Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 34 Harlan County 32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Boom.

Luke Woods-384 passing yards.

Started listening to this one on the radio on the way home from BBM. What a great game. Whitley down three scores in the 4th quarter.
This is why I praise passing the ball.
Had this been last years Whitley team, they could not have come back in the 4th quarter running the football. Looks like I should have been in Harlan County instead of Lexington.

District title at Letcher next week.

Big kudos to Coach Chappell and that staff. Great first season. I see good things ahead with all of these young kids.
Good win
Big win for Whitley and a tough loss for the Black Bears. I was getting updates it seemed like a heck of a game to be at. It appears both teams left it all on the field.
Congrats to Whitley!!!
Congratulations on big win tonight....:worthy:
Congrats to Whitley. HC was a lot better tonight and never laid down.
Congrats Colonels. Get a home playoff game. They have improve expidentily this year.
Congrats to Wide Gut!
Luke Allen showing off.
Congratulations Whitley County!! Tough, gritty game and the winner wasn't decided until the last few minutes of the game.

Whitley couldn't complete a pass in the first half, but the second half was a whole nother story!!! QB is fast and has a great command of the field. Ysirdo (sp?) is a man child with a ton of heart!!

I'm proud of my Black Bears tonight, beccause they never stopped fighting and put a decent game together.

Maybe next week.
Congrats to the Colonels. A really big win for the program.
Good job Whitley you played a great game. Luke Allen You are having A ton of fun.
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations Whitley County!! Tough, gritty game and the winner wasn't decided until the last few minutes of the game.

Whitley couldn't complete a pass in the first half, but the second half was a whole nother story!!! QB is fast and has a great command of the field. Ysirdo (sp?) is a man child with a ton of heart!!

I'm proud of my Black Bears tonight, beccause they never stopped fighting and put a decent game together.

Maybe next week.

When I turned the radio on, it was late in the 3rd. I heard them make the comment that Whitley wasn't in sync at all in the first half and couldn't connect on anything. And then they made a good point. Whitley was on fall break all week. Took them an entire half to get back into the routine I guess.

From the sounds of it, Harlan County played good ball, but just didn't know how to stop the pass.

Congrats to Luke Woods on the new school record. He beat his own record set earlier this year by a hundred yards or something in that category. Ill take 384 yards on the ground or air against an always stiff HC defense.
Congrats Whitley. Blackbears. Keep your heads up. Sounded like you stepped up your game and played ball tonight.
Chappell up for a district title in his first year. I remember some questioning this hire..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boom.

Luke Woods-384 passing yards.

Started listening to this one on the radio on the way home from BBM. What a great game. Whitley down three scores in the 4th quarter.

same here and Luke had over 300 yards passing in 2nd half. Go Colonels :Cheerlead
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is why I praise passing the ball.
Had this been last years Whitley team, they could not have come back in the 4th quarter running the football. Looks like I should have been in Harlan County instead of Lexington.

District title at Letcher next week.

Big kudos to Coach Chappell and that staff. Great first season. I see good things ahead with all of these young kids.

imagine if they still had that speedy running back Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:When I turned the radio on, it was late in the 3rd. I heard them make the comment that Whitley wasn't in sync at all in the first half and couldn't connect on anything. And then they made a good point. Whitley was on fall break all week. Took them an entire half to get back into the routine I guess.

From the sounds of it, Harlan County played good ball, but just didn't know how to stop the pass.

Congrats to Luke Woods on the new school record. He beat his own record set earlier this year by a hundred yards or something in that category. Ill take 384 yards on the ground or air against an always stiff HC defense.

I think Whitley wore them down with hurry up offense and depth.
Congrats to the Colonels and what a game from Luke Woods...Whitley moves closer to.a District Championship...
Chirp chirp
Congrats Whitley

Injuries, sickness, quitters, lack of experience and depth make for a bad year. I think we could have pulled it out if not for the injuries.
We gotta stop the pass.
Whitley was missing 4 starters and a couple of key reserves and you wouldn't hear them complaining if they lost.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:When I turned the radio on, it was late in the 3rd. I heard them make the comment that Whitley wasn't in sync at all in the first half and couldn't connect on anything. And then they made a good point. Whitley was on fall break all week. Took them an entire half to get back into the routine I guess.From the sounds of it, Harlan County played good ball, but just didn't know how to stop the pass.

Oh please!!! Whitley WON and they're making excuses!!!!
33 power Wrote:Whitley was missing 4 starters and a couple of key reserves and you wouldn't hear them complaining if they lost.
The only one complaining is the one that posted above you. No complaints from fans that know football. HC played better, play calling was much better, but in the end Whitley's passing game hurt us which has always been a weakness with HC. Will practice hard this week and get ready for next Friday. Congrats and good luck to Whitley going forward..
Bear booster Wrote:Congrats Whitley

Injuries, sickness, quitters, lack of experience and depth make for a bad year. I think we could have pulled it out if not for the injuries.
We gotta stop the pass.
Sounds like excuses. You probably bashed Whitley for the same things last year.
Who called the plays? Was there a change.
Demarcus ware Wrote:The only one complaining is the one that posted above you. No complaints from fans that know football. HC played better, play calling was much better, but in the end Whitley's passing game hurt us which has always been a weakness with HC. Will practice hard this week and get ready for next Friday. Congrats and good luck to Whitley going forward..
How many Colonels were in the box?
Flicka Wrote:Who called the plays? Was there a change.
I couldn't make it to the game but since we only have 2 or 3 coaches I would imagine Larkey called plays. Sounded like he did on the radio anyway.
pjdoug Wrote:How many Colonels were in the box?
They tried to load it up but larkey spread them out really good..I was actually impressed the way he adjusted. I bashed them all week for not adjusting all year and when they did it worked so I'll have to give them credit. See booster I'm not just trying to get someone fired I just want to win.
Pages: 1 2