Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall Leaving Marshall
Bob Seger Wrote::Thumbs:

And yet not a single one of them can figure out why everyone else on here thinks they are all the laughingstocks of this website.

Point proven one more time.:popcorn:
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....Naw, I think there is enough overtime put in that already to make that a sufficient effort.

Look, it's fine that you have a personal problem with me because I honestly couldn't care less.

However, I want to take a second to defend my initial statement and say that myself and many, many others have NO idea why you became so offended by it in the first place. I was diplomatic and wished Shane well. I wasn't condescending. In the short of it -- all I said was that he basically ripped up an $80k check, in the form of four years of tuition, housing, books, and meals. And at the end of the day, that's a true statement. We all know it.

For someone to believe in you and recognize how truly talented you are, that's a compliment.

I also said I'm not mad at the kid -- he's a kid. But to suggest to a child that it's a good idea to give up on a four year ride to Marshall University is irresponsible, at best. Yes, we can support him. I've shown support to him and to Johnson Central. I cheered for them in the Sweet 16. You can ask the coaching staff, they caught me in Rupp Arena sporting black and gold attire. I enjoyed seeing Shane as a finalist at the Mr. Basketball event. I enjoyed as many JC games as my schedule would allow.

I also want to say I was an advocate for the Central girls to the KHSAA when the softball fiasco went on. For you to be angry with me as if I'm anti-Johnson Central is absurd. It's the farthest thing from the truth.

I haven't said an ill word. I've spoken the truth. End of story.
kaylamoore Wrote:Look, it's fine that you have a personal problem with me because I honestly couldn't care less.

However, I want to take a second to defend my initial statement and say that myself and many, many others have NO idea why you became so offended by it in the first place. I was diplomatic and wished Shane well. I wasn't condescending. In the short of it -- all I said was that he basically ripped up an $80k check, in the form of four years of tuition, housing, books, and meals. And at the end of the day, that's a true statement. We all know it.

For someone to believe in you and recognize how truly talented you are, that's a compliment.

I also said I'm not mad at the kid -- he's a kid. But to suggest to a child that it's a good idea to give up on a four year ride to Marshall University is irresponsible, at best. Yes, we can support him. I've shown support to him and to Johnson Central. I cheered for them in the Sweet 16. You can ask the coaching staff, they caught me in Rupp Arena sporting black and gold attire. I enjoyed seeing Shane as a finalist at the Mr. Basketball event. I enjoyed as many JC games as my schedule would allow.

I also want to say I was an advocate for the Central girls to the KHSAA when the softball fiasco went on. For you to be angry with me as if I'm anti-Johnson Central is absurd. It's the farthest thing from the truth.

I haven't said an ill word. I've spoken the truth. End of story.

Sheeesh!!!

Promise?

Would you put that in writing?
Bob Seger Wrote:Sheeesh!!!

Promise?

I see you edited your post here…Thanks, but let's try to let people have their own opinions and move on. You've spoken your peace and so has everyone else. If you don't have anything else to add about the topic of this thread then leave it be.
Bob Seger Wrote:Sheeesh!!!

Promise?

No but I'll make sure and tweet about it for 14K people to see. Confusedhh:
jammin' jamey Wrote:I see you edited your post here…Thanks, but let's try to let people have their own opinions and move on. You've spoken your peace and so has everyone else. If you don't have anything else to add about the topic of this thread then leave it be.

Thought that was what I was trying to do....Didn't appear I was getting any co-operation on that.(But I kinda figured that...lol)
kaylamoore Wrote:No but I'll make sure and tweet about it for 14K people to see. Confusedhh:

:Thumbs: Oh, If only I could be one of the masses....

See Jamey, some wont let it be and let it die...

Isn't there some sort of Title XIII something or other that could apply on the scolding stuff here?:biggrin:

But to be in compliance, I'll attempt to move on once again.
I'd love for Shane to end up at UPike, but does the kid even really want to play basketball anymore? I hate to question someones heart for the game but sometimes it seems like he just don't love it.
Come to UPike, I'll cheer for you.
Whoever said Shane can't start at UPike is nuts.
Best of luck to you Shane.
I've been out of the loop with this class, including Shane Hall's situation. A lot going on with the new staff at Marshall and with Shane it seems as well.

He's got the talent to play there, I think we're down to A: he just doesn't want to start this new part of life yet. Not every kid is excited to go from being the big man on campus and in the area to in a comparative fish bowl and having to fight for respect all over again. Or B: there's a few things under the surface influencing his decision, not necessarily bad or good, which is just fine...happens all the time.

My preferred scenario for Shane Hall, a really good and respectful guy from my experience, is that he ends up at a program like possibly sticking with Marshall (not sure if he even can?), or doing this...

Either staying at the level of program like Marshall and playing for a team like Tennessee, Butler, WKU, Wright State, UAB, Morehead State, Indiana State, Miami (OH)...those all offered, while programs like Purdue, Cincy, Indiana, Xavier all gave decent interest or inquired about Hall. After all, a technically skilled, long and quick 6'8 PF who has the potential to be an excellent in-and-out screen & pop 4 man is always worth showing interest to and gauging interest back.

Here's some links for Hall's recruiting profiles...ultimately, I still think he will eventually be a fairly successful D1 college basketball player. It may still end up being Marshall, or Butler, or quite possibly Tennessee who's new coach Tyndall recruited while he was at Morehead. Either way, all the luck to the kid, wouldn't it be cool to have G Cam Justice at Vandy, F Justin Johnson at frequent NCAA-tournament team Western Kentucky, and F Shane Hall at Tennessee...how cool would that be? Pretty awesome even if Hall goes to a lesser school or quits basketball.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Shane-H...tInterests

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/shane-hall

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basket...shane-hall
^Couldn't agree more.
Wish Mr. Hall all the best..
A Good kid with a lot of talent. A great fit for this kid would be at UPike under a great coach. Coach Kelly Wells would develop this kid and would be a great player before he graduated. Anybody who knows this kid please advise him to go to UPike.
Wish this kid the best.....Agreed UPike be nice fit.
Wish him the best
Any word on Shane I hope he is going to be playing ball for somebody this season.
Shall Hall would be a really nice addition to UPIKE. He is an elite athlete and good skill. He is going to have to develop a motor to be a star there though. Cannot just show up and be the super star.
I was told he is at Prestonsburg Community College
Jim Booth will be happy. Another coal miner coming his way!
Don't think his heart is in basketball
He had so much talent .wish he loved the game .
I wish him all the best but dang, this seems to be a trend with our East,Ky boys..I hope he decides to play elsewhere..A full ride is worth so much, more than most young people realize. It would be great if he could pick one up somewhere else..
Shane is very talented! I think JC done him a injustice always letting him do what he wantted. When you go to the next level of playing you also have to step up your gameand he wasn't able. The coaches never pushed him.
If he don't have the determination to play at Marshall, then he couldn't make it at UPike either. Coach Wells is just as demanding, if not more, than Marshall would be. I'm not sure UPike isn't a better all-around program than Marshall right now anyway, other than the difference in levels. UPike has just as good, if not better players. Unfortunate that we have a lot of talented kids in eastern KY that just don't have the drive to succeed.
The young man made his choice. He is happy with it. His status at Marshall has no effect on anyone else in the entire world. Were any of you angry people going to go support him at Marshall or even watch a second of action? Please, type away if you played four years of division I basketball and explain how it has led you to this point in your life. Congratulations for Shane for doing what makes him happy.
Wish him the best.
I wish this young man the best, always loved watching him play. He was always my sons favorite play in the sweet 16. I will say that maybe just maybe he got burnt out on playing. We sometimes don't realize all the stress we put on young people going non-stop year round because we think that is the formula for success or for exposure. It might be, but it also is taxing on young people. I remember in my day, you played football, went to basketball, then went to baseball or track. I think that helped with the burn out theory. But now, the myth of you must concentrate on one and dedicate every waking hour to it may have contributed to what we are seeing here, especially when I see people mention his heart and the game. BEST WISHES Shane, enjoy your life.
hardcore1 Wrote:I wish this young man the best, always loved watching him play. He was always my sons favorite play in the sweet 16. I will say that maybe just maybe he got burnt out on playing. We sometimes don't realize all the stress we put on young people going non-stop year round because we think that is the formula for success or for exposure. It might be, but it also is taxing on young people. I remember in my day, you played football, went to basketball, then went to baseball or track. I think that helped with the burn out theory. But now, the myth of you must concentrate on one and dedicate every waking hour to it may have contributed to what we are seeing here, especially when I see people mention his heart and the game. BEST WISHES Shane, enjoy your life.

I agree completely...:betterthanexpected:
Does anyone have any idea what his plans are long term? Or is he in a wait and see mode? Sometimes a year off can rekindle the love for a sport.
Hope he ends up playing somewhere .