Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Damien Harris go??
Just curious what peoples heard and who they really think he will sign with. It's down to Florida,Kentucky,Ohio St,Alabama,and Texas AM.. I honestly think its a two horse race between Kentucky and Ohio St but can never count out Alabama.. I think when it's all said in done in december he's a Wildcat.
While I would love to see him stay at home and play for big blue I think he goes to a school with more tradition.
The OSU but hoping Stoops Troops can change his mind.
^
He couldn't have picked a better time to visit OSU than last weekend lol.
I think it's going to be UK.
Is it just me but I think he damien looks like ray rice and plays like he did coming out of high school...
With all the running backs we have already, will that hurt us? How deep is the Ohio St runni dept chart?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Not sure on OSU depth but in SEC UK can't have enough RBs.
I hope UK but wouldn't surprise me if he went to Alabama.
Kentucky steal Harris from Ohio State.....I Hope. :Cheerlead
I think he's ends up at UK.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Is it just me but I think he damien looks like ray rice and plays like he did coming out of high school...

Im not just saying this.
He looks much better than Rice did his first year at Rutgers.
He can't say OSU fans are giving him more love and exposure than the BBN! You should se what fans put on his twitter handle. Amazing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Really, if you were the number one RB in nation would you go to UK? I would find the best lineman I could. Have to be thinking next level.
I think he stays home. Kentucky offense is on the rise.
I honestly think he will stay in Kentucky!
Stoops wants the kid bad and I think he is pulling out all the stops to get him..
UK has been fortunate enough to pull off some big signs in the past. Couch was huge, could have went anywhere in the country. I won't say that I am sure he is going to be a Wildcat, but Stoops and his staff have done a great job so far so it wouldn't shock me, they are doing all they can to get Harris, that is a fact. Good luck to them, man, that would be sweet seeing him running the ball in Commonwealth Stadium!
He can become a legend at Kentucky. He can take a chance at another school, but they won't still love him if he gets hurt like Big Blue Fans would. It is his home state and lives right down the road. Why would he go somewhere else?
If I am not mistaken, his decision date is in late December, I may be wrong, but if that's the case, his decision will be based on how much progress UK shows this year in SEC competition. If UK can win a couple of games against SEC opponents, and be competitive against the rest of the SEC, I see Harris committing. If UK doesn't compete in the SEC this year, I see him going to Ohio State. The kid wants to stay close to home, but you can't blame him for not going to UK unless they are competitive. With that being said, I believe Harris will choose UK, because the Cats will compete and win a few games this year in the SEC.
I hope Harris goes to UK as well but he will NOT run all over the SEC at UK like he could at other SEC schools (Bama, A&M) If you were to honestly think what was best for him is UK the best fit? FOR HIM? I hate to say it but him being at UK just makes him another SEC back(maybe less) compared to what his potential could be behind the O-line of one of the elites.
From what I know from talking to Damien he is excited that UK and this state is showing him this much love...and I think he could care less about the depth at UK because he walks in and is better than all the RB's they have. On the flip side Coach Meyer and that staff have been on him since DAY 1. OSU was one of his first visits after Michigan, and Damien speaks how family oriented he feels in Columbus. I really do hope Damien winds up at UK, but I think his pro stock will be better at OSU and lets face it...Big 10 defenses are not SEC defenses, and he has a shot every year just because of the conference to play for a National Title at OSU. Even in Kentucky's best year they are an 8 win team...maybe. When you play Alabama, Florida, A&M, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Georgia...how good can KY really be. I love UK, but OSU is a football school. I HOPE HE PICKS UK...but for him I think OSU is a better fit...and...Never count out Saban...LOL...so really...I HAVE NO CLUE!!!
If I'm the Harris kid I want to run behind the biggest and baddest line there is with the most exposure.....so if Alabama is calling that's where I go

It's all about the rings and draft order and in 3 to 4 years you'd just about be guaranteed one there and a high spot in the draft.

He's thinking NFL not local legendary
FarristownFlyer....did Stoops fly in on a helicopter to watch him Friday??
He only list UK as one of his top choices just to put an ease to all Big Blue Nation. We all know that he will attend a more traditional running back U like Alabama, Ohio St. Don't be surprise if he chooses Oregon or other west coast schools. He was there for a week this summer and was able to showcase his talent out there.
pjdoug Wrote:I think he stays home. Kentucky offense is on the rise.

Offense is on the rise vs. the bad teams. Lets see how they do against the top tier teams.
I hope Kentucky as well...But it's also selfish for a Kentucky football fan to blame him if he chooses Alabama or Ohio State. Their past of running backs and playing at the next level is head and shoulders above any other college. I just hope he makes the decision that fits him best....And I hope more than anything that it is the college with the BLUE AND WHITE COLORS! Best of luck Damien!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I hope Kentucky as well...But it's also selfish for a Kentucky football fan to blame him if he chooses Alabama or Ohio State. Their past of running backs and playing at the next level is head and shoulders above any other college. I just hope he makes the decision that fits him best....And I hope more than anything that it is the college with the BLUE AND WHITE COLORS! Best of luck Damien!
your right Ohio St and Alabama has put alot of rbs in the nfl... But can you name how many came out of Urban Meyers system??? And Alabama has Yeldon, Henry who is a sophomore, and Tinpenny who is a redshirt freshman.. Not saying Harris couldn't play with any of those guys but thats a big depth chart to fight through.. I think if he goes to UK he and leonard Fournette at LSU will be fighting it out in a couple years for the top rb in the nation..
True...But Bama plays freshman RB's behind their horses of an offensive line. Him coming to Kentucky would be a great fit if it was maybe 2 more years down the road to where Stoops has his troops in line. We need the horses up front right now! As mentioned before, the strength of schedule that he would face at UK compared to OSU is laughable! He goes to Bama, he is ready to play and succeed now IMO! It's just my opinion but as I stated...I hope he does stay home. Going away to college isn't for everyone!
Granny Bear Wrote:FarristownFlyer....did Stoops fly in on a helicopter to watch him Friday??

Yeah...it was AWESOME...I was by the softball field when he flew in and it was a spectacle. I got to meet Coach Stoops...talk about a good friendly guy. I know he was all smiles because of why he was there, but I really thought he was a genuine guy.