Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Rank 4A? (Week 8)
FBfan4life Wrote:The key word is just WIN.. Regardless what happen the week before, after or 3 weeks from now. Just WIN. Boyle is a great team, but that evening Lex Cath was better. As far as FT Highlands and their fans, don't hate brother. One day Martha will have a consistent team that will have winning record year in and year out. Not this one and done stuff. Collins even going to win their district this season?

FBfan4life Wrote:Lets! Oh and 1st year of Martha' s team was a combo from the great Shelby Co. Try Harrodsburg HS combining with Mercer Co.. State final. Can you really take credit for that?

One day Collins will have a consistent team????

2010 11-2
2011 11-3
2012 11-4
2013 13-2

That's pretty consistent to me!

Yes this year is a bit of a down year for Collins but I don't expect them to be down for long. They did lose a heck of a senior class this past year and are playing multiple freshman on Friday nights so I guess you can give them a bit of a break.

And yes, they will be 3-0 in their district after this Friday and will do no worse than tie for 1st in their district. They have still never lost a game to their current district.

The situations with Collins and Mercer County are complete opposites. Mercer County won because they combined two teams into one and played 2 classes lower than they should've. Collins had their success after splitting a school in half, not combining two schools into a bigger school. That first year where they "played with Shelby County's team" has been their worst to date, only advancing to the regional finals. Also that year, seniors who lived in Collins' district were given the option to stay at Shelby County, so if anything Shelby County played with Collins players.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Still feel bad for Russell that year.

They were clearly the best 2A team in the State and Mercer had no business playing in 2A. They did not even have a true school that year...they were using the old Mercer County High School and cramming everyone in.

I actually spoke to some of the Mercer County administration at the start of that school year and it was pretty clear that the consolidation was a "had to happen right now" moment so they could take advantage of a special team while they had a window to have an advantage.

South Warren has been handed a gift by the KHSAA in 3A, but in their defense they at least were a true functioning consolidated school. South Warren is simply playing the hand they were dealt. Mercer in my mind abused the system to capitalize and win a title that Russell rightfully deserved.

I don't disagree with anything you are stating. That whole situation was just a mess. Mercer County had a very solid team that year but not solid enough to win 5A. A very undeserved championship IMO!
blue1424 Wrote:One day Collins will have a consistent team????

2010 11-2
2011 11-3
2012 11-4
2013 13-2

That's pretty consistent to me!

Yes this year is a bit of a down year for Collins but I don't expect them to be down for long. They did lose a heck of a senior class this past year and are playing multiple freshman on Friday nights so I guess you can give them a bit of a break.

And yes, they will be 3-0 in their district after this Friday and will do no worse than tie for 1st in their district. They have still never lost a game to their current district.

The situations with Collins and Mercer County are complete opposites. Mercer County won because they combined two teams into one and played 2 classes lower than they should've. Collins had their success after splitting a school in half, not combining two schools into a bigger school. That first year where they "played with Shelby County's team" has been their worst to date, only advancing to the regional finals. Also that year, seniors who lived in Collins' district were given the option to stay at Shelby County, so if anything Shelby County played with Collins players.

Oh! BTW Tommy it is still weak.
Jack Lambert Wrote:From what I've read this Owensboro team has as much size as some college teams on paper they appear to be Pretty good.

yeah they never exaggerate on the height and weight on programs.
1. Owensboro
2. Highlands
3. Johnson Central
4. Madisonville North-Hopkins
5. LexCath
6. Boyle Co
7. Franklin-Simpson
8. CovCath
9. Knox Central
10. North Oldham

If you thought Christopher Columbus was big.. well... you ain't seen nothing yet.
Jack Lambert Wrote:From what I've read this Owensboro team has as much size as some college teams on paper they appear to be Pretty good.

I haven't seen them this year, but last year I was shocked at how small Owensboro was when they played Collins. I don't know if I've ever seen a varsity team that small, let alone in the 4A state semifinals. Their line wasn't terribly small but I don't remember them being all that big either. Who knows, maybe they got a lot bigger during the offseason or had some big newcomers this year. Last year Owensboro had some speed, but no size at all.
Fade Wrote:If you thought Christopher Columbus was big.. well... you ain't seen nothing yet.

Highlands can handle size, they play GCL South teams...and win (at least in this case)

[attachment=o3100]