Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Leslie County
I'm going with Valley in this one..

Shelby Valley 28
Leslie County 20
blue60 Wrote:The SV defense will shut Leslie down they have too much speed on the D line and at line backer for Leslie SV 21 Leslie 0.

:lmao:
64SUR Wrote::lmao:

Laugh if you want, valley held pburg to 26. Should've really been 18 if valley doesn't fumble on their own 20 yard line. You all couldn't keep ole Betsy Layne from putting 30 on you lol. But I guess Leslie county has the best offense in the state, also the best rub defense from what everyone says. I really don't even know why me or pburg or Betsy Layne fans even care. We all know that we have no shot to beat mighty Leslie.
Gator95 Wrote:Laugh if you want, valley held pburg to 26. Should've really been 18 if valley doesn't fumble on their own 20 yard line. You all couldn't keep ole Betsy Layne from putting 30 on you lol. But I guess Leslie county has the best offense in the state, also the best rub defense from what everyone says. I really don't even know why me or pburg or Betsy Layne fans even care. We all know that we have no shot to beat mighty Leslie.
Truer words never spoken.
I've seen both teams play, I have to give the advantage to S.V. they are too big and strong up-front, plus Chandler Rowe will be the best back on the field. I also think Leslie Co.'s defense is a little suspect.

S.V. 35
L.C. 12
School Admin. Wrote:I've seen both teams play, I have to give the advantage to S.V. they are too big and strong up-front, plus Chandler Rowe will be the best back on the field. I also think Leslie Co.'s defense is a little suspect.

S.V. 35
L.C. 12

Shelby Valley has 2 very good backs. #4 worried me every time he touched the ball. Small but explosive & elusive.
School Admin. Wrote:I've seen both teams play, I have to give the advantage to S.V. they are too big and strong up-front, plus Chandler Rowe will be the best back on the field. I also think Leslie Co.'s defense is a little suspect.

S.V. 35
L.C. 12

Youve not seen both teams play then because Leslie is much bigger up front on both sides of the line.
Big on the line is meaningless if they can't move. I've seen a lot of space fillers in my time.
Leslie countys defensive strong suit is stopping the run. Averageing 270 upfront on the Defensive line. Turnovers will be key in this game. Everyone is saying Leslie is going to overlook Shelby Valley as they got Prestonsburg next week, but i do not believe that will be the case. It will be a tough and physical game but i look for the Eagles-D to stop the run and pull this one out. It will not be a steam roll by either team. :flame:

Leslie County-30
Shelby Valley-22
I Rule The World Wrote:Youve not seen both teams play then because Leslie is much bigger up front on both sides of the line.

I have seen them both play, problem with this site is sometimes bias and hometown pride influence decisions. I don't have a crystal ball, so I cannot predict the future, but in my opinion S.V. is the better team and has the better O-Line and D-Line. You don't have to agree with me, its a free country, at least for now anyway.
Gator95 must be a player on the team and trying to boast up his team and try to give them confidence about winning this game. I hope shelby valley backs up everything you have said on here. but it doesnt really matter. Leslie knows SV is gonna and gonna "ATTEMPT" to run the ball all over leslie. Its going to be a good challenge for this young defense that doesn't start many seniors on defense. But they will have the advantage of the bigger and stronger D line like iv said before. But what makes the difference in the ball game is its being played on the banks of the middle fork river. Leslie is gonna be boosted and ready to play in font of there home crowd trying to punch thereself to that district tittle game. Leslie comes out with that win.
Middle Fork is a tough place to play.
E's Army Wrote:Middle Fork is a tough place to play.

Sometimes the Ghost of the pass rise up and become a factor, Couch, Whitaker, Sizemore, Rod Feltner, Hobie Hayes and Wendell Maggard just to name a few. Hard place to play, harder place to win. Go Eagles.
Confusednicker:
I'm not trying to ruffle up any feathers of the eagle fans by saying this. But one Leslie fan posted on here earlier laughing at Shelby valley's rushing game and said Leslie's run defense was "amazing". But before tomorrow I would just like to point out the fact that Shelby Valley ranks 3rd in all classes in total rushing yards. #1 in class 2A by a VERY large margin. I would also like to point out that Shelby Valley's run defense ranks 5th in all classes and #1 again in class 2A in run defense. They also rank 2nd in all classes in pass defense and are yet again #1 in class 2A. Leslie doesn't rank in the top 15 in any of the stats I just displayed. So if anyone's run defense in class 2A is "amazing" it's Valleys. I wish the best of luck to both teams tomorrow and GO VALLEY!!!
Cellking Wrote:Sometimes the Ghost of the pass rise up and become a factor, Couch, Whitaker, Sizemore, Rod Feltner, Hobie Hayes and Wendell Maggard just to name a few. Hard place to play, harder place to win. Go Eagles.
Confusednicker:
Walker, Wyatt, Campbell, Feltner from the 70's to name a few more. Eagles going to be hard to beat at home this game.
This is such a hard game to predict. If Shelby Valley can manage to hang onto the ball, they will be hard to stop. They also have a good defense that has played well most of the year. They should be able to get a win here. But...

SV has had a major problem with turnovers this year. Both of their losses to Paintsville and Prestonsburg can be directly attributed to failure to hang onto the ball. If they go out and put the ball on the field multiple times, not only will they short-circuit their offense, but they will put their defense in bad spots as well.

Hard to predict if SV will have problems with turnovers yet again. If they can limit it to no more than one TO, I'll say Valley by 7. But if the Cats don't take care of the ball, then Leslie wins by 7.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
While we are talking about Ghosts of the Past. In 99, Shelby Valley was supposed to beat Leslie because they had two running backs that averaged over 100 yards a game. Leslie went to Valley that year first round of playoffs and demolished them thanks to Leslie RB Johnny Lash who ran for almost 300 yards.

I think it is gonna be a great game. Hope Leslie can conjure up the ghost of Johnny Lash for tonights game.
hawg laig Wrote:Big on the line is meaningless if they can't move. I've seen a lot of space fillers in my time.

If you don't think Asher can move you are bad wrong. He is a man child and has very good feet.:biggrin:
What's all the talk about ghosts in this thread ? It's not the ghost in Leslie co. That worry me . Its the REFS !!!!!!!
Football fan 0 Wrote:What's all the talk about ghosts in this thread ? It's not the ghost in Leslie co. That worry me . Its the REFS !!!!!!!

Refs couldn't be any worse than a crew I got at Shelby Valley a few years back. Dang White Hat was Drunk !!!
This is 14th Region..

I think you're thinking about 13th Region officials.. They're all horrible...
SV-29
Leslie Co-20
Gator95 Wrote:I'm not trying to ruffle up any feathers of the eagle fans by saying this. But one Leslie fan posted on here earlier laughing at Shelby valley's rushing game and said Leslie's run defense was "amazing". But before tomorrow I would just like to point out the fact that Shelby Valley ranks 3rd in all classes in total rushing yards. #1 in class 2A by a VERY large margin. I would also like to point out that Shelby Valley's run defense ranks 5th in all classes and #1 again in class 2A in run defense. They also rank 2nd in all classes in pass defense and are yet again #1 in class 2A. Leslie doesn't rank in the top 15 in any of the stats I just displayed. So if anyone's run defense in class 2A is "amazing" it's Valleys. I wish the best of luck to both teams tomorrow and GO VALLEY!!!

Where are you getting your stats? Shelby Valley doesn't rank #1 in class 2A in any stat. Your ranked #5 in 2A for rushing yards allowed, both CAL, and DeSales are ahead of you by a wide margin, against better competition. You are #2 in passing yards allowed.

#3 in team rushing in 2A not #1 by a VERY large margin.

The top 2 defenses in 2A play tonight. CAL@DeSales
Gator95 is completely wrong on all regards.. Leslie countys defense is beyond amazing both OL and DL are averaging 270 on both sides of the ball. Also leslies offense does not get enough credit for what the do... leslie countys offense is as elite as any class 2A school in the state.. they have great connection and very versatile. Also on another point josh bray & James brock are easily the best receiver's in the region. The Valley can not & will not stop the leslie offense. leslie -34 Valley-12
Valley can not & will not stop leslie offense they are easily one of the best if not the best in class 2A football. Leslie-36 valley-12