Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Damien Harris go??
Here you go Granny

[YOUTUBE="Stoops lands"]OmeqwzP5WMU[/YOUTUBE]
question for those who may recall.

How does Harris look coming out of HS compared to Shaun Alexander and Michael Bush?
AtlPirateFan Wrote:question for those who may recall.

How does Harris look coming out of HS compared to Shaun Alexander and Michael Bush?

Can't speak on Alexander but Bush and Harris are two totally different players.

Bush was just a freak athlete. He was big and strong and could play QB, WR, or RB in HS. He wasn't real polished at any position though...just a phsyical specimen with uncanny athletic ability.

Harris is a polished prototype RB who will be college football ready the second he steps on campus.

You could do more things with Bush, but coming out of HS you knew he was going to have to acclimate to wherever he played.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If I am not mistaken, his decision date is in late December, I may be wrong, but if that's the case, his decision will be based on how much progress UK shows this year in SEC competition. If UK can win a couple of games against SEC opponents, and be competitive against the rest of the SEC, I see Harris committing. If UK doesn't compete in the SEC this year, I see him going to Ohio State. The kid wants to stay close to home, but you can't blame him for not going to UK unless they are competitive. With that being said, I believe Harris will choose UK, because the Cats will compete and win a few games this year in the SEC.

a win against Florida would be a good start Smile
FBfan4life Wrote:Offense is on the rise vs. the bad teams. Lets see how they do against the top tier teams.

offense is on the rise period.nobody expects Kentucky to compete for national championship in Stoops second year or ever. they will show much improvemement this year and compete with a few SEC schools and be even better next year.
I haven't had a chance to really pay much attention to UK football the last year but isn't the OC at UK the guy from Texas Tech who loves to toss the ball all over the place, is he still using that game plan? Would Harris fit into that type of offense?
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I haven't had a chance to really pay much attention to UK football the last year but isn't the OC at UK the guy from Texas Tech who loves to toss the ball all over the place, is he still using that game plan? Would Harris fit into that type of offense?
yes... Air Raid Offense...I'm sure no matter what if he picked up Harris he wouldn't pass so much..
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I haven't had a chance to really pay much attention to UK football the last year but isn't the OC at UK the guy from Texas Tech who loves to toss the ball all over the place, is he still using that game plan? Would Harris fit into that type of offense?

Yes! Neal Brown that played at Boyle County and at UK under Hal Mumme.
Kid looks good kinda reminds me of Lacy from Bama. Not sure how big he is looks thick 220 225. UK could sure use him. Get Baker from Ashland next year and have Thunder and Lighting.
Bush is much more like a Randall Cobb type player.

Harris is a true running back.
Alexander was good, but he wasn't this good at Boone County.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:

I like the lick that kid laid on Harris. Sounded good.

Do they actually let Madison Southerns PA guy talk while the ball is in play? I don't remember that last year. But I did leave after the first quarter lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I like the lick that kid laid on Harris. Sounded good.

Do they actually let Madison Southerns PA guy talk while the ball is in play? I don't remember that last year. But I did leave after the first quarter lol.

he got hammered on that playConfusederiously:
I was very close to A player who could have named his school, I know what it's like,. any boy who lives and plays high school ball as close as Harris to his home state university, has pressure on him you would not believe, first will come from his fellow students I bet 95% of which are UK fans. That has to have A bearing on his decision, you won't see to many OHIO STATE or Alabama T shirts walking up the hall at Madison Southern. Don't ever doubt that all the business men in Richmond who are big money raisers for the uk athletic program have been ask to pay him A visit. every person that is important and has been so during his HS development will contact his mother, him and his father. I really can't tell you just what all is involved I can tell you with all those things and KY on the rise, and the obvious ability of Coach Stoops to recruit. I will tell you it will be between UK and the rest of the colleges. If he goes to UK he can see his Mom and Dad when he wants to he can take his dirty laundry home mom can take care of that, and he can get some home cooking, I will take UK and give you your choice of the rest and bet anyone out there that he will be A Wildcat the
T-CATS Wrote:Kid looks good kinda reminds me of Lacy from Bama. Not sure how big he is looks thick 220 225. UK could sure use him. Get Baker from Ashland next year and have Thunder and Lighting.

it would be nice to see the NFL speed in Lexington Smile
How many miles to Columbus? Parents will have to travel quit a bit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I like the lick that kid laid on Harris. Sounded good.

Yeah...the P.A. guy is a hell raiser!
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Here you go Granny

[YOUTUBE="Stoops lands"]OmeqwzP5WMU[/YOUTUBE]

You never cease to amaze me AtlPirate!! Thanks.

FarristownFlyer Wrote:Yeah...the P.A. guy is a hell raiser!

So is ours'! I love that stuff!! This is just a confirmation of my statement about Dunbar! Silly FarristownFlyer!!
I guess we will have to wait three months and hope UK pulls some wins of any kind. He knows he would immediately impact the game once he puts on the UK jersey. Reminds me of the guy who went to Oklahoma back in the 80's. ESPN did a story on him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
^^
Marcus Dupree?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bush is much more like a Randall Cobb type player.

Harris is a true running back.
Alexander was good, but he wasn't this good at Boone County.

As much as I hate to admit this.... :HitWall:

RIUTG made a great post :biggrin:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:As much as I hate to admit this.... :HitWall:

RIUTG made a great post :biggrin:

:biglmao:
I hope he becomes a Buckeye.
100 DOLLARS HE WILL BE a WILDCAT. 64 WILL HOLD THE BET FOR BOTH SIDES.
If Alabama really wants him, that is where he will go. Nobody pays more than the Crimson Tide in football.
KyDan74 Wrote:If Alabama really wants him, that is where he will go. Nobody pays more than the Crimson Tide in football.

With what authority do make A statement like that. There are A few schools and coaches who don't have to even recruit they just pick the ones they want example Calipari, Saban are two perfect examples.
KyDan74 Wrote:If Alabama really wants him, that is where he will go. Nobody pays more than the Crimson Tide in football.

So does the check have a lot of zeros?????

If Harris came to UK, Brown would find a way to get him the ball.
I hope he decides to attend UK. I think it would be hard to turn down Bama though. It would be a hard decision for sure. Do you stay home and be a hero or do you choose to play for the most prominent program in the country?
Do you folks follow and read his tweeter feed? He constantly raves about the Tides and the Bucks program. Unfortunately very seldon about the Cats. Which leads me to believe that he might be heading north or southwest of Berea. Just saying.