Poll: who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
33.33%
McCracken
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ McCracken County 8/29
See me on Saturday to tell me how wrong I was.
I'm going with McCracken 35-21.
Mayfield comes in punches the Goliath McCracken straight in the mouth! McCracken strikes back with their enormous army of athletes and figure out that little mayfield will not go away! Mayfield 28 McCracken 27
We are outmatched Nimby. Just follow what they are all saying.
I dont know but this is our chance to find out wat were made of ..hope Joe has them ready.. at least the heat wont be as bad..
I like the dog Mayfield by A conversion.
When we get Mayfield I want them to be undefeated.
Careful what you wish for.
topnotch Wrote:When we get Mayfield I want them to be undefeated.

Mustangs are going to run wild.
I watched the first half of the Tilghman/McCracken game and from what I saw Tilghman did like they always do and killed themselves, some of that you can blame on implementing a new system but a ton of offsides and other penalties. Mayfield did not make those kind of mistakes in the first game against Fort Campbell and I don't expect it to happen this week either. McCracken gave up a lot of yards on the run so I expect Mayfield to exploit that just to keep the ball out of McCracken's hands. If Mayfield can play ball control and mix in the pass to keep the defense honest, I say Mayfield has a good shot at pulling it out. I don't like our chances if we get into a scoring contest. I think the Mayfield Defense is ahead of the offense at this point but you can't depend on it for a whole game, they have to come off the field and get a rest.
Yeah the mustangs will be running all right, probably to the sidelines at each timeout asking Orville why this small school team just won't go away.
I'm going with the final I just had playing blitz the league. 43-36 may field after trailing by 16. Nick workman has a pick and a bunch of good hits according to how it just went.
This is a game where fundamentals, discipline and coaching will decide the outcome because the margin will be close. I give Mayfield the edge in all three. There are few if any better close game situation strategists in the state of Ky. than Joe Morris.

McCracken will not throw for 300 yards against Mayfield and Mayfield does not have a past record of giving up big plays or allowing opponents to score off turnovers like Paducah Tilghman gave McCracken.

Most Tilghman fans support Mayfield outside of one Friday night a year.
It's the same way with Mayfield fans.
I support Mayfield outside of one game a year, but I really believe that McCracken has the right athletes this year to knock off the young Cardinals.

Morris will always get the edge in the coaching department, but MC has the edge in the players this year from what I have seen.

I say what I have seen because honestly its too early in the season to completely judge a team such as Mayfield who had a large roster turnover.
Win or lose the Cardinals still have a lot more upside.
No love for mayfield in the paducah sun 9 out of 10 picking picked mccracken with the lone exception being mayfields radio station.
We are seldom the David in these match ups. But, our little, outclassed, young, outsized boys wearing red and black will gladly carry that stone onto the field if battle at 7p tonight and see what happens. I think there will be many that are just as surprised as the ones that witnessed what David did so many years ago.
killbilly usmc Wrote:No love for mayfield in the paducah sun 9 out of 10 picking picked mccracken with the lone exception being mayfields radio station.

Join the club, us too.......