Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 34 Harlan County 32
I went to a local game and listened on radio but it sounded like Harlans big plays came from the spread. I don't know that for sure. Its hard to listen to one while at another.
33 power Wrote:I went to a local game and listened on radio but it sounded like Harlans big plays came from the spread. I don't know that for sure. Its hard to listen to one while at another.
I was doing the same thing. And yeah when he went to spread that's when HC was at their best. Just gave the runners some space. Plus we had some new things thrown in that worked. Like I said he adjusted and I'll give him credit for that.
33 power Wrote:Whitley was missing 4 starters and a couple of key reserves and you wouldn't hear them complaining if they lost.

I'm just stating the obvious, we had a lot sick and out for injuries, not reserve guys.
It don't matter, we lost and that's all that matters.
I do think out kids played hard but obviously all the things I mentioned took a toll on the team.
Looks like it's us and perry for 3rd
In it's lowest form aside from all the injuries and excuses Whitley made more plays at keys times in the game. They got the defensive stops when they needed them which gave the offense the opportunities to make plays. Luke Woods played a great game one for the ages but the best thing about it was the fact it was a total team effort!!!
Bear booster Wrote:I'm just stating the obvious, we had a lot sick and out for injuries, not reserve guys.
It don't matter, we lost and that's all that matters.
I do think out kids played hard but obviously all the things I mentioned took a toll on the team.
Looks like it's us and perry for 3rd

There is no doubt about it when you take key players out of a position & younger less experienced kids put in there place it is going to take a toll on the team. That happens with any team. I think that HC is improving over all and will be back strong & competitive as can be before people can say "Scat"!! That's my opinion!! :Thumbs:
The qb for Whitley did play a good game, couldn't miss in 2nd half.
Our offense did look better
Demarcus ware Wrote:I couldn't make it to the game but since we only have 2 or 3 coaches I would imagine Larkey called plays. Sounded like he did on the radio anyway.

Did I miss something? I know we lost one....

Can someone give a list of who the assistants are and the positions they coach?
Bear_Paw Wrote:Did I miss something? I know we lost one....

Can someone give a list of who the assistants are and the positions they coach?
Larkey, Ovie, kidwell, and one more I think. Granny can help. We need about 10-12 more but not sure that will ever happen.
Like another poster said earlier just stating the obvious:

Yes Harlan County had several players out, but at this point in the season most teams do. Here is an perfect example.....from Whitley County

1. Starting linebacker out with arm injury
2. Kicker out
3. Punter out'
4. Starting offensive Lineman out
5. Starting wideout
6. Starting wideout
7. Defensive Tackle playing (limited with cast on hand)

Just to name a few. You did not see them mentioned being out before or after the game. You have to line up and play and I am pleased to see how the guys who got an opportunity to step up and play responded in such a positive way. Yes Whitley was playing young guys just like Harlan. It is part of the game, you have to line up and play regardless, every team faces it, what it boils down to is how you respond.
Some times you just got to hang in there, and then when you are back on the winning side, remember what John Wooden said:, "The two hardest things to handle in life are failure and success." HC, is going to come back around, I have faith in them. Like I mentioned before in this forum, you are NOT going to have the personnel every year to win, you are going to have rebuilding years. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and bear it. Losing isn't any fun for anyone, but there is not a coach worth his salt that hasn't gone thru that at some point in his career. Hang in there HC....the tide will be turning before you know it & you all will get back on the winning trial! You all have one of the best HS football coaches that ever coached this sport, you are lucky in that regard. He knows what to do and what he will be looking for in the future for your team. I know enough about him from the old Rockcastle County days to know he knows his stuff when it comes to the game of football! Hang in there, we'll be rooting for you all from around the tri county area! Things are going to get better!!! :truestory:
Thank you!! Really nice and rare to read a post that is so positive!!
What happened to all the coaches?
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:What happened to all the coaches?
Hard times. People move away for jobs, hard to get people to volunteer, nothing against the program or school but just don't have the people right now.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Hard times. People move away for jobs, hard to get people to volunteer, nothing against the program or school but just don't have the people right now.

I saw a previous post and Coach Creech wasn't listed.
Congrats Whitley! Just now read all of this. Black Bears got baptized into some more pass coverage practice. But I watched UK do a lot of the same against LSU. Maybe that's how pass coverage works. Gaining experience every game, just hate these Seniors are having to go through this!

As for the Coaches, We were just missing one.
Larkey
Canady
Farmer
Caldwell
Day
Kidwell

Did I forget someone?
Patriot Wrote:Congrats Whitley! Just now read all of this. Black Bears got baptized into some more pass coverage practice. But I watched UK do a lot of the same against LSU. Maybe that's how pass coverage works. Gaining experience every game, just hate these Seniors are having to go through this!

As for the Coaches, We were just missing one.
Larkey
Canady
Farmer
Caldwell
Day
Kidwell

Did I forget someone?

Is that all HC has for frosh, jv, and varsity?
What about Creech?
^
Quit last week I think.