Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield @ McCracken County 8/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow here we go ... One of the premier match ups in western ky since the consolidation of Heath Reidland and Loan Oak. This game last year came down to the wire on a missed field goal by Mchs 35-34 with Mayfield comming out on top. This year, well , could be much of the same with Mchs's explosive offence and ability to score from any spot on the field at any time. There team speed is , well , just simply nuts.. several guys runnin 4.4 in the 40 and one that is a sophomore supposedly 4.3.
Mayfield comes into the second game of the year and with speed and depth of their own. Mayfields best attribute of speed is their lineman. On defence last week their speed and penetration stopped Fort Campbell for under a 100yrds . The lack of a seasond qb could prove to be detrimental to the cards having to rely on foot speed where they will be outmatched. Either way the hype for this game will be at a high.
Whats ya'lls opinions of who wins and why?
Ive got to take McCracken in this one.
Just a hunch

MC 34
Mayfield 20
Mf 28
mc 25
Mayfields got alot of speed of there own, especially defensively and this year, there depth should be better. However, most of Mayfields skill players are still young and a year or 2 away from being at there peak. Same with the line. That's where McCracken will have an advantage. Should be a great game, but, I'd lean to McCracken at home.. 28-21
Either way the scoreboard goes, we win. I say that because we will learn from this game against this kind of talent. I will say this, if we can stay close to the Stangs we should win 1a again.
Stoppin the jones kid will seem to be the key, while trying to stop the qb, and the #4 kid.. they all seemed to be some key players I saw against PT, while it seemed hughes was holding out. I feel we play a fairly clean game and keep turnovers to a minimum we will come out on top.. they graduated 19 seniors last year and lost their main threat , troutman at full back. He was a beast!! We contained and stopped their speed last year fairly well..They are the obvious favorites in this one but I feel we can definitely Turn the game in our favor just as offten as they can..Im not scared in saying after watching both teams play and depending on turn overs that Mayfield upsets this team two years in a row ..
McCracken by two touchdowns.
I want sugar coat this one.

McCracken County 44
Mayfield 21

:Cheerlead
First time I've picked against Mayfield in 2 years. McCracken in a very close game.
We can't control mccrackens weapons. Gonna be a long night for mayfield if we don't wrap up in the secondary. I hate to say it but I don't think we can win this one after watching the stangs lastnight
We will win again in a close one.
Hate to say it but I for see
MC 35-7
They are the best in the West this year and we are stilling learning our way
I understand they are good an loaded with speed but I think paducah played very badly an are very small upfront.. not conditioned half as good as us either.. to me mccracken looked a lot better last year at this time.. they arnt 35-7 better than us..! On a all go wrong night maybe .. but we will be their toughest foe untill their playoff run. I feel we will do muchof the same with PT..it will be a close one.. im watching the rerun on tv right now and our D would keep their running game in check.. the qb will be the question mark.. the pass/run is what will keep us on our hills..
To say McCracken does not have some vulnerabilities is incorrect. Much of their scoring came on big plays or turnovers rather than sustained drives. After they get momentum, Haskins inexplicably pulls Hughes and the QB throws four incompletions and it killed a key drive.

Tilghman was able to break some runs, despite being heavily outmanned and having one of the smallest running backs I have seen in high school. PT's receivers dropped some passes thrown on their palms. The outcome could have been two TD's closer than it was without too much having to happen but it also could have been worse. Hughes will have to have a better game.

I doubt Mayfield will get burned on the screens like Tilghman's inexperienced defense did.
Very tough matchup for Mayfield. Not entirely impossible but will be a tough challenge.
It is a tough matchup, but, I can see Mayfield being a tough matchup for McCracken, also. Mayfield has a deep, fast and talented backfield this year and if they can move the ball on the ground, move the chains and shorten the game, the Cards have a very good shot in the game. I think the kicking game is also big in this one. If Herndon continues to kick touchbacks, that forces McCracken to go 80 yards on every drive, and, with Mayfield's D, that wont be too easy. I think the Cards can slowdown the run game, so, the Stangs will have to be able to throw the ball at least fairly effective. If the Cards hang around for 3 quarters, I think that could frustrate them, as they play well with a lead, but, tend to tighten up when it's close, at least from a coaching standpoint. If it's close late, I think Coach Morris and his staffs history of big game experience really comes into play. Mayfields OL and secondary will have to play well, but, if they do, I could definately see them winning this game.
Mayfield loses in this and there first loss in a while.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:It is a tough matchup, but, I can see Mayfield being a tough matchup for McCracken, also. Mayfield has a deep, fast and talented backfield this year and if they can move the ball on the ground, move the chains and shorten the game, the Cards have a very good shot in the game. I think the kicking game is also big in this one. If Herndon continues to kick touchbacks, that forces McCracken to go 80 yards on every drive, and, with Mayfield's D, that wont be too easy. I think the Cards can slowdown the run game, so, the Stangs will have to be able to throw the ball at least fairly effective. If the Cards hang around for 3 quarters, I think that could frustrate them, as they play well with a lead, but, tend to tighten up when it's close, at least from a coaching standpoint. If it's close late, I think Coach Morris and his staffs history of big game experience really comes into play. Mayfields OL and secondary will have to play well, but, if they do, I could definately see them winning this game.

if...McCracken will lay the smack down on them :truestory:
pjdoug Wrote:if...McCracken will lay the smack down on them :truestory:

Lots of if's on both sides..I guarantee it won't be a smackdown..McCracken should win.. A good 6a team SHOULD beat a good 1a team, but, McCracken will have to do a whole lot more than just show up and flex it's muscles.. Mayfield thrives on games like this when they're given little chance to win.. Confusedhh:
If mccracken wins they will know they was in a game. strong 6a team or not mayfield wont lay down and let them have it.
We will win.
Hughes and McCracken roll in this one
McCracken grew up pretty fast last year. It won't be long before they will be ready for St. X and Trinity. Mayfield ALWAYS gives the big schools all they want, but I think McCracken will take this one.
As good as mysonis55 says the stangs are I'm going with them to win 28-14.
Need to keep mayfield on the front page of BGR.....Confusednicker:
I'll go with McCracken by a few something.
I'm going to take McCracken County in the rematch from last season
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Lots of if's on both sides..I guarantee it won't be a smackdown..McCracken should win.. A good 6a team SHOULD beat a good 1a team, but, McCracken will have to do a whole lot more than just show up and flex it's muscles.. Mayfield thrives on games like this when they're given little chance to win.. Confusedhh:

Mayfield is good but it will surprise me if McCracken doesn't hammer them hard this year.I think they are a team on the rise.
mysonis55 Wrote:We will win.

keep trying to convince yourself:biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:We will win.

You will lose from 64SUR.....:Sad04:
Pages: 1 2