Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg@Hazard 10/3
If Hazard wins this one they will more than likely win out and be 9-1 to end the regular season.
Hazard 33 Prestonsburg 27
Hazard is tough at home. If we can contain Jones like we did Pugh we can come away with a win.
Granny, are you bringing me a cake?
Still would like to know if any of the P-burg faithful who post on here will be in attendance. Would love to talk football with some.
Pburg-40
Hazard-20

Also think the Blackcats ride it all the way to BG this year, my sleeper pick, and when they are there shock the world and beat DeSales in a squeaker 21-20. Good luck from this old rival from Belfry.
Hazard--31
P-burg---21

I like the way Morgan has improved as the year has gone along.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Granny, are you bringing me a cake?

Ask #1BlackcatFan if he will share!!

Confusednicker:

Children, no pun intended but it's supposed to rain cats and dogs Friday night!!!
P-burg has never played well at Hazard, even during years the Bulldogs were a little down. Hoping this year is the year. Blackcats by 7, but the weather will be a factor.
Granny Bear Wrote:We're open this week...thankfully!! Hope to be healthier and have 2 RBs back by our next game.

So I'm coming to Hazard to watch this one. I think it will be the best game anywhere!! I gotta date, too!!
Wink

Prestonsburg by 10!!
Is Gut buying or you.
hawg laig Wrote:P-burg has never played well at Hazard, even during years the Bulldogs were a little down. Hoping this year is the year. Blackcats by 7, but the weather will be a factor.

I would have to disagree somewhat with that statement. Only because since 1998 they have only played at Hazard twice. In 2005 a 4-6 Prestonsburg team lost 16-14 to a 9-1 Hazard team. In 2012 both teams was 7-3 on the regular season and Hazard won 38-20. Hazard was the better team that year as they played in the state semi finals while Prestonsburg was over hyped and out the 2nd round of the playoffs.
E's Army Wrote:Is Gut buying or you.

You know I'm better than that!!
Confusednicker:

Well, I’ve waiting all season to watch the Blackcats play, and now I can’t be there!!! 

You guys will just have to go to Bowling Green this year, so I can watch a game!!!

Besides, the weather is supposed to be really bad Friday night. I was going to brave that storm, but somebody else changed my plans for me.

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game!!!
^You are going to miss a good one.
Mountains game of the week.
Granny Bear Wrote:You know I'm better than that!!
Confusednicker:

Well, I’ve waiting all season to watch the Blackcats play, and now I can’t be there!!! 

You guys will just have to go to Bowling Green this year, so I can watch a game!!!

Besides, the weather is supposed to be really bad Friday night. I was going to brave that storm, but somebody else changed my plans for me.

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game!!!

DRAT !!!

:HitWall:
hawg laig Wrote:P-burg has never played well at Hazard, even during years the Bulldogs were a little down. Hoping this year is the year. Blackcats by 7, but the weather will be a factor.

Probably so... But which team is -more- affected by a sloppy field ?? Understanding a slick surface increases the role "luck" plays, the two teams are kind of similar on the offensive side. Both teams have excellent power backs. Both throw the ball effectively, though P-burg's passing attack is a bit more downfield in nature.

Aimed at Pikeville fans (seen both teams) - Which team has more size in the trenches ??

Confusedhh:
Will be A good game, can you stop Jones?
What's the all time record of this series?
Granny Bear Wrote:Confusednicker:

Children, no pun intended but it's supposed to rain cats and dogs Friday night!!!

Not going to be a good time for the Homecoming parade and festivities. Sad
PBurg 33 Hazard 27
It's looking better for the rain event!! Changes of rain has dropped from 100% to 90%!!
I can stand a little bit of rain...
Granny Bear Wrote:It's looking better for the rain event!! Changes of rain has dropped from 100% to 90%!!

Confusednicker: So much better.
oneijoe Wrote:Probably so... But which team is -more- affected by a sloppy field ?? Understanding a slick surface increases the role "luck" plays, the two teams are kind of similar on the offensive side. Both teams have excellent power backs. Both throw the ball effectively, though P-burg's passing attack is a bit more downfield in nature.

Aimed at Pikeville fans (seen both teams) - Which team has more size in the trenches ??

Confusedhh:
Really about even. Having seen both, I like Prestonsburg in this matchup, but it will be a close game
I like that Prestonsburg held Pugh of Pikeville to under 100 yards. Eager to see if they can keep A healthy and more in shape Brandon Jones?
Hazard by 7
bac2369 Wrote:I like that Prestonsburg held Pugh of Pikeville to under 100 yards. Eager to see if they can keep A healthy and more in shape Brandon Jones?

That was week 0, don't think it would happen now that Pugh has valuable experience. I will be very shocked if Jones doesn't get 100+. I hope I am wrong, but Hazard will be a little better at home and win by a TD.
I agree I am sure Pugh is a better runner after getting full time duty. Running backs usually get better as the season progresses.
Jones runs down hill as well as anybody. Stopping him will be the key.
I think we will have a little trouble stopping Jones, but hope to contain him. I don't know of any team in the state that would not have trouble stopping him. He is simply a man child running the ball. Hopefully he gets winded in the 2nd half.

The Blackcats defense has been playing lights out the last few weeks, but against much lesser competition. If they continue the same play against Hazard we can pull away late in this one, but again I think Jones will get his early to keep this one close.

Prestonsburg 38
Hazard 33

Good luck to both on an injury free game.