3. Johnson Central
4. Madisonville North-Hopkins
5. LexCath
6. Boyle Co
7. Franklin-Simpson
8. CovCath
9. Knox Central
10. North Oldham

#1 and #2 are the easy picks, after that it gets difficulty. Not sure what to make of JC, looks a lot like last year, impressive record against poor competition. They were not ready come playoffs last year, will they be this year? Tempted to move Madisonville up to 3, just not too sure how good they are yet. Not sure Cov Cath is even worthy of a top 10 placement at this time, they looked terrible against Highlands and in the games since have had a ton of injuries.
From what I have seen, Know Central is pretty darn good. Also why has Rockcastle HS not cracked into the top ten? Good record vs decent teams.
FBfan4life Wrote:From what I have seen, Know Central is pretty darn good. Also why has Rockcastle HS not cracked into the top ten? Good record vs decent teams.

I don't quantify Rock's wins as decent teams at all.

They played two good teams in Pulaski and Mad. South. Pulaski put a running clock on them and Mad. South would have won going away had Mother Nature not stepped in.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't quantify Rock's wins as decent teams at all.

They played two good teams in Pulaski and Mad. South. Pulaski put a running clock on them and Mad. South would have won going away had Mother Nature not stepped in.

Have you seen Knox Central's opponents record? Not what I call murderers row. Anyways just making a point for the Rockets.
FBfan4life Wrote:Have you seen Knox Central's opponents record? Not what I call murderers row. Anyways just making a point for the Rockets.

I don't disagree at all but KC at least has a narrow win over North Laurel and a close loss to a quality Bell County team. Both of those look better than anything Rock has accomplished thusfar and gives them just enough merit to come in the Top 10 at #9.
I agree with what you said about Rock but same could be said about North Oldham and they are in the top ten.
I would have
1. Highlands
2. Owensboro
3. Boyle Co
4. LexCath
5. Johnson Central
6.Madisonville North-Hopkins
7. Knox Central
8. CovCath
9. Franklin-Simpson
10. Fairdale
I agree with 1&2 but would flip them.
I also believe that you guys are sleeping on Franklin Simpson. These Cats are young,but very talented. they have beat a good Graves Co. team and a very good Russellville team. They have also won the last three without their star running back, and a freshman filling in for him. I think having them as a 9 is really low.
1. Owensboro
2. Highlands
3. JC
4. Lex. Cath.
5. Franklin Simpsoon
6. Madisonville North Hopkins
7. Boyle
8. Knox Central
9. Cov. Catholic
10. Fairdale
FBfan4life Wrote:Have you seen Knox Central's opponents record? Not what I call murderers row. Anyways just making a point for the Rockets.

This is the biggest reason that Knox should be in ahead of rock.
Points Allowed.

Knox 68 - Rock 168.

That's 98 point difference. Which means Knox gives up 11.3
Points a game while Rock is giving up 23.7 points a game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:This is the biggest reason that Knox should be in ahead of rock.
Points Allowed.

Knox 68 - Rock 168.

That's 98 point difference. Which means Knox gives up 11.3
Points a game while Rock is giving up 23.7 points a game.

I did state that Knox County was pretty darn good... See post #3. I never said that Rock should be above Knox in the ranking, just wondering with a 5-2 record, Rock has not cracked the top 10. Good day.
Mcats10 Wrote:I agree with 1&2 but would flip them.
I also believe that you guys are sleeping on Franklin Simpson. These Cats are young,but very talented. they have beat a good Graves Co. team and a very good Russellville team. They have also won the last three without their star running back, and a freshman filling in for him. I think having them as a 9 is really low.
1. Owensboro
2. Highlands
3. JC
4. Lex. Cath.
5. Franklin Simpsoon
6. Madisonville North Hopkins
7. Boyle
8. Knox Central
9. Cov. Catholic
10. Fairdale

Not saying you are wrong because I have not seen Owensboro play, but just curious what you are using as justification for putting Owensboro over Highlands? I feel pretty confident in Highlands being #1 after what I saw Sat. I can not believe Owensboro is as big and skilled as Columbus was and Highlands hung very tough. I will have to try to find some video of Owensboro to watch.
1. Owensboro
2, Highlands
3. Johnson Central
4. Madisonville-North Hopkins
5. Lexington Catholic --
6. Boyle County
7. Franklin-Simpson
8. Knox Central
9. N. Oldham
10. Fairdale
Tommy2tone Wrote:1. Owensboro
2, Highlands
3. Johnson Central
4. Madisonville-North Hopkins
5. Lexington Catholic --
6. Boyle County
7. Franklin-Simpson
8. Knox Central
9. N. Oldham
10. Fairdale

You are really trying hard to knock Highlands of the top! First it was Boyle and they get beat by Lex Cath and now you have to find a new dog. I will ask the same question, you might be right, but what makes you pick Owensboro over Highlands? Or is it just your dislike for Highlands?
1) Highlands

2) Owensboro
3) Johnson Central

4) Madisonville
5) Lex Catholic
6) Boyle Co

7) FSimpson
8) Knox Central
9) Cov Catholic
10) N.Oldham
The Birds, then Cov Cath, and then....the rest. Covington Catholic will get it together by playoff time.
sstack Wrote:You are really trying hard to knock Highlands of the top! First it was Boyle and they get beat by Lex Cath and now you have to find a new dog. I will ask the same question, you might be right, but what makes you pick Owensboro over Highlands? Or is it just your dislike for Highlands?

sstack... His dislike is to any programs that wins on a consistent basis. It could be Boyle Co, Lex Cath, FT Highlands, T and or X. No one is talking about his loyalty team, Martha Collin who is struggling again this season. One and Done team.
Not disagreeing with any of the ranks at all. ROCK has pulled off upsets before in the past with records they have now. Yes KC is overall the better team statistically speaking but this Rockcastle team has turned around having their best record over the past 2 seasons (2012-2013). They pull off an upset then KC in the ranks may not remain in the top 10. Also the combined opponents record is a good point as well.
sstack Wrote:You are really trying hard to knock Highlands of the top! First it was Boyle and they get beat by Lex Cath and now you have to find a new dog. I will ask the same question, you might be right, but what makes you pick Owensboro over Highlands? Or is it just your dislike for Highlands?

FBfan4life Wrote:sstack... His dislike is to any programs that wins on a consistent basis. It could be Boyle Co, Lex Cath, FT Highlands, T and or X. No one is talking about his loyalty team, Martha Collin who is struggling again this season. One and Done team.

First off, fb fan you don't know what you are talking about.
I think Boyle has a good team. Not sure what happened with them at YOUR Lex Cath however, that just might be considered a bad loss in my book based on what cath has done since that win. Just what I see.

Sstack, you know I have No Love for highlands and especially several of their fans. I am basing my vote on Owensboro was a semi-finalist last year and has most kids back. They have played a solid schedule and done well. 2 wins on the road vs. quality opponents and close game with the big god BG. Highlands best win is over a much hyped Cov. Cath. team that isn't worth a darn for whatever reason and a impressive game with florida team. They also went thru coaching change so in preseason I think Owensboro was on top and hasn't done anything in my book to lose that spot. Several times I have even listed them tied for first with highlands and FB fan, I am still thinking Boyle just might be #3. Johnson Central just has to lose.
Tommy2tone Wrote:First off, fb fan you don't know what you are talking about.
I think Boyle has a good team. Not sure what happened with them at YOUR Lex Cath however, that just might be considered a bad loss in my book based on what cath has done since that win. Just what I see.

Sstack, you know I have No Love for highlands and especially several of their fans. I am basing my vote on Owensboro was a semi-finalist last year and has most kids back. They have played a solid schedule and done well. 2 wins on the road vs. quality opponents and close game with the big god BG. Highlands best win is over a much hyped Cov. Cath. team that isn't worth a darn for whatever reason and a impressive game with florida team. They also went thru coaching change so in preseason I think Owensboro was on top and hasn't done anything in my book to lose that spot. Several times I have even listed them tied for first with highlands and FB fan, I am still thinking Boyle just might be #3. Johnson Central just has to lose.
The key word is just WIN.. Regardless what happen the week before, after or 3 weeks from now. Just WIN. Boyle is a great team, but that evening Lex Cath was better. As far as FT Highlands and their fans, don't hate brother. One day Martha will have a consistent team that will have winning record year in and year out. Not this one and done stuff. Collins even going to win their district this season?
sstack Wrote:Not saying you are wrong because I have not seen Owensboro play, but just curious what you are using as justification for putting Owensboro over Highlands? I feel pretty confident in Highlands being #1 after what I saw Sat. I can not believe Owensboro is as big and skilled as Columbus was and Highlands hung very tough. I will have to try to find some video of Owensboro to watch.

From what I've read this Owensboro team has as much size as some college teams on paper they appear to be Pretty good.
FBfan4life Wrote:The key word is just WIN.. Regardless what happen the week before, after or 3 weeks from now. Just WIN. Boyle is a great team, but that evening Lex Cath was better. As far as FT Highlands and their fans, don't hate brother. One day Martha will have a consistent team that will have winning record year in and year out. Not this one and done stuff. Collins even going to win their district this season?
One and Done....LMAO..
You want to compare the last 5 years to what Lex Cath has done??????
First year of football....Region finalist, 2. lost in semi's on the road3. lost in finals. 4. won finals. 5. it ain't over yet, still some football to play.
I think I saw the combined record of teams we lost to were 24-5. If you are going to lose, might as well lose to the best.
I think we have had a great run for 4 years and still waiting to see where this one will end. Might be week 1 or might be week 5. Still football to play.
Tommy2tone Wrote:One and Done....LMAO..
First year of football....Region finalist, 2. lost in semi's on the road3. lost in finals. 4. won finals. 5. it ain't over yet, still some football to play.
I think I saw the combined record of teams we lost to were 24-5. If you are going to lose, might as well lose to the best.
I think we have had a great run for 4 years and still waiting to see where this one will end. Might be week 1 or might be week 5. Still football to play.

Lets! Oh and 1st year of Martha' s team was a combo from the great Shelby Co. Try Harrodsburg HS combining with Mercer Co.. State final. Can you really take credit for that?
Gotta show the Rock some love.
Tommy2tone Wrote:One and Done....LMAO..

And for what I meant about one and done... Collins has progress each year from 3rd round, 4 round, got pounded in 2012, lucky chuck in 2013 and this season... well where have they been? Finally got over the hump vs FT Highlands and now decided to hibernate this season? Perhaps with the weak western side of the bracket, Collins will probably do well again, but we say nah.
FBfan4life Wrote:Lets! Oh and 1st year of Martha' s team was a combo from the great Shelby Co. Try Harrodsburg HS combining with Mercer Co.. State final. Can you really take credit for that?

Wasn't Mercer Co. Playing a couple of classes lower than they should have been that year too?
^^2A... Not sure what class they should have been.
FBfan4life Wrote:^^2A... Not sure what class they should have been.

Should have been 4A I think. It was the year prior to reclassification.
FBfan4life Wrote:And for what I meant about one and done... Collins has progress each year from 3rd round, 4 round, got pounded in 2012, lucky chuck in 2013 and this season... well where have they been? Finally got over the hump vs FT Highlands and now decided to hibernate this season? Perhaps with the weak western side of the bracket, Collins will probably do well again, but we say nah.

Said West was weak last year and what happened. IMO I am thinking that the Region 2 might be weak however they do host region 1 this year but region 1 has some pretty darn good football teams in it.
Trying to tell you that Collins is playing some very good football teams. Always has played up and will continue to do so next year. I know Boyle is back on the schedule. I wouldn't say we are hibernating but maybe laying low. LOL. I will let you know in about 2 weeks.
Hatz Wrote:Should have been 4A I think. It was the year prior to reclassification.

Mercer County was a 5A school playing in 2A. The year after the state championship they went to 5A for a couple of years before landing into 4A.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Mercer County was a 5A school playing in 2A. The year after the state championship they went to 5A for a couple of years before landing into 4A.

Still feel bad for Russell that year.

They were clearly the best 2A team in the State and Mercer had no business playing in 2A. They did not even have a true school that year...they were using the old Mercer County High School and cramming everyone in.

I actually spoke to some of the Mercer County administration at the start of that school year and it was pretty clear that the consolidation was a "had to happen right now" moment so they could take advantage of a special team while they had a window to have an advantage.

South Warren has been handed a gift by the KHSAA in 3A, but in their defense they at least were a true functioning consolidated school. South Warren is simply playing the hand they were dealt. Mercer in my mind abused the system to capitalize and win a title that Russell rightfully deserved.