Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shane Hall Leaving Marshall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hearing rumblings that former Johnson Central standout and All-State forward Shane Hall has left the Marshall men’s basketball program. Shane worked out with the team earlier this summer with the arrival of new coach Dan D’Antoni and was even interviewed by WSAZ about his new experience with the Thundering Herd…Also hearing that D’Antoni may have made a recommendation to Hall that he leave the program, but that’s unconfirmed…A finalist for Mr. Basketball, Hall had 70 career double-doubles, and set a school record with 1,147 rebounds. His 472 blocked shots are second most in state history. He had 1,756 points.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope that if he continues to want to pursue basketball as a way to receive an education that he’ll take some time, re-evaluate his situation and look at other opportunities.
This is also being reported by the Charleston Daily Mail..http://www.charlestondailymail.com/artic...29739/1278
Good luck to you Shane in what ever you decide.
D'Antoni has not even been with the team yet. There is zero truth that he would've "recommended" Shane leave the program.
Wow!!
I said all along he wouldn't play at Marshall
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...t-Marshall
Hall won't play basketball at Marshall

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headline...99191.html
Hall leaves Marshall, UPike interested

Note: Second link said for now, Hall DIRECTLY SAID he will attend Big Sandy Community College (and explore other options).
Good luck to Shane Hall from 64SUR. What ever you decide to do in life...:worthy:
IMO, he needs to go play somewhere like Alice Lloyd College where he would have a chance to be a four year starter. He wouldn't play much at UPike.
I hate to hear this. I wish him luck in whatever path he chooses and hope he finds happiness.
College athletics are fine but it's not for everyone..It's a completely different world than playing in high school...It's very time consuming, as it takes over every single second of whatever time you are not spending in the classroom (year round)..For most the fun is gone...You absolutely have to love the game to sacrifice 4 years of your life to play at that level....College athletics (and the experience), are in my opinion, waaaay over rated....My advice to kids are to have fun and enjoy your high school years and don't be obsessed with playing after high school...There is nothing wrong with worrying more about what will put food on your table for the rest of your lives. Really it's probably the smart decision.
Bob Seger Wrote:College athletics are fine but it's not for everyone..It's a completely different world than playing in high school...It's very time consuming, as it takes over every single second of whatever time you are not spending in the classroom (year round)..For most the fun is gone...You absolutely have to love the game to sacrifice 4 years of your life to play at that level....College athletics (and the experience), are in my opinion, waaaay over rated....My advice to kids are to have fun and enjoy your high school years and don't be obsessed with playing after high school...There is nothing wrong with worrying more about what will put food on your table for the rest of your lives. Really it's probably the smart decision.

Segar I hope you are right about this, and you are correct about putting food on the table. I just hate that a kid that had this basketball talent is losing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity in the means of continuing his career in hoops and a free education to boot with a degree. I'm not saying he cannot obtain one at Big Sandy then move on to college to complete it but man I'm thinking about all that time put in not only at the high school level but also at summer camps and AAU play. I just feel really sad for his family that sacrificed as much as he did and potentially now nothing to show for it. I am not insinuating he will not obtain a degree just saying all that work to be as good as he was may just have been wasted but if he doesn't want to play basketball that's fine and it had to be a difficult thing to do. Best to him in the future.
Hated to see this on the news last night, it really came to me as a shocker! I wish the best for him in what ever he chooses to do, it's all about doing what makes him happy in the end.
Marshall likely demands practice out of their players everyday.
the 1 the only Wrote:Marshall likely demands practice out of their players everyday.

:biglmao:
the 1 the only Wrote:Marshall likely demands practice out of their players everyday.

KyRock Wrote::biglmao:

Yeah that is totally true and hilarious. The true part is college does require practice everyday. The hilarious part is, he put it all over you kids without having to practice hard or play hard :biglmao::Thumbs:
Ike Cooter Wrote:Yeah that is totally true and hilarious. The true part is college does require practice everyday. The hilarious part is, he put it all over you kids without having to practice hard or play hard :biglmao::Thumbs:
:Thumbs:

And yet not a single one of them can figure out why everyone else on here thinks they are all the laughingstocks of this website.
Personally, if we are talking about worrying over what is going to put food on your table for the rest of your life, let's discuss what could take said food away:

Student loan debt. Most of us are in it. Most of us pay hundreds of dollars per month towards these debts.

The reason a college athletics scholarship is absolutely worth it is because it has the potential to provide the student with a free education. Totally free as far as Shane was concerned.

I see it as a "job" for four years. They should too. You're not going to find one that valuable while you're attending college. No part-time job you could possibly obtain while attending school is going to pay $20K of tuition plus provide you meals and a place to live.

Every successful college athlete that I know said it was worth it and would do it all over again.

I know people are angry with the kid. I'm not. He's a kid. I'm monumentally disappointed in the bad decision he made. Disappointed in the amount of talent he possesses and doesn't want to use it because "basketball is too hard." Well, you know what's harder? Full-time college course, plus a real job, and having bills.

Choosing Big Sandy is financially the most sound decision he could make at this point, unless he's willing to play at Alice Lloyd. I wish him luck.
kaylamoore Wrote:Personally, if we are talking about worrying over what is going to put food on your table for the rest of your life, let's discuss what could take said food away:

Student loan debt. Most of us are in it. Most of us pay hundreds of dollars per month towards these debts.

The reason a college athletics scholarship is absolutely worth it is because it has the potential to provide the student with a free education. Totally free as far as Shane was concerned.

I see it as a "job" for four years. They should too. You're not going to find one that valuable while you're attending college. No part-time job you could possibly obtain while attending school is going to pay $20K of tuition plus provide you meals and a place to live.

Every successful college athlete that I know said it was worth it and would do it all over again.

I know people are angry with the kid. I'm not. He's a kid. I'm monumentally disappointed in the bad decision he made. Disappointed in the amount of talent he possesses and doesn't want to use it because "basketball is too hard." Well, you know what's harder? Full-time college course, plus a real job, and having bills.

Choosing Big Sandy is financially the most sound decision he could make at this point, unless he's willing to play at Alice Lloyd. I wish him luck.

Uh, Miss Moore, I can assure you I do have a little experience on the subject too.

Where and when did he say it was "TOO HARD"?

Perhaps, he has another "JOB" in mind, that he might like better..Perhaps he has academic financing....Just exactly how much student debt is he looking at anyways? Do you know answers to any of these to make that assumption?

I too have one that was very successful in college...Would he do it all over again?Yeah probably, but that's him...That's not you, it's not me, and it's not anyone else..if you don't like it, you just don't like it...Do something else.

I am very talented in many things myself, but just because I have a talent in one thing doesn't mean that that's what I want to do...Maybe I would rather do something else I'm good at instead.

It's his life, why should you care the first bit? And just who do you think you are to say it was a "BAD DECISION"?

Perhaps he thinks what you do is stupid and is a bad decision....You don't see him passing judgement on you doing what you like to do. DO YOU????

The bottom line, it's all really nothing more than bouncing a stupid ball on the floor , kicking one on a field, or throwing one into a mitt....It means almost zero in the big scheme of things.

Personally, when it comes down to likes, I don't like Huntington. I don't like Marshall. I don't like the campus, and I don't really like basketball much myself anymore....Maybe he feels the same way....If it were me in his shoes, I personally would not be too gung ho about going there either....Now that's just my personal taste...I guess he is not allowed to have taste buds too?
To answer your questions, yes. They aren't assumptions. You don't know who I am so I would appreciate that you toned the anger down and realized that maybe, just maybe, someone other than you, your highness, knows what they're talking about.
Seems like the thing with east ky kids they almost always end up quitting and coming home
kaylamoore Wrote:To answer your questions, yes. They aren't assumptions. You don't know who I am so I would appreciate that you toned the anger down and realized that maybe, just maybe, someone other than you, your highness, knows what they're talking about.

Oh but honey, I do, and POINT BLANK it's none of your business either.....lol

Hmmm, well since you've decided to go the nasty route: was you spittin in the wind and now it's blowing back?:biggrin:
It's funny that you think I care enough for your opinion to argue over it. I'll decide what is and isn't my business. So you can take several seats now.
kaylamoore Wrote:It's funny that you think I care enough for your opinion to argue over it. I'll decide what is and isn't my business. So you can take several seats now.

lol...Well now, looks like we got a badmamajama thang agoin on here!!

Oh, I knew you'd bite.....All the great "self promoters" do...It's just soo tempting that they just cant help themselves.

Wireman, Jones, Combs, "?????"

Will you forgive me for not being impressed?
I forgive you Smile
kaylamoore Wrote:I forgive you Smile

:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote::Thumbs:

And yet not a single one of them can figure out why everyone else on here thinks they are all the laughingstocks of this website.

What an idiot............ :biglmao: Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh but honey, I do, and POINT BLANK it's none of your business either.....lol

Hmmm, well since you've decided to go the nasty route: was you spittin in the wind and now it's blowing back?:biggrin:

Picking on Women..... And especially one that knows more than you do and you still argue. :lame: :Shaking:
KyRock Wrote:Picking on Women..... And especially one that knows more than you do and you still argue. :lame: :Shaking:
Careful... you'll be accused of "promoting" me. Confusednicker:
kaylamoore Wrote:Careful... you'll be accused of "promoting" me. Confusednicker:

lol....Naw, I think there is enough overtime being put in that already, to make that a sufficient effort.

But that's alright. If you can make a buck off it, certainly go for it.

Bottom line is, it is what it is, what it is, what it is!!

We cool.
Pages: 1 2 3