "Filthy Lineman Camp" every year and has since the inception of it. Coach L. for Wayne is a Rockcastle product from back in the day and the Wayne staff all seems like good guys. I watched the lineman camp this year during one evening and this is where I was pleasantly suprised to see that the Rock team had a pulse for the first time in a while. I knew they were going to be small and wouldn't have given a nickle for their chances of having a two win season before seeing the boys at that camp. Though the overall competition across the board has been down (including Rock) for the past couple of years, the Rock kids have turned around from a couple of two win seasons to have a decent record and it's mostly been on heart. MOST Rockcastle people that know what they are talking about have the utmost respect for every team they play and especially Wayne County. These days they can't afford not to. I was really happy to see the run Wayne County made last year toward the championship last year. I talked to the Guffy kid several times at track meets this past year and he is a heck of an athlete and good kid as wel. I've said it several times this year and I'll say it again, let's hope for a good competitive injury free game for the kids and good luck to both teams and especially the Rock kids on my part.
Former might be a Rock fan and actually from Rockcastle, but, he is a pot stirrer on this website and is probably in relation to the creature that guarded the bridge in the story about the Billy Goats Gruff brothers. He likes to wallpaper opponents locker rooms or provide paper for their bathrooms with some of his comments. But I reckon he is OUR troll and you can probably find him in his new digs under the new bridge in Brodhead if your looking for him.
papagrit Wrote:I agree with johnnyd about the fact that there aren't many coaching staffs that have more respect for each other than Rock and Wayne. Wayne's Coaching staff helps with the Rockcastle "Filthy Lineman Camp" every year and has since the inception of it. Coach L. for Wayne is a Rockcastle product from back in the day and the Wayne staff all seems like good guys. I watched the lineman camp this year during one evening and this is where I was pleasantly suprised to see that the Rock team had a pulse for the first time in a while. I knew they were going to be small and wouldn't have given a nickle for their chances of having a two win season before seeing the boys at that camp. Though the overall competition across the board has been down (including Rock) for the past couple of years, the Rock kids have turned around from a couple of two win seasons to have a decent record and it's mostly been on heart. MOST Rockcastle people that know what they are talking about have the utmost respect for every team they play and especially Wayne County. These days they can't afford not to. I was really happy to see the run Wayne County made last year toward the championship last year. I talked to the Guffy kid several times at track meets this past year and he is a heck of an athlete and good kid as wel. I've said it several times this year and I'll say it again, let's hope for a good competitive injury free game for the kids and good luck to both teams and especially the Rock kids on my part.
Former might be a Rock fan and actually from Rockcastle, but, he is a pot stirrer on this website and is probably in relation to the creature that guarded the bridge in the story about the Billy Goats Gruff brothers. He likes to wallpaper opponents locker rooms or provide paper for their bathrooms with some of his comments. But I reckon he is OUR troll and you can probably find him in his new digs under the new bridge in Brodhead if your looking for him.
I've been through Brodhead a few times lately and didn't see him. He was hiding under the bridge for sure,but it could be a bridge in Pulaski CountyConfusednicker:
So from everything I have read on this thread, Rock has two types of fan mentalities on here:
1. Over-confident and cocky
2. Quietly confident and sneaky praise-giving of opponents.

The 2nd option seems to be a quiet confidence that really builds up the opponent and undersells the team they are a fan of. This avoids bulletin board material and gives the opponent's fan base a false sense of pride.

I like it! Pretty interesting tactic and one I seem to only see employed by Rock fans. I seem to side with the 2nd option.