Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 47 Knox Central 44
Allen may score 64 against the burgs bigs. They don't want any part of the paint. Smith and Wolfe could get 32 apiece which equals 64 so I'm SURLY picking CC in another blowout. Chip could finish with 20, 20 , 20 and 4 blocks. :betterthanexpected:
Wow upset
Count Wrote:Allen may score 64 against the burgs bigs. They don't want any part of the paint. Smith and Wolfe could get 32 apiece which equals 64 so I'm SURLY picking CC in another blowout. Chip could finish with 20, 20 , 20 and 4 blocks. :betterthanexpected:

You guys only have one ball I would all most bet Allen want touch the ball 10 times :why:
I was hoping both teams would lose.
Count Wrote:Allen may score 64 against the burgs bigs. They don't want any part of the paint. Smith and Wolfe could get 32 apiece which equals 64 so I'm SURLY picking CC in another blowout. Chip could finish with 20, 20 , 20 and 4 blocks. :betterthanexpected:

SUR, I say let them ride their high horse into it. Overconfidence gets more good teams beat this time of year than anything. Allen would run out of breath before he got to 20 trying to run with Williamsburg and we all know Chip ain't gonna pass the ball 20 times the whole game.
Not sure if clay wants this game....just saying.
Good luck Tigers.
Clay County won't overlook Williamsburg, trust me. They know what and who Williamsburg is. They're a very talented team. The Tigers just need to stay focused.
Hope you're right UKCC. All due respect to The Burg but I would be disappointed of Jackson made it to the finals and was playing anyone except Clay.
Gamecast Wrote:Hope you're right UKCC. All due respect to The Burg but I would be disappointed of Jackson made it to the finals and was playing anyone except Clay.

Clay is taking it one game at a time, which is what everyone should be doing. Tomorrow's games could get interesting as well.
Gamecast Wrote:SUR, I say let them ride their high horse into it. Overconfidence gets more good teams beat this time of year than anything. Allen would run out of breath before he got to 20 trying to run with Williamsburg and we all know Chip ain't gonna pass the ball 20 times the whole game.

Some of his family/fans may go a little overboard, but every time I've seen McDaniel play this year I always think he passes it too much. He took 10 shots out of Clay's 62 tonight. I know the starters were out early, but it's hard to tell who the STAR is when you watch them play because he doesn't seem to worry about how many shots he gets.
:worthy: 64SUR you got it right my friend sorry I went against you on this one it won't happen again...

64SUR. :theman:
I'll take a big plate of crow when your ready to serve it up!!
:kneel:

SUR we should all learn to listen to you more often!!!
64SUR I'm going to Vegas Monday what number or color should I play on the roulette wheel??? You pick them I'll play them!
HDE Wrote:Some of his family/fans may go a little overboard, but every time I've seen McDaniel play this year I always think he passes it too much. He took 10 shots out of Clay's 62 tonight. I know the starters were out early, but it's hard to tell who the STAR is when you watch them play because he doesn't seem to worry about how many shots he gets.

I noted this earlier in the season. His shots and free throws are down. I don't want to point fingers on losses but when he has less than 15 and Clay loses I start to wonder. Especially like you said (save tonight) when he only attempts 10 or fewer shots. People look at 16 ppg and say, "That's okay I guess." When you put everything on the table he is 1A/1B with Fox and could easily average 20+. That being said he is more worried about his teams success and getting to Rupp is the ultimate goal. They have 5 players averaging 10+ and House around 7 and they're winning, I'll take it.
KC didn't attack the way they are supposed to, Evans was happy with halftime lead and that's all he ever wants ( 4 or 5 pts) then he wants to stall. Sure Barger and Marcy didn't play well , but when Knox beat Corbin , Clay, and Jackson they used their bench. Tonight was a prime example of why Evans has t won any region championships, this is the time of year you attack not hold the ball. I promise his kids would love to play that game without him on the sidelines!!! Anyone that's played those kids know they don't choke!!
The kidds from Knox got blamed last for turning the ball over and not hitting shots. With that said they should have been attacking and pressing the way they did against every other 13th region team they beat this season. This is the time of year you have to attack and build big leads like Clay did tonight, not hold the ball with a single diget lead. Sure Marsse and Barger didn't play as well as normal but Evans didn't go to his bench like he did against Bell,Clay, orJackson. The playoffs are when you let it all out and Evans want let go of the rieghs!Ipromise the kids would love to play that one over without him!and I don't believe anyone that's ever played against the kids from Knox would every say they choked. I think it's more about a coach that don't believe in his kids,and that's a huge problem
UKCC Wrote:I noted this earlier in the season. His shots and free throws are down. I don't want to point fingers on losses but when he has less than 15 and Clay loses I start to wonder. Especially like you said (save tonight) when he only attempts 10 or fewer shots. People look at 16 ppg and say, "That's okay I guess." When you put everything on the table he is 1A/1B with Fox and could easily average 20+. That being said he is more worried about his teams success and getting to Rupp is the ultimate goal. They have 5 players averaging 10+ and House around 7 and they're winning, I'll take it.

If guys want to talk stat I've got some for you. I've heard chip has got less shots all year, is that true yes. A whopping 1.6 a game less. Free throws are 1.1 less. So its no big dramatic # like some people make it out to be. He is a 45% field goal shooter. And has been around that # for his career. When he gets hot he's as good as anyone and I like his game because he rarely plays out of control. I will agree that this team goes as chip goes, but I Dont think that means as chip scores. He has a very good team around this year and if him and the other boys commit to playing team ball( like tonight) they are very very dangerous:Thumbs:
this is the kc choke thread,stay on topic or start a "how great clay county is"thread elsewhere,thank you.lol.
I think some of these guys wanna start a "how great Chip is" thread. Chip has to be on the floor for Clay, but he does not have to take 20 shots a game for them to win. For some to say that Chip is all about the team is a little from the truth. I'm glad he is good at an individual sport. He has shown several signs this year of aggravation and frustration from other players for Clay scoring.
big blu 2 u Wrote:this is the kc choke thread,stay on topic or start a "how great clay county is"thread elsewhere,thank you.lol.

Sorry big blue, clays greatest tends to take over the room/thread its just so hard to contain sometimes:lmao:
When Clay plays as a team with energy and effort that they did last night, they are DANGEROUS. Anyone can burn you any given night. Chip or nobody on the team is focused on how many shots they shoot, the boys have one goal. To get to Rupp and make some noise. We all have seen the "it" factor, its time for the Tigers to lay the pedal to the medal.
Gamecast Wrote:SUR, I say let them ride their high horse into it. Overconfidence gets more good teams beat this time of year than anything. Allen would run out of breath before he got to 20 trying to run with Williamsburg and we all know Chip ain't gonna pass the ball 20 times the whole game.
shows how ignorant and uninformed you are. Allen is the best condition of his life, 6'8-9 about 240 lbs and not the same body he has always had. It would have been scary if he'd been in Clay Co uniform his whole life. As far as the comment on Chip, LOL. Ignorant, uninformed JC fan. Focus on taking care of Corbin.
It amazes me at the number of fans from several teams that continue to talk like their teams are automatically sitting in the finals. Knox Central proves you better play the whole game during regional tourny time. The Burg will be a tremendous challenge for Clay County simply because they have great athletes that play hard, and are finally healthy. They are a group of winners. Clay will have to play to win this one, and I think they will. Jackson County fans have their name penciled in as a finalist and they have two tough games to win to get there.Corbin will be a tough out tonight, and the semi the same. Last night should provide a lesson to all, play and win before you talk about the next game or games.
This is very typical of a Knox Co. teams. They can't win the big games!
I really thought they would win the region, but that may never happen. They can hire the best coach in the country and if the kids can't perform with pressure on it doesn't matter.
Didn't say anything about the kids weight there Bubba. Just said he would tire running with teams like Williamsburg. He did when he was at North, he did this year against Jackson this year. The comment towards Chip was about close games and at the end of the game, the it factor you speak of. In a close game Chip is gonna look for his shot, and rightfully so. I'm laying off on you until our teams meet again Bubba. Don't have time for you.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:When Clay plays as a team with energy and effort that they did last night, they are DANGEROUS. Anyone can burn you any given night. Chip or nobody on the team is focused on how many shots they shoot, the boys have one goal. To get to Rupp and make some noise. We all have seen the "it" factor, its time for the Tigers to lay the pedal to the medal.

I agree bubba. I spoke with 4 of CCs top 6 after the game and all they were about was making a run at Rupp. They really don't care if they score or not, this is why they r legitimately the beat TEAM in the 13th.
Parents and friends, well that's another story, but true CCers work around that
Stay on topic please.
I didn't see anything that KCs coach did that was really that bad. These things happen and this year anyone is in danger of loosing. BUT I do believe Marsee could have dominated the paint all night.