Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Russell Out As Lynn Camp Coach
Stumpjumper Wrote:You know Hullets been gone for over a year now, right?

You know he hired Russell over Duncan over some kind of personal vendetta.
It is a shame The administration could not let the man finish the season as Head coach and leave with some dignity after the season. unless there is something I don't know about, there must a better resolution on how to solve this situation.
Campers were obviously going no where. There is not a good candidate on the staff to take the reigns. Why make this move now? Is there something going on we are not aware of?
Generally speaking, it's been my experience when someone is fired in the middle of a season, it has been conflict between administration and the staff. I'd say administration thinks they should be winning more, and over values THEIR knowledge of the game more than the coaches' knowledge and skills. I think (not a dig on Middlesboro) that what happened in Middlesboro with their coach is a prime example of that. They had a good one. I don't know this one well at all. But anyway, that's what I've seen over the years. I've not heard anything "bad" about Russell, so I tend to think this was just administration thinking they know better when they don't.
PHSForever Wrote:Generally speaking, it's been my experience when someone is fired in the middle of a season, it has been conflict between administration and the staff. I'd say administration thinks they should be winning more, and over values THEIR knowledge of the game more than the coaches' knowledge and skills. I think (not a dig on Middlesboro) that what happened in Middlesboro with their coach is a prime example of that. They had a good one. I don't know this one well at all. But anyway, that's what I've seen over the years. I've not heard anything "bad" about Russell, so I tend to think this was just administration thinking they know better when they don't.

Let me tell you this the admin does not give a crap about winning. They would give up football if they could. There were many things behind the scenes that caused this. Many in the community know why and are generally relieved. You can not treat kids like its 1970 any more and expect to get players out and play hard.
33 power Wrote:Let me tell you this the admin does not give a crap about winning. They would give up football if they. could. There were many things behind the scenes that caused this. Many in the community know why and are generally relieved. You can not treat kids like its 1970 any more and expect to get players out and play hard.

So it sounds as though you are saying that he was being too rough on them. Coach Farris is as "old school" as it gets, so I seriously doubt that he will go easier on them, but if they listen and stick it out, they may just learn a few things along the way.
Win with WTLLARD
SEKYFAN Wrote:So it sounds as though you are saying that he was being too rough on them. Coach Farris is as "old school" as it gets, so I seriously doubt that he will go easier on them, but if they listen and stick it out, they may just learn a few things along the way.
I miss spoke I should have said you can't treat players like crap.
I was told he didn't go to work or practice all week before a game and was told to stay home, but he didn't listen. Just a rumor i heard. I am sure what it boils down to is a conflict with administration.