Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Pikeville 8/30
Hazard will play this game hard and will win 20 to 7
Not sure if Hazards Rb graduated or not, but if he's back then it'll be a long night for pikeville's line backers. With Pugh not playing defense, it'll be even worse. Hazard by 2 td's if jones is back.
Hazard by 1 TD
Hazard has 13 seniors and about 10-11 will play. And yes Brandon Jones is back for hazard... So Pugh dont play on the defensive side of the ball??
Pikeville - 43

Hazard - 35
28-14 Pikeville
Hazard-34
Pikeville-27
This thread needs a poll. Looking about even to Hazard lean based on the comments. That's alright, that's why they play the games. Should be another fun one.
I hope to see these teams play twice.
bac2369 Wrote:I hope to see these teams play twice.

Better video bac2369 Williamsburg will stop this match-up....64SUR Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Better video bac2369 Williamsburg will stop this match-up....64SUR Confusednicker:
Why video? It's on tv. :biglmao:
PHSForever Wrote:Why video? It's on tv. :biglmao:

Because more than likely it will be Williamsburg vs pikeville or ( sleeper team Paintsville ) bac2369 wants to see pikeville and hazard play twice this year it want happen PHSForever. :biglmao:
Hazard wins in OT..
I'm going with the Dawgs in this one.. I think Jones at RB for Hazard will be too much of a load for the Panthers.

Hazard 26
Pikeville 18
Spud6 Wrote:I'm going with the Dawgs in this one.. I think Jones at RB for Hazard will be too much of a load for the Panthers.

Hazard 26
Pikeville 18

Mr.Jones is a load....Williamsburg has a load in RB Fred Massey last week 6 carries for a 100yd. :truestory:
Pikeville
64SUR Wrote:Because more than likely it will be Williamsburg vs pikeville or ( sleeper team Paintsville ) bac2369 wants to see pikeville and hazard play twice this year it want happen PHSForever. :biglmao:

Williamsburg if they beat hazard @hazard then they will give Dixon his first home playoff loss.
For some reason, I like Pikeville in this game. Pikeville impressed me last week, by showing a lot of heart and determination, by coming from behind and beating a talented Prestonsburg team, in the final seconds. I think Hazard will be the more athletic team, but I think the Panthers toughness will prevail in the end. I like Pikeville's Qb, and I feel like the whole team feeds off his toughness. I was very impressed with his play last week in the fourth quarter, because he never seemed to get rattled, and he played with a lot of poise. With that being said, I like Pikeville in this game by a score of 35-28.
A lot will depend on if Jones is in shape. Last year he wasn't. Pikeville went on a 35-0 run after halftime to put the game away last year. If Pikeville cleans up the sloppy stuff I will go with:

Pikeville 35
Hazard 21

If Pikeville still has turnovers and doesn't clean up special teams it will be very close. And if Jones is in great shape and is in the game every play on both sides of the ball Hazard will be hard to beat.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard has 13 seniors and about 10-11 will play. And yes Brandon Jones is back for hazard... So Pugh dont play on the defensive side of the ball??

Could be a long night for Pikeville then depending on how Jones plays and how the line looks this year. And no he doesn't, I was very shocked when I watched the Pburg game and noticed he wasn't playing D. That would make their defense scary. Heard they were wanting to make sure he was fresh for offense, but IMO this is high school football. He's not going D1 but he's a heck of a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Not just a rb or a linebacker. But he's a great player. I just don't see how they can have him sit on the sidelines knowing what kind of impact he would have on the defense. But I'm not gonna criticize to much, they just beat a good pburg team. But could've been easier with pugh on D.
I can't wait to watch this one on tv.
Gator95 Wrote:Could be a long night for Pikeville then depending on how Jones plays and how the line looks this year. And no he doesn't, I was very shocked when I watched the Pburg game and noticed he wasn't playing D. That would make their defense scary. Heard they were wanting to make sure he was fresh for offense, but IMO this is high school football. He's not going D1 but he's a heck of a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Not just a rb or a linebacker. But he's a great player. I just don't see how they can have him sit on the sidelines knowing what kind of impact he would have on the defense. But I'm not gonna criticize to much, they just beat a good pburg team. But could've been easier with pugh on D.

No way will it be a long night for Pikeville. They hung 62 on a Hazard team that lost a lot of very good players. Pugh had surgery, be patient. He is the one player Pikeville cannot afford to lose. You will see him on D when the chips are all on the line IMO. Also remember that Vanderbeck and Salyer didn't play against P'burg and they both will start on D, and Cody Charles will be back also and you have a chance of having a very very good defense.
jetpilot Wrote:No way will it be a long night for Pikeville. They hung 62 on a Hazard team that lost a lot of very good players. Pugh had surgery, be patient. He is the one player Pikeville cannot afford to lose. You will see him on D when the chips are all on the line IMO. Also remember that Vanderbeck and Salyer didn't play against P'burg and they both will start on D, and Cody Charles will be back also and you have a chance of having a very very good defense.

Sure would be nice to see him eligleable for this game. He is a difference maker for sure. Don't mean to say we can't beat the Dawgs without him. But like you said, the defense will be very, very good with him.
IMO, having Cody back takes them to the next level in the secondary more than anything. Skill players galore on offense, but he gives them a CB that basically can play like a SS and help be a run stopper. Almost like another LB on the field, just one who can also cover. Hes out, obviously, but will be nice to have him back. I'm looking forward to the Pike County Bowl!
Correct me if I am wrong, but I would think that Cody would see time at RB as well? That kid is really explosive when he makes a tackle defensively. If hehas the same explosiveness hitting the whole as a RB, I would think he would make a great RB in the spread.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I would think that Cody would see time at RB as well? That kid is really explosive when he makes a tackle defensively. If hehas the same explosiveness hitting the whole as a RB, I would think he would make a great RB in the spread.
I think primarily as a slot receiver when on offense, but capable at RB. That was how he was used previously when he played on offense.
Gator95 Wrote:Could be a long night for Pikeville then depending on how Jones plays and how the line looks this year. And no he doesn't, I was very shocked when I watched the Pburg game and noticed he wasn't playing D. That would make their defense scary. Heard they were wanting to make sure he was fresh for offense, but IMO this is high school football. He's not going D1 but he's a heck of a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Not just a rb or a linebacker. But he's a great player. I just don't see how they can have him sit on the sidelines knowing what kind of impact he would have on the defense. But I'm not gonna criticize to much, they just beat a good pburg team. But could've been easier with pugh on D.
Skeens will develop into the LB role pretty nicely. I thought he did a pretty good job against Pburg, brings some very good speed and toughness to that position, he chased Jarrell down at least twice that I remember. It lets them save the beating on Pugh. At the 1A level, ANY chance you get to utilize depth without having a big drop off, you take it. It will save Pugh for when the games really matter at playoff time, if he is needed.
Skeens was Pikeville's leading tackler last week with 12.5, with 2.5 tackles for loss and 1 sack. He was also the Panther that got to Jarrell on the 3rd down pass late in the game and forced the incompletion. The young man has been a great addition to the Panthers.
PHSForever Wrote:I think primarily as a slot receiver when on offense, but capable at RB. That was how he was used previously when he played on offense.

Who is the better RB of the two, Maynard or Charles?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Who is the better RB of the two, Maynard or Charles?
IMO only, I think Maynard is. Just seems to have a better feel for where a hole is or will be. Very underrated player. But then again, Cody could fill in if needed there, I'm sure. Right now though, between Blake Charles, Daric Pugh, and Austin Charles, there is plenty of hammering that can happen with that group and Maynard adds a nice change of pace as a elusive back. Don't get me wrong, Daric and Austin and even Blake can move well and create, I just personally happen to think Maynard adds a little something different. So if it were me, I would leave Cody at DB and some WR on offense, be ready if he has to spell someone for a breather anywhere else. Of course, I'm not the coach, so who knows what their plans are? Lol